Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-12-2012, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurfsUpLawns View Post
Whats wrong with a whistle here and there, lol
but if you are going to do a job, do it right.
While some low rent complexes may not care about such things the ones I'm working for do. They expect an attempt at professionalism. I had an arguement last year with a LS member about the customers looking at the lawn guys as nothing more than a slug. Well that may be true in his town. Its not where I work.
Example just this past week I was complemented at my higher rent complex by one of the renters on the fact that me and my guys are clean cut, courteous and don't look like just released felons. If we were nothing more than a slug in their eyes they wouldn't say things like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
Do what's in the contract only and in the time frame it is supposed to be done and have an agreement that if they are happy with what is agreed upon on paper they will not put it up for bids every year and you will keep the price right year to year which means low raises.

Other then that when they try and get you to do something that is not in the contract you tell them to blow it out there a ss and stick them to the written agreement and I am serious.You open the door just slightly and let them get the foot in the door and it's over. Just look at taxes in this country! and I rest my case on that.

True that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
Don't hit any cars.

Try to show up the same time every week.

Keep the grass clippings off the cars.

Common sense stuff right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandview (2006) View Post
Every year lower your price.
Yeah.... aint happening.
Not until obummer lowers my taxes and the price at the pump goes down..... A LOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen's Lawn Care View Post
LOL...pretty funny, I'll be sure to hold onto that advice. I especially like your quote at the bottom, great perspective.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Lawn Care View Post
Pretty much all common sense!

You would think, right?

Apparently not that common tho, the previous company sure managed to screw up a lot...... over and over and over.
They didn't just piss off the local management they did such a poor job that when the big swinging dicks from HQ showed up for their annual property inspection they said those guys were OUTA here.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazor-cut View Post
Just picked up 3 commercial properties where i have to regrade the old grass/ dirt and Re-sod Since the past guy cut in the same direction for 28+ weeks straight!

I HATE WHEN I SEE GUYS DOING THAT!!!

yes the stripes look like Tiger Stadium but c'mon!

So how is that killing the grass?

Mowing the same way all summer shouldn't do that.
Gotta be some thing else to the story.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

really? How does that kill grass?
48 and 52 inch Scag Pro-V's
48 and 36 inch Great Dane hydro WB's
2-21in Honda HRC 216 hydro
Echo Hedge trimmer HC-150
2- Shindaiwa multi tool M2510
2-Hitachi string trimmers
Shindaiwa BP blower 854
Robin BP blower
Shindaiwa HT 2510 30in single sided trimmers
Echo Blower ES-230
Stihl Chain Saw 250
Old 05-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJWLAWNCARE View Post
It doesn't. I've mowed the same yards the same way every year for the last decade and they look beautiful.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

don't lie about your insurance and amount of coverage!

There's a local pharmacy around here that had to end up replacing 6 windshields when some genius decided to take a ride through the rock bed with the mower and PTO engaged. Come to find out Joe Bob's blow and go wasn't as legit as they appeared. The pharmacy had to end up eating crow and Joe Bob was probably out of a $699 craftsman special.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbailey View Post
don't lie about your insurance and amount of coverage!

There's a local pharmacy around here that had to end up replacing 6 windshields when some genius decided to take a ride through the rock bed with the mower and PTO engaged. Come to find out Joe Bob's blow and go wasn't as legit as they appeared. The pharmacy had to end up eating crow and Joe Bob was probably out of a $699 craftsman special.

Thats all kinds of special.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Walk in the office, fart and make a comment about how it smells like what you ate of breakfast, sit on the receptionist's desk and play around with her stuff such as pens and paper clips she has on her desk, ask to speak to the owner, don't waste your time with managers or supervisors, owners only and please and thank you, scratch your balls, lift your leg and fart again, bend way down over front of desk to see if you can peek up skirt the receptionist, if anyone walks in or out say "Yo whassup bro" (sis for females) and hi-five and lo-down them, scratch your balls, walk outside, grab a cigarette, light it and walk back inside, smoke while sitting on the receptionist's desk, lift your shirt and pick the lint out of your bellybutton, eat it, and so on...
You get the idea.

Do that and you, sir, will get the attention you have always deserved.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Walk in the office, fart and make a comment about how it smells like what you ate of breakfast, sit on the receptionist's desk and play around with her stuff such as pens and paper clips she has on her desk, ask to speak to the owner, don't waste your time with managers or supervisors, owners only and please and thank you, scratch your balls, lift your leg and fart again, bend way down over front of desk to see if you can peek up skirt the receptionist, if anyone walks in or out say "Yo whassup bro" (sis for females) and hi-five and lo-down them, scratch your balls, walk outside, grab a cigarette, light it and walk back inside, smoke while sitting on the receptionist's desk, lift your shirt and pick the lint out of your bellybutton, eat it, and so on...
You get the idea.

Damn, I guess I won't quit my day job
Old 05-13-2012, 07:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
You get the idea.

Don't forget to keep lots of cold beer in the cooler on the back of the truck. You should also make sure that all large beer and whiskey bottles have a brown paper bag over them so others will have no clue as to what it is you are consuming!

Also, if you are doing a large complex, make sure some of your guys find an isolated location and plant some pot seeds. This will help to supplement their income and they will work harder and be happier. They can weed and feed it each week when they cut the grass (This actually happened to an LCO in AL a few years back, LMAO!)
Old 05-13-2012, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
It doesn't. I've mowed the same yards the same way every year for the last decade and they look beautiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJWLAWNCARE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPS## View Post
So how is that killing the grass?

Mowing the same way all summer shouldn't do that.
Gotta be some thing else to the story.
no one wants to see those big ruts! So we had to re grade the lawns.

PM For DETAILS!