Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-17-2012, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post

Prolly Not.

The thread is in Lawn Care and Landscape Business > Lawn and Landscape Maintenance> Commerical and Residential Mowing.

Since the OP only has a hand full of post, he likely thinks Residential Mowing is the same as Homeowner and Home Owner assistance.

On the otherhand, Home Owners should not be defending home owner equipment to us commecial guys and then get snappy about it.
You got to admit it looks pretty good, Mr pro lawn jockey.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TForan View Post
You got to admit it looks pretty good, Mr pro lawn jockey.
Do you think the equipment would hold up to doing 25 lawns a day 5 days a week?
Old 05-17-2012, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

There are a thousand threads on this new machine, but one thing I'm left wondering...

Will this thing hold up to commercial use?

What was this thread about again?
Old 05-17-2012, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

Absolutely!!
Old 05-17-2012, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Maybe the first 2 weeks.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I can't believe you guys are giving this homeowner a hard time. I appreciated his post and the picture. When these mowers came out many of us were saying that it would work well for those of us that use large zero turns and rarely use walk behinds. I could see it working well for my 3 hrs per week of walk behind jobs. I hate walk behinds but this would save time and money if used on the right lawns. You can't use it daily and expect it to last more than 1 season of commercial use. You can't use it on tall wet lawns, but on the rest average growth lawns should be fine. Guys we really shouldn't act all high and mighty either. Were all just lawn jockeys, not rocket scientists.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 05-17-2012, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Member

So its 3.5x less expensive than a scag, if you buy a timemaster yearly vs one scag in 3.5yrs which cost more to maintain / use? Will the commercial product use nothing but blades oil and gas in those 3.5yrs and many to follow? Im not trying to start an argument but I wonder how robust commercial stuff is, my last mower with a suzuki 4 stroke was a 1988 and ran like new when i sold it for the timemaster
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-17-2012, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3c6 View Post
So its 3.5x less expensive than a scag, if you buy a timemaster yearly vs one scag in 3.5yrs which cost more to maintain / use? Will the commercial product use nothing but blades oil and gas in those 3.5yrs and many to follow? Im not trying to start an argument but I wonder how robust commercial stuff is, my last mower with a suzuki 4 stroke was a 1988 and ran like new when i sold it for the timemaster
Posted via Mobile Device
I had a 36" Scag don't need another. I want a mower that will mulch bag or side discharge. The Timemaster has a rear bagger which I need, and should last me 2 or 3 yrs. I said 1 yrs if you run it daily. All my residential walkbehinds last me for years, I don't need commercial. But I would like to save time on the few I do walk behind that way my big mowers are not sitting, but making money.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 05-18-2012, 03:54 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3c6 View Post
So its 3.5x less expensive than a scag, if you buy a timemaster yearly vs one scag in 3.5yrs which cost more to maintain / use? Will the commercial product use nothing but blades oil and gas in those 3.5yrs and many to follow?
The Timemaster will easily cost more. That Scag should last an easy 10 years. Belts, oil, filters and blades is all it should need.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
I can't believe you guys are giving this homeowner a hard time. I appreciated his post and the picture. When these mowers came out many of us were saying that it would work well for those of us that use large zero turns and rarely use walk behinds. I could see it working well for my 3 hrs per week of walk behind jobs. I hate walk behinds but this would save time and money if used on the right lawns. You can't use it daily and expect it to last more than 1 season of commercial use. You can't use it on tall wet lawns, but on the rest average growth lawns should be fine. Guys we really shouldn't act all high and mighty either. Were all just lawn jockeys, not rocket scientists.
Not giving him a hard time, just explaining our perspective on equipment.