Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 05-27-2012, 09:34 AM
birddseedd birddseedd is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kalamazoo MI
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitelawnteam1 View Post
--You asked me to give you a mulch quote. I did. You found someone who could do it cheaper. But, you failed to see that I quoted for 3 inches, since it hasn't been done in a while. The company you chose barely put down an inch, now 2 weeks later, most of it is washed away, and complaining to ME????
wow. some people sure are nutz.

i have a customer like that. hired someone that put it one piece of wood thick. the thinn side.

he said he shoulda went with me. iv got 13 yards of mulch, 300' edging and a couple rolls of weed barrier being delivered tuesday. just wondering if im not charging enough. 1500 for the beds, couple branches. and racking out and seeding some of his yard that got overgrown.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 05-27-2012, 10:33 AM
3rdDayBrad 3rdDayBrad is online now
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
wow. some people sure are nutz.

i have a customer like that. hired someone that put it one piece of wood thick. the thinn side.

he said he shoulda went with me. iv got 13 yards of mulch, 300' edging and a couple rolls of weed barrier being delivered tuesday. just wondering if im not charging enough. 1500 for the beds, couple branches. and racking out and seeding some of his yard that got overgrown.

No disrespect, but...... WHY do you want to make more work for yourself by putting weed fabric down before the mulch? Purpose of mulch is to suppress the weeds!

I guess this could be one more thing landscapers don't tell you: I'm putting down weed fabric for you because I can charge you addition time/material. Plus, it won't work once the mulch decomposes and I will charge you more to pull the weeds that are growing on top of the fabric!
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 05-27-2012, 10:38 AM
hackitdown hackitdown is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Groton, MA
Posts: 2,205
Here's a few I'd like to say, but won't:

- Why am I so much more expensive? Because you are a dick and I am giving you a "go away" price.
- Yes, my mower did fling your dog's crap at your patio door.
- My house is way nicer than this dump.
- I charge $60 per hour, and yes, it is way more than you earn.
- No I have not sharpened my blades this week. Or last week. And I don't care.
- The reality of this situation is that I don't actually need your business, my phone has been ringing off the hook for weeks. So I'm leaving now because you are behaving like a dick.
__________________

Supah-Duty
Exmark-Gravely-Scag
Stihl-Redmax
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 05-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 7,957
A customer called at 1:07 pm yesterday and talked to my wife to let her know that their lawn was long (they over fertilized the hell out of it) and needed mowing. I was there within 10 minutes to mow it. I'm not going to tell them I never even got the message from my wife until I got home...I'll let them think I dropped whatever I was doing to mow it for them, hehe.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 05-27-2012, 10:47 AM
birddseedd birddseedd is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kalamazoo MI
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdDayBrad View Post
No disrespect, but...... WHY do you want to make more work for yourself by putting weed fabric down before the mulch? Purpose of mulch is to suppress the weeds!

I guess this could be one more thing landscapers don't tell you: I'm putting down weed fabric for you because I can charge you addition time/material. Plus, it won't work once the mulch decomposes and I will charge you more to pull the weeds that are growing on top of the fabric!
i dont take offence. i have been thinking alot about. i kno some guys dont use it. some do. iv always used it. your landscape will weed free alot longer with it IF you keep it clean. i tell my customers to mow 2 lines around the beds blowing grass away. it will give you several years without much for weeds.

i have been thinking about doing this one without it tho. since i am a little low on price.

i dont charge extra on materials.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 05-27-2012, 10:47 AM
birddseedd birddseedd is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kalamazoo MI
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
A customer called at 1:07 pm yesterday and talked to my wife to let her know that their lawn was long (they over fertilized the hell out of it) and needed mowing. I was there within 10 minutes to mow it. I'm not going to tell them I never even got the message from my wife until I got home...I'll let them think I dropped whatever I was doing to mow it for them, hehe.
haha good one
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 05-27-2012, 10:50 AM
birddseedd birddseedd is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kalamazoo MI
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdDayBrad View Post
No disrespect, but...... WHY do you want to make more work for yourself by putting weed fabric down before the mulch? Purpose of mulch is to suppress the weeds!

I guess this could be one more thing landscapers don't tell you: I'm putting down weed fabric for you because I can charge you addition time/material. Plus, it won't work once the mulch decomposes and I will charge you more to pull the weeds that are growing on top of the fabric!
this doesnt happen untill materials decompose and create dirt on top of the fabric. it takes years for this to happen if you arnt blowing grass on it every week and even then is still pretty limited.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 05-27-2012, 10:54 AM
hackitdown hackitdown is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Groton, MA
Posts: 2,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
this doesnt happen untill materials decompose and create dirt on top of the fabric. it takes years for this to happen if you arnt blowing grass on it every week and even then is still pretty limited.
I have pulled a lot of weeds out of a lot of fabric with mulch. Weeds will grow in nice fresh mulch.
__________________

Supah-Duty
Exmark-Gravely-Scag
Stihl-Redmax
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 05-27-2012, 11:01 AM
birddseedd birddseedd is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kalamazoo MI
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackitdown View Post
I have pulled a lot of weeds out of a lot of fabric with mulch. Weeds will grow in nice fresh mulch.
nothing will last forever. im just saying it keeps it fresh for a few extra years. i have pulled weeds out of the fabric itself, but most of the time the roots cannot get through the fabric. so they cannot grow as strong and not as much.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 05-27-2012, 12:41 PM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 4,768
10. Your lawn is my bathroom
9. I really don't know what the heck i am doing on this job, ill get back to you on the details after i consult with about 5 other contractors on lawnsite.com
8. I only try to be your friend to get your business, and all your friends business
7. The nick in your siding was my fault
6. The lawn that only grew 1/4 inch was mulched, not bagged like you asked
5. My scheduling conflict yesterday i told you about was conflicting with my day off i wanted to take
4. The mulch pile you have is not just your grass, but about 5 other houses
3. I act like I am going to do the things you ask just so I can get back to work and i know you will forget about them
2. Your old enough to be my mom, but your hot! and you have enough money for me to live the rest of my life in luxury
1. You annoy the living crap out of me every time you open your mouth or if i feel we are on the same property so i avoid you as much as physically possible and schedule when i come with when your not home.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:47 AM.

Page generated in 0.08347 seconds with 8 queries