Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-11-2012, 01:22 AM
mp1127 mp1127 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Southbury, CT
Posts: 18
Finished up my website what do you think?

I got ambitious tonight and overhauled my entire website let me know what you guys think, and btw Im new here so hello to everybody.

www.CTexcavation.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-11-2012, 04:02 AM
turfboys turfboys is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Prior Lake
Posts: 6
website

I just finished making a website as well check it out and let me know if anyones got any pointers.
http://www.turfboys.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-11-2012, 05:37 AM
precision_lawns precision_lawns is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Montgomeryville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by turfboys View Post
I just finished making a website as well check it out and let me know if anyones got any pointers.
http://www.turfboys.com
you got a good name, and good look aswell
__________________

~2003 F350 King Ranch 6.0 Diesel
~54" JD Z425
~52" Ferris Hydro WB
~6x14 Trailer
~Stihl Trimmer
~Stihl BR600 Blower
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-11-2012, 06:47 AM
Kkane97 Kkane97 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hudson Valley NY
Posts: 681
Quote:
Spruce your lawn up this spring with professional lawn care from Turfboys Outdoor Services! De-thatching gets rid of dead grass built up over time. Some thatch is good, too much makes it difficult for grass to be healthy, thick and green. Removing the access gives your lawn a better opportunity to grow and be the envy of the neighborhood. Early Spring is the best time, before your lawn comes out of dormancy.
Turfboys, not to be a PITA but I found a spelling mistake under dethatching Both sites look very good!

How are you guys hosting your websites? Home server or online like godaddy.com ?
__________________

John Deere
Troybilt
Husqvarna
Echo
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-11-2012, 07:22 AM
weeble67 weeble67 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Defiance Ohio
Posts: 284
MP1127 Your site looks great.
__________________
1996 Ford F-250 W/Western MVP Blade
1993 Jeep Wrangler W/Meyer Power Angle Plow
1987 Ford F-350 Dump Truck
2008 Exmark 46" Laser HP W/Powerchute & Air Ride
2010 Exmark 52" Vantage
2009 Toro 52" GrandStand W/Powerchute
2010 Lawn Solutions Ride On Aerator
Stihl FS 90 Trimmers
Stihl MS 170 & MS 390 Chainsaws
Stihl HT 101 Pole Saw
Stihl BR600 Backpack Blowers
Stihl BG55 & SH86 Handheld Blowers
Stihl Yard Boss Cultivator
Honda F220 Rototiller
Echo HC150 Shrub Trimmer
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-11-2012, 09:19 AM
USAProLawnCare's Avatar
USAProLawnCare USAProLawnCare is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sonora, Ca
Posts: 295
CT- Site looks good.. Clean, professional, and custom looking; However I have just a couple of constructive pieces of criticism:

Here's what you have on your home page:


CT Excavation & Property Services believes that the customer is #1, we wouldnt be in business without you. Going the extra mile to keep every customer satisfied is top priority.

There are only a couple of grammar issues I would change if it were mine:


CT Excavation & Property Services believes that the customer is #1; We wouldn't be in business without you. Going the extra mile to keep every customer satisfied is our top priority.

Again, just my opinion, but otherwise it looks good!

On a different note: I don't know if I'm missing something here, and I don't mean to be rude, but Turfboys, you really should start a thread of your own if you want comments about your site.. its kind of rude to thread jack like that...

Last edited by USAProLawnCare; 05-11-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-11-2012, 10:04 AM
LawnMan19's Avatar
LawnMan19 LawnMan19 is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Where I need to be
Posts: 3,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp1127 View Post
I got ambitious tonight and overhauled my entire website let me know what you guys think, and btw Im new here so hello to everybody.

www.CTexcavation.com
Your site looks real good man...Good work!
__________________
'' hard workers never slack and slackers never work hard.''
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-11-2012, 11:31 AM
vinnieobrien vinnieobrien is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAProLawnCare View Post
CT- Site looks good.. Clean, professional, and custom looking; However I have just a couple of constructive pieces of criticism:

Here's what you have on your home page:


CT Excavation & Property Services believes that the customer is #1, we wouldnt be in business without you. Going the extra mile to keep every customer satisfied is top priority.

There are only a couple of grammar issues I would change if it were mine:


CT Excavation & Property Services believes that the customer is #1; We wouldn't be in business without you. Going the extra mile to keep every customer satisfied is our top priority.

Again, just my opinion, but otherwise it looks good!

On a different note: I don't know if I'm missing something here, and I don't mean to be rude, but Turfboys, you really should start a thread of your own if you want comments about your site.. its kind of rude to thread jack like that...
lol, yeah. he jumped right in to jack the thread without giving OP any feedback first. makes it even worse. CT i like your website man. Looks good.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-11-2012, 12:04 PM
tonygreek's Avatar
tonygreek tonygreek is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 2,734
MP, my first reaction is that the face of your business, your logo, doesn't look very professional. My guess is that it's more of a square logo and you forced it to fit into the wide rectangle that is your top banner?

I'd also recommend going through previous posts in this forum and take a look at the SEO (search engine optimization) advice we've given to others. Your site, as well as TurfBoys, are essentially lacking the basics, which is what will help get you found.

Tony
__________________
a guy who knows the lawn industry, branding, and web strategy
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-11-2012, 12:25 PM
mp1127 mp1127 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Southbury, CT
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
MP, my first reaction is that the face of your business, your logo, doesn't look very professional. My guess is that it's more of a square logo and you forced it to fit into the wide rectangle that is your top banner?

I'd also recommend going through previous posts in this forum and take a look at the SEO (search engine optimization) advice we've given to others. Your site, as well as TurfBoys, are essentially lacking the basics, which is what will help get you found.

Tony
I agree, its actually a business card file rigged to fit in the banner gonna have to make a better one, and i will take a look at the SEO thing.

Thanks to all
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 AM.

Page generated in 0.09907 seconds with 7 queries