Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-27-2012, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Still no demo and its been over a month. I working with my second scag dealer and still no dealer and no call backs. Im not use to the poor customer service i have an excellent exmark dealer. Gravely was also not to good either. whats wrong with people? Why cant my exmark dealer sell scag? LOL
PUSH MOWERS LAWN BOY AND TORO PROLINE
All STILH
ENCORE 8HP PUSH BLOWER
VERMEER 630B STUMP GRINDER
Old 06-28-2012, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StihlBR600 View Post
Im not going to lie the pictures dont look steep at all lol. But ill try to get a pic of the angle finder so i can prove how steep it is
BR, I ended up getting a 31 Kaw. The only thing I can't stand about this mower is that the seat wont stay upright before it starts tilting back. I looked and their is no lock for the turn knob on the side. Would you happen to have this problem too?
Old 06-28-2012, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABBERS View Post
Still no demo and its been over a month. I working with my second scag dealer and still no dealer and no call backs. Im not use to the poor customer service i have an excellent exmark dealer. Gravely was also not to good either. whats wrong with people? Why cant my exmark dealer sell scag? LOL
thats how the exmark dealers are around my area. Hole reason i went to scag/deere
Old 06-28-2012, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Property View Post
thats how the exmark dealers are around my area. Hole reason i went to scag/deere
Some dealers get a little too "proud" of their eqp. and seemingly forget there's strong competition all around them now.
I heard someone say there were somewhere around 75 different "Z" mower manufacturers now.

A customer doesn't have to chase a dealer anymore....that's for sure.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijustwantausername View Post
BR, I ended up getting a 31 Kaw. The only thing I can't stand about this mower is that the seat wont stay upright before it starts tilting back. I looked and their is no lock for the turn knob on the side. Would you happen to have this problem too?
No problem like that with my cheetah. Bet the mechanism that holds it in place is not alligned properly. Should be a warranty repair. The only issue I had so far is with the roll bar. When you raise it the holes on the left side wont allign to put the pins in. I will have the dealer fix this winter. Do your holes allign properly?
Old 06-29-2012, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1153 View Post
Thanks for the post,
I haven't felt that my Cheetah is underpowered, but I also have not used any other mower to compare it too. It only seems like the engine bogs down when I cut grass that has grown a few inches and has a lot of moisture in it after a rain. But I would think most mowers would act the same as mine in the situation.

I have never calculated my fuel consumption. And I do have the high lift blades, and was told they may contribute to more fuel consumption. When I go out next time I'll top the mower off and try to get an average. But I'll tell you it feels like I get about an hour per gallon of gas.

I went back and forth on the engines too, I only went with the 31HP Kaw because I know a few other contractors that have had that engine and swore that with proper maintenance it would not give me any issues so I went with it.

Thanks
Mark

I have the 31 Kaw on my Gravely 460 and so far it has more than enough power. Thing doesn't even break a sweat. Down side is I'm only getting 2.0 gph roughly. Hopefully will get better as braking in. Last checked at about 25 hrs. My 28 Kohler efi is very weak on my Super Z but I bet I get around 1-1.2 gph.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABBERS View Post
Exmark is selling inferior equipment compared to Scag and have to do a better job with customer service...sucks but thats the way it works
Old 06-29-2012, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS View Post
Think of it this way, if it were a Turf Tiger, you'd have run out of gas in that 5hrs!
Posted via Mobile Device
I've got a 61"Turf Tiger w/ FD750D Kawasaki mill that is very fuel efficient at 1.2gph
Old 07-01-2012, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

While the 27hp LC Kawi is decent on economy, it is a dud when it comes to power. I had one on my 60" LC'd Lazer with only 10cc pumps and it was underpowered.
2006 Hustler SuperZ 28EFI 60" Power Chute Design OCDC SOLD!
Perma-green Magnum
1996 48" SCAG Belt WB 14hp Kawasaki Classic Deck
Echo 2 strokes PB-755 & SRM 280
Eastman WM20H 20" Commercial Push mower (NEW for 2013)
Commercial Lawnboy trim mower 3-FOR SALE!http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424203
Solo since 1980
Old 07-01-2012, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanWilhite View Post
Some dealers get a little too "proud" of their eqp. and seemingly forget there's strong competition all around them now.
I heard someone say there were somewhere around 75 different "Z" mower manufacturers now.

A customer doesn't have to chase a dealer anymore....that's for sure.

In my area yes there are plenty of dealers but no one want to demo except my exmark dealer. Sure they all talk of a demo but its hard to come by and I get mad when I straight out tell them to call and let me know whats going on and they never call.
PUSH MOWERS LAWN BOY AND TORO PROLINE
All STILH
ENCORE 8HP PUSH BLOWER
VERMEER 630B STUMP GRINDER