Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
REALLY? Everyone is on a "fixed income." I make X and my wife makes X, together that is our income, and we live within that. We don't buy things we don't need or that we can't afford. If you are on a "fixed income" don't buy services you can't afford. I plow for some elderly people who are on SS. I charge them my minimum because they have worked all their life and don't have the means to take care of it themselves. That being said I run a business not a charity, if you can't afford me or my "crazy" trip charge pick up the phone and call the next guy, there are plenty of hacks willing to work for free but not this guy
sounds like charity to me.

everyone I work for pays full price. there is no discount for anything. doesn't matter if your 30 and fit or 90 with hip problems. if the job is $40 it's $40 for all.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My elderly plowing customers pay my minimum too, but they are all in the same area and at the very end of my route, so their service isn't the best. Often they only get plowed once, whereas my other customers get plowed 2 or 3 times....it's a trade-off they're willing to make to save a few bucks and works out for both parties. I do have a soft spot for "little old ladies" and I'm not ashamed of that, lol.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Check is in the mail.......
No dispute over the charges.

The 20's year old live at home unemployed son wants to earn the mowing $.
The csr.....40's year old single female doctor, is tired of paying his car payments/insurance/cell phone bill and giving him spending $.

Self employed for over 35 years..
Old 05-22-2012, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
My elderly plowing customers pay my minimum too, but they are all in the same area and at the very end of my route, so their service isn't the best. Often they only get plowed once, whereas my other customers get plowed 2 or 3 times....it's a trade-off they're willing to make to save a few bucks and works out for both parties. I do have a soft spot for "little old ladies" and I'm not ashamed of that, lol.
guess I don't have soft spots.

everyone pays the same amounts. young, old, able, disabled, fixed income, social security, disability, family, friend, etc.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
guess I don't have soft spots.

everyone pays the same amounts. young, old, able, disabled, fixed income, social security, disability, family, friend, etc.
No merit badge for U.

Self employed for over 35 years..
Old 05-22-2012, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Some... View Post
The homeowner is a 45 year old single female physician.........
The marrying type
Old 05-22-2012, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Anyone who give me the sob story of they are on a fixed income get a rude look from me and a question from me, isn't most of the people you know? I mean my wife gets paid a "salary" so her income is fixed and you paying your monthly part of my income so my income is fixed.
People explaining that they are on "fixed" income make me go WTF, because most people are.....but let me just tell the power company when they come to shut my power off.....wait you can't cut my power because Mrs. Jones is on a fixed income. I buy services and goods based off my income I do not see why some people seem to fail to understand that is how life works.
Welcome to the conversation guys!

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 05-22-2012, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
Same thing, they have no where to go during the storm anyways. Anything over 6" I charge for two visits even if I only make one. Like I said, I still make money and they get a service they NEED not one because they are too lazy, but because they are physically unable to do it... a huge difference IMO.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 seasons lawn&land View Post
Respect for the lawn guy is so low that the lawn guys dont even have a problem with it anymore.
Couldn't of said it better myself. I might even have to but that quote in my sig.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Some... View Post
No merit badge for U.
bummer......
Closed Thread