Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-01-2012, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Bad Boy Outlaw Xtreme 29EFI

I sold my 2 Dixies today due to im downsizing to 3 days only mowing so Im buying a Outlaw with the Kohler 29 EFI. This will be the 3rd EFI Kohler the other 2 were on Dixies a 26 and a 28 which between the two had over 2000 hrs with very little problems. MY question is who has the newer deck Bad Boys I had a 32 Lightning and it was a very touchy deck to get to cut good. I got it but took some time. The new decks have 21 Inch blades for more overlap so it should cut better.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawns Etc View Post
I sold my 2 Dixies today due to im downsizing to 3 days only mowing so Im buying a Outlaw with the Kohler 29 EFI. This will be the 3rd EFI Kohler the other 2 were on Dixies a 26 and a 28 which between the two had over 2000 hrs with very little problems. MY question is who has the newer deck Bad Boys I had a 32 Lightning and it was a very touchy deck to get to cut good. I got it but took some time. The new decks have 21 Inch blades for more overlap so it should cut better.
The new deck is totally different than your 60" lightning was. This new deck simply cuts very well no matter what the conditions. between the the deck being longer front to back and having new baffling it does a great job on our northern style grasses. I know what you mean about the old 60" models being very touchy. This new deck just plain performs right out of the box. Havent gotten a chance to experiment with different blades yet but i plan on it soon enough.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have g6 blades from my Scag V Ride that I'm gonna try on it. They are same size. I pick up the mower tomorrow and have 6 lawns to cut so I'll post pics.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-01-2012, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawns Etc View Post
I have g6 blades from my Scag V Ride that I'm gonna try on it. They are same size. I pick up the mower tomorrow and have 6 lawns to cut so I'll post pics.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sounds like a plan! I want to try those, a set of scag standard blades and a set of extra high lift blades.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:28 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

The 61 is worlds better than the 60, you will love it!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-02-2012, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I just demoed a 54" Outlaw yesterday. It was a left over with 4 hrs. on it. Build date was 5/11. Newer dealer and sales guy. He thought the deck was the same as the 2012. Cut was fine but the discharge was pretty poor. Not quite as bad as my old Hustler XR7 deck but not as good as three other decks I demoed. I did notice when I engaged the blades, the rear of the deck really jumped up and maybe forward then settled back down. I had to do it several times just to make sure I was seeing right. Again this may be an older deck? I have no way of verifying.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

2012 is (tweaked) more. Backflow pressure is better, and the left baffle is straight shoot out with the middle and side closer to the back of the discharge to make a more even discharge.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-02-2012, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Good to know. I'll mention it to the salesman. Now I may have to wait to demo a 2012.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
2012 is (tweaked) more. Backflow pressure is better, and the left baffle is straight shoot out with the middle and side closer to the back of the discharge to make a more even discharge.
Posted via Mobile Device
Do you have a picture of the bottom of deck you are talking about to post, and maybe one of the deck mtnmower demo'd to compare them to each other?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Do you have a picture of the bottom of deck you are talking about to post, and maybe one of the deck mtnmower demo'd to compare them to each other?
I dont know where to find pics of the 11' deck but here is the part of their site about the 12' ArmorTek5