Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-22-2012, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIESSENS TLC View Post
Oh, I'm sure someone here knows how to reply to 5 people at once, instead of replying separately. Help pls!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Look in the lower right corner of every post.
Just to the right of the "QUOTE" button is a "Multi-Quote" button. (hover over it and it will show you what it is)

Click on that button for each post you want to reply to in one post, THEN hit the "Post Reply" button.

You can then click to place the cursor below each person's quoted text to reply to the individual quotes, or just type under all of them at the bottom.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Did it come with that oil drain hose? I may order one for my eXmark since its threaded for the Kawasaki engine block.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyst1 View Post
I'm a huge Ferris fan, but those stripes suck. Are your RPM's good? Is there a stripe kit for this machine? I really want to but a Ferris WB, but if it ain't ICD, it ain't striping.
Im not a big fan of the stripes either, but im really not too worried about. The rpms i believe would be factory set, no? I thought about getting an hour meter with the setting that displays rpms, but that costs more too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
Look in the lower right corner of every post.
Just to the right of the "QUOTE" button is a "Multi-Quote" button. (hover over it and it will show you what it is)

Click on that button for each post you want to reply to in one post, THEN hit the "Post Reply" button.

You can then click to place the cursor below each person's quoted text to reply to the individual quotes, or just type under all of them at the bottom.
thanks alot oaknut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frotis View Post
Did it come with that oil drain hose? I may order one for my eXmark since its threaded for the Kawasaki engine block.
Ya it came with it. i think its pretty cool and is going to save me tons of time and of course spills. if it didnt come with one, i would've rigged something up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCountyLawn View Post
I got my catcher in 06' and if I remember right it was in the 350-450 range. I remember thinking "this better be worth it" to myself. Having used toro and exmark cloth catchers before I wasnt let down at all.
way too much for 1 lawn! if all my clients wanted their grass bagged, it would be a different story.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I don't understand your question richard.
Interesting. You don't see it. You could have taken 5 seconds and knocked that grass down in the horseshoe pit. I'm just saying.

Now you need to put brakes on your new Ferris SD.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Interesting. You don't see it. You could have taken 5 seconds and knocked that grass down in the horseshoe pit. I'm just saying.

Now you need to put brakes on your new Ferris SD.

ahhh yes the weeds! good eye. well, now i know who i can turn too for questions. assuming you have a hydro-cut as well. How come you put brakes on it?
Old 05-23-2012, 05:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
ahhh yes the weeds! good eye. well, now i know who i can turn too for questions. assuming you have a hydro-cut as well. How come you put brakes on it?
I wanted to use a Velke behind it and it just generally makes it a whole lot easier to use, especially on hill sides. BTW, I disconnected the thumb safeties. I found that it was literally wearing my thumbs out holding down on the safeties the whole time. I don't know if they still use them but it was a really stupid idea. If you have a problem in the future with the mower acting like it's running out of gas when the tank is half full, you may need to do this mod.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...61&postcount=2

Last edited by Richard Martin; 05-23-2012 at 05:42 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I wanted to use a Velke behind it and it just generally makes it a whole lot easier to use, especially on hill sides. BTW, I disconnected the thumb safeties. I found that it was literally wearing my thumbs out holding down on the safeties the whole time. I don't know if they still use them but it was a really stupid idea. If you have a problem in the future with the mower acting like it's running out of gas when the tank is half full, you may need to do this mod.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...61&postcount=2
is it hard to steer with a SD & a velke?
Old 05-23-2012, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So heres the hour meters I got today. One on the right was $25 and the one on the left was $65. Guy at the counter says the cheap one isnt waterproof & if it quits on me in a week...thats it! The good one is going on the bike because it is waterproof and has a couple settings, and it has a battery that can be replaced too.http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.p...1&d=1337822997
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2012, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd be surprised if the inexpensive one isn't waterproof.
That's just a re-branded SenDEC - I've seen at least three different brands of the exact same unit. I wouldn't be too concerned.

The replaceable battery - now that's a nice option.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Oaknut, dealer got back to me today with a price for a OCDC. $239+freight which he said was about $50. Way too much!!! I will be making one instead!