Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-20-2012, 12:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

John Deere 50d is a great machine , I used to own one. The fit to finish on the kubota is way nicer then the Deere. Small features like the button by the fuel tank. When your filling the machine with fuel press the button and the fuel bar will appear on the display screen showing how close to full you are, and the machine will beep , with the beeps getting closer as you are almost full. The machine feels stonger , and more balanced, the cab is a lot nicer as well. I own a kx71 as well with 4000 hours. Only thing that has been replaced is the battery once.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-02-2014, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Member

I have a kx 57 I love it. I demoed and spent about 10 hours on a Cat 305 , Deere 50 d, Kubota kx 57, We have about 300 hours on the Kubota and no problems at all. The cab on the Kubota has a lot more room and the door is a lot bigger which is nice when you are getting in and out all the time. I would go with the Kubota
Old 03-14-2014, 03:24 PM
LawnSite Member

I own a Deere 85D and have spent significant time in a Kubota KX-080, I liked them both. When it came time to buy, the Kubota was more expensive so I went with Deere. As long as you stay with the big brands( Deere, Kubota, Cat etc.) youll have good resale. I had a Hyundai in the size class your looking at, resale was tough with anyone other than a hyundai dealer, but it was a good machine otherwise. Make sure you factor in dealer/service quality and availability. I went with Deere partially because the dealer was awesome.
01' JD 240 Skid Steer
13' Kubota 3560
12' Deere 85D
Bobcat 48" Ztr
Scag V-ride 52"
Stihl Handhelds