Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-28-2012, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i use an Echo pe-225 stick edger for all walks, drives, and curbs. I use a string trimmer to clean up beds after ive edged them out with a spade. The echo is for sale though, because i will be purchasing a stihl fs 90.

14 Years old
Old 11-28-2012, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just wanted to post a pic or two of a new project I bid on and won for over winter and spring. This is 20 acres of privately owned woods that gets cleared once every five years. The lot is owned by a new customer I signed for next year (6 acres of :manicured: grass and 2000 feet of driveway to edge and blow off). The woods have grades in excess of 30 degrees. Ill be clearing them with a 1999 Ford 3 cylinder deisel tractor with a 6 foot brushog and two fs 90's with blades, as well as a Takehuchi tracked skid steer with a Fecon mulching head. Ill post pics of the machines later.
Attached Images

14 Years old
Old 11-28-2012, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Took the craftsman with chains around the east side of the stream to do part of the bid.
Attached Images

14 Years old
Old 11-28-2012, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Needs a leaf cleanup too.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

20 acres of woods, almost no client would pay for that. Plus its natural fertilizer. That would be an extra nice paycheck.

-Michael

2006 GMC Sierra 2500hd crew cab
BOSS 8'2" Power V
Hustler X-one 60"
Toro Proline 36" wb w/t-bar controls
Toro 22"
Shindaiwa T254, Echo trimmers, chainsaws, pole hedge trimmer, pole saw, hedge trimmer
Shindaiwa 633 and Echo 760LN
Old 11-28-2012, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Thats great you won the bid. Do you own or rent the tractor with brush hog and takehuchi? Have you done many other clearing type jobs and i am excited to see some pictures of this job amd equipment.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-28-2012, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmarkboy13 View Post
Just wanted to post a pic or two of a new project I bid on and won for over winter and spring. This is 20 acres of privately owned woods that gets cleared once every five years. The lot is owned by a new customer I signed for next year (6 acres of :manicured: grass and 2000 feet of driveway to edge and blow off). The woods have grades in excess of 30 degrees. Ill be clearing them with a 1999 Ford 3 cylinder deisel tractor with a 6 foot brushog and two fs 90's with blades, as well as a Takehuchi tracked skid steer with a Fecon mulching head. Ill post pics of the machines later.
Dude that is awesome! I started cutting one house when i was 12! then very slowly started getting more I'm 17 now and do 8 1 acre homes 2 two acre homes and one commercial. I want to do more but i'm in high school i only have so much time, I bet you understand. Congrats on your win on that bid. Seems like a lot of work how are you going to keep up with it?
Old 11-28-2012, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The tacehuchi is a good friend of mines. I sub out skid work to him. Thats why I dont have pics of his stuff readily avaliable. The Ford is being rented, but I may pick it up depending on how much i like it and how effective it is. I really want to shoot for a Ventrac either this year or next. I currently maintain a 1 acre R.O.W site of overhead powerlines that is privately owned. ill get pictures of that up here soon. Ive also cleared 2 acres of steep terrain along a creek at another site with two handle bar trimmers, which I will defiantely be adding this year. I dont know If ill start this winter on the project, depending on my time constraints with school, but most likely in the spring, when im off, as hes in no rush.

14 Years old
Old 11-29-2012, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysLawnCareDelaware View Post
20 acres of woods, almost no client would pay for that. Plus its natural fertilizer. That would be an extra nice paycheck.

-Michael
Actually I do a leaf cleanup on a 30 acre property and you're right, I don't get paid for it...it's mine, lol.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

With the hills next to creeks you can always try to sell them on the fact that you can plant deep/wide rooted shrubs and grasses to prevent erosion into the creek, which then pollutes the water and so on. Some clients may be more "green" than others when it comes to that and want you to add the plants.

If your in Eastern PA, then your watershed feeds into the Delaware Bay and if your in Central and Western PA you feed into the Chesapeake. You can look up the exact boundaries online, I don't know them offhand.

-Michael

2006 GMC Sierra 2500hd crew cab
BOSS 8'2" Power V
Hustler X-one 60"
Toro Proline 36" wb w/t-bar controls
Toro 22"
Shindaiwa T254, Echo trimmers, chainsaws, pole hedge trimmer, pole saw, hedge trimmer
Shindaiwa 633 and Echo 760LN