Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-15-2012, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Member

TL130 Fuel tank drain plug location

Can anyone tell me where the drain for the fuel tank is on a TL130? Apparently Ive got some bad fuel (water) and have to keep changing the filter.

Also once drained and filter changed whats the easiest way to bleed all the air out of the lines?
Old 06-15-2012, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It should be under the tank, lay under the back end and look for a threaded bung.
As for bleeding, there should abe a hand primer bulb somewhere in the back end.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-15-2012, 03:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
It should be under the tank, lay under the back end and look for a threaded bung.
As for bleeding, there should abe a hand primer bulb somewhere in the back end.
Posted via Mobile Device
Im thinking the drain will towards the front of the machine. Ive had ever plate off in the rear.

Theres a electric pump that goes to the water seperator and a bleeder screw on the seperator itself. Not sure what Im doing wrong but the pump is running and I open the screw but no fuel ever comes out
Old 06-16-2012, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z'mnypit View Post
Im thinking the drain will towards the front of the machine. Ive had ever plate off in the rear.

Theres a electric pump that goes to the water seperator and a bleeder screw on the seperator itself. Not sure what Im doing wrong but the pump is running and I open the screw but no fuel ever comes out
sometimes the bleeder screw ports can get plugged up with debris.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't have specific experience with your machine but here is what I have learned over time.

If you have an owners manual, I'm sure there is a section that specifically addresses bleeding the system after servicing or running the machine out of fuel.

My guess is you can leave the key in the "on" position and let the electric pump run for a few minutes and that will bleed the system for you since the fuel probably circulates back to the tank. Sometimes setting the hand throttle to "full" when cranking the engine opens up the injection pump and allows the fuel to pass through easier thus helping to bleed the air from the system.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Tank drained, filter replaced. Water seperator cleaned. I started the engine and cracked each line at the injector to bleed the system. Seemed to work but now when I start it after its been sitting a while or overnight it will start right up run for a few secs then die. Then it takes a min or two before it start (like its out of fuel) Just turns over and over
Old 06-18-2012, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z'mnypit View Post
Tank drained, filter replaced. Water seperator cleaned. I started the engine and cracked each line at the injector to bleed the system. Seemed to work but now when I start it after its been sitting a while or overnight it will start right up run for a few secs then die. Then it takes a min or two before it start (like its out of fuel) Just turns over and over
are you preheating the glow plugs? turn and hold the key to the left for 10-15 seconds.

also, when starting, have the throttle up a little, not all the way down.