Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-18-2012, 07:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Question Central FL Sod Contractor

Looking for some help...

Looking for someone in central FL that I can sub out for residential sod jobs.

Looking for a legit, reliable, company that does good work. Not thrown, lumpy, bumpy, WTF, cut off all the irrigation heads with the sod cutter (true story), work.

I need someone that returns phone calls and estimates promptly. Not 2-3 days for a return call and then another 2,3,4 days on the estimate. I don't know about you guys but I lose most jobs that take me a week to estimate.

I realize that this is asking alot but does anyone know of such a company?

Thanks in advance.

Eric
Old 04-18-2012, 07:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Micheal Geist might be available. He does some real nice sod work. He goes by the name "landscape poet" on here. Just remember good and cheap are not synonomous.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-18-2012, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Micheal Geist might be available. He does some real nice sod work. He goes by the name "landscape poet" on here. Just remember good and cheap are not synonomous.
Posted via Mobile Device

Eric, I am PMing you my information. I can help. I will set you up with a base price per square foot for sod (cultivator dependent) and based off of that you can go in and bid your own job - give the customer a price the same day as the call comes in and know that it will be taken care of correctly. For any St. Augustine cultivator we only use muck based sod so there will be no lumps. Bahia, zoysia I can only get in sand for you. Bermuda can go either way depending on who has the best at the time - it can be a sandy muck or a sand base.

I think you are close enough you can come see some of the installations we have done. This weekend would be a good one to review some as I have 8 installs going in this week and a couple of last weeks I can show you in person if you would like.

Thanks,

Michael

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 04-19-2012, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Eric, I would of answered my phone if you would of called today! Did you want to work something out or did you just come here to vent????

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 04-19-2012, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Unclear on the concept of networking?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-19-2012, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Unclear on the concept of networking?
Posted via Mobile Device
Not sure! I offered him my services and gave my phone number to call me in a PM. I thought he was still online when I did so last night but maybe he just left his CPU on? Anyway if you interested Eric you have my number now just give me a buzz

Old 04-19-2012, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey Eric,

We can also be of help in that area. MJLCARE.COM.. check out our recent work, give us a call we can answer any questions, We are of course licensed and Insured , use sod cutters, check and adjust irrigation systems for free. etc, etc.. We also offer sod cutting and removal only if you'd like to do the laying yourself. All jobs are completed rip to lay same day. We ALWAYS get a dig ticket (no exceptions).. Most of the rest is the same as Landscape Poet and not trying to step on toes.. just trying to network like everyone else. We are in the East Orlando area but travel from all over from Kissimmee, Clermont, Sanford, Apopka, and even Daytona if the price is right. We do a lot of sub outs for other landscapers in the area. Will shoot you references and pics if you want.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Patriot, Perhaps i might have been working or something like that huh?

Mike and MJL, Thanks for the replies. I will get in touch when I am able. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You sounded like time was of the essence so I gave you a name 12 minutes after you posted.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-07-2012, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=Eric E;4385839]Looking for some help...

Looking for someone in central FL that I can sub out for residential sod jobs.

Looking for a legit, reliable, company that does good work. Not thrown, lumpy, bumpy, WTF, cut off all the irrigation heads with the sod cutter (true story), work.

I need someone that returns phone calls and estimates promptly. Not 2-3 days for a return call and then another 2,3,4 days on the estimate. I don't know about you guys but I lose most jobs that take me a week to estimate.

I realize that this is asking alot but does anyone know of such a company?

Thanks in advance.

I am in ocala and second to none. Don't know exactly where your looking for work done but if its within hour of me I will take it all. All american workers and insured. Please email me at davevfla@gmail.com. I will make your customers very happy guaranteed. Thanks, dave
Posted via Mobile Device