Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-08-2012, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

might have to start packing

Who the heck brings thier mean azz dog to work with them? I show up a commercial property to mow this am. The cleaners are there with thier 2 dogs. One hunting type dog and a rot. They are fine he goes in then the Damn rot comes and growls and pounces at me. I told the guy I'll be nice this time, (I lied and said I carry) but I won't hesitate to fire if I feel he's going to bite. I also told the dog will be pit down if he bites anyone weather it be me or animal control. Told him he better keep himself out side when some else is around. Damn dumb people. He's lucky I wasn't in an already pissy mood. I just may have to have a chat with the owners. I can't believe they would allow danger like that around there and inside the building.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-08-2012, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Maybe he was once attacked by a lawn guy and now brings dogs for protection?
Old 05-08-2012, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

He might get attacked again then. Maybe I should a lion to eat his dog and make him crap his pants? Jokes set aside businesses shouldn't allow that crap
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-08-2012, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Member

If they have their dogs with them they need to be securely tied if left alone outside (and they really should not be left alone outside regardless). They are leaving themselves WIDE OPEN for lawsuits.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A string trimmer running wide open across the face is a very good deterrent. It will draw a little blood but it's better than shooting one. I had to do this to a shepherd one time. He left me alone after that.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnagain View Post
A string trimmer running wide open across the face is a very good deterrent. It will draw a little blood but it's better than shooting one. I had to do this to a shepherd one time. He left me alone after that.
This is the last thing you want to do.

Draw a little blood? It could easily cut to the bone. Doing something as stupid as this will surely land you in court with a lawsuit from the owner and possibly jail time from the state animal control officers.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Not if your protecting yourself
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-08-2012, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Stand your ground.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-08-2012, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnagain View Post
I just had to do this on sat. I was trimming with a kombi 110 and had a mid size dog bolt at me from the left. Luckily, i saw him at a dead run when was about 20 feet out. Was already on the gas when he got to me and that confrontation was over quick. By the time i got across the front of the house, the dog was at the garage door wanting to go in. I explained everything to the owner and he actually apologized for fhe dog coming at me. The dog was fine but he will probably think twice next time (either that or make sure i'm not looking next time )
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-08-2012, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Ever hear of the three strikes you're out law?

Some felon has been convicted twice and done his or her time and now he, or she is back out on the street.
I don't know them from Adam, nor can I truly know the difference between a convicted felon and a regular Joe citizen.

But regardless of who did what, today there exists a problem between them, and lets just say me.
Now...

Whether they smack the F out of me...
Which is assault and battery, a crime serious enough to put them right back and this time being the third and thus last time, for good.

Or whether they murder me...
Which carries 20 to life.

Either way they won't see the streets again.
So they might as well take my life.
See how that works.

The point is, I never know who I might run into one day, they ain't got nothing left to lose.
So I tell myself slow down, be nice, chill out.