Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-15-2012, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

lol yea sorry no benches, I just saw what you said about the "old man" I talked to the customer today after cutting the lawn and she said that he actually called the cops but they proved him wrong by bringing out surveys and all. Im glad everything worked out I really dont like those types of situations haha

John Deere
Troybilt
Husqvarna
Echo
Old 05-16-2012, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The rain finally stopped today so I got a chance to play catch-up. I always forget to take a pic of the lawns so I only have 1, the backyard is like one giant weed and with all the rain this past week and dang did this "lawn" get long lol.

I also got a lead on a commercial job today, one of my friends from school works for a housing complex. It would be about another 23 lawns a week which would really change my season completly and almost triple my weekly cuts. I have talked it over with my dad and asked if I could "hire him" I'm gonna pick up another walk behind prob 36" this time (once again more gates) but this time I'd like to have one with the dual handles for drive control instead of pushing through turns haha. I will only pick up another mower if I get the account because other wise it wouldn't make sense.So I am going to look as clean as I can on Saturday and head up there to talk to the business owner. My only concerns are me not being legit or having insurance. So wish me luck!
Attached Images

John Deere
Troybilt
Husqvarna
Echo
Old 05-16-2012, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Doesn't look like you trimmed and it looks like clippings all over that fence.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I did dont worry haha the lawn was so long I side discharged all the clippings toward the fence and had a huge long line of clippings then grabbed my blowers bagger and sucked them all up. The pics were taken just after mowing- before trimming haha Ill try to take them when finished next time

John Deere
Troybilt
Husqvarna
Echo
Old 05-19-2012, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not too much today, I lost a weekly account but got a refferal from another which replaced that one for more $$ So not a too bad day. I went to talk to the owner of that commercial property and gave him my bid and he is thinking it over and will call me in the upcoming days

Oh and I asked my neighbor if I could try out his snapper pro 48" mower... Oh My GOD! Its sooooo much easier than mine, so regardless of this commercial account I am gonna pick up a better mower and keep mine as a back up
Attached Images

John Deere
Troybilt
Husqvarna
Echo
Old 05-21-2012, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just another from yesterday, when you guys take stripe pics do you use your phones? I always use my phone (Motorola Triumph) and the stripes look way different in person I think a dedicated camera would take a better shot. What do you use?
Attached Images

John Deere
Troybilt
Husqvarna
Echo
Old 05-21-2012, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Here you go...your coloration saturation is low.

P.S. - Oops, looks like I overdid it a bit..the house siding looks kind of funky now.
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2012, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

WOW! Thanks i looked in my phone and reset the settings totally different pictures! Thanks lol, I was kinda bummed that my phone couldnt take a good enough picture,, I paid enough for it haha Thanks Darryl

John Deere
Troybilt
Husqvarna
Echo
Old 05-21-2012, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

No problem. To answer you question, I had been using a 10 year old Cannon digital camera but I need a new one now because I can't get Windows 7 drivers for it
Old 05-21-2012, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info, next time ill bring my camera and take a pic then with my phone to see the difference now with the saturation set right it should work a lot better

I'm using a hackintosh -my dog decided to push my other laptop off my bed and this one that Im on didn't work so I decided to make it a mac/pc with windows xp so I have the best of both worlds

John Deere
Troybilt
Husqvarna
Echo