Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-02-2012, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was actually looking at one of those earlier today. May have to see if they want one of those hooked up. My luck though, someone would shut off the valve. Can't have anything nice over there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-02-2012, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zechstoker View Post
If there was a way to set up something like a drip system with a remote control panel that I could program/meter from a computer off site, then I might consider it. I'm only there once a week for less than a hour at a time, and they require more frequent watering than I can deal with. Really, these renters take absolutely zero responsibility for anything/everything there. They're the type that require someone to hold their hand through every minuscule task in life. Wastes of life if you ask me.

Sorry, I'm done venting (for) now.
Posted via Mobile Device
Actually a big chunk of ice works great as a cheap way to drip irrigate, freeze like a quart or a half gallon of water and then set that thing out there by the plant, as it melts the water slowly seeps into the ground.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Actually a big chunk of ice works great as a cheap way to drip irrigate, freeze like a quart or a half gallon of water and then set that thing out there by the plant, as it melts the water slowly seeps into the ground.
for about 5 minutes
Old 06-02-2012, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Good idea. I just use the timers because it lets me sleep at night! Knowing all of the plants have gotten watered evenly and such. That time above amazingly only cost 50 bucks! The soaker hose cost me about 7 bucks for 50'.

PM For DETAILS!
Old 06-03-2012, 07:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
for about 5 minutes

My thoughts also,, in the heat of July and August you would need 5k pounds of ice to make it last.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Member

1. Today I blew my clippings on your car so maybe you'll get the hint to not park there.
2. I've been feeding your dog immodium since April.
3. I know I said 10 yards of mulch, but you're right...get 5, what do I know?
4. I'm glad you think your grass looks great when cut at 1"...but it's gonna be expensive for me to paint it green come July
5. I'm gonna put all the dog crap on your sidewalk, so you can step in it and pretend it doesn't piss you off
6. When you're not home sir...I hit on your wife
7. When you come outside to talk to me, I consider running the blades over my foot, because my mangled foot is more interesting than anything you have to say
8. Did you ever think the reason none of your neighbors like you is because you're a lunatic?
9. I didn't really get behind schedule on Thursday, I really came on Friday because you said you'd be away.
10. I bring my trash from home and put it in your can because you always have room.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTVLandscaping View Post
1. Today I blew my clippings on your car so maybe you'll get the hint to not park there.
2. I've been feeding your dog immodium since April.
3. I know I said 10 yards of mulch, but you're right...get 5, what do I know?
4. I'm glad you think your grass looks great when cut at 1"...but it's gonna be expensive for me to paint it green come July
5. I'm gonna put all the dog crap on your sidewalk, so you can step in it and pretend it doesn't piss you off
6. When you're not home sir...I hit on your wife
7. When you come outside to talk to me, I consider running the blades over my foot, because my mangled foot is more interesting than anything you have to say
8. Did you ever think the reason none of your neighbors like you is because you're a lunatic?
9. I didn't really get behind schedule on Thursday, I really came on Friday because you said you'd be away.
10. I bring my trash from home and put it in your can because you always have room.
sounds uncomfortable
Old 06-29-2013, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Member

1. No i can't mow around your 100 invisible fence flags every week. ( i take 2 out each week)
2. No i dont like getting my mower stuck in your yard while I fly over the handles because you won't fill in your yard do to your mutt digging.
3. Clean your damn toys up before I get there.
4. Yes I always wear dark tinted sunglasses because I'm really not looking into your face.
5. No I can't weed eat the cracks in the street because you're to lazy to spray them.
6. Yes those dark brown lines are from me running through your yard after you've watered each day for 5 hrs. Hint hint.
7. You had grass on your car? Oh I'm sorry maybe you should of not parked in the grass again.
8. I mow your yard once a week on the same day, no I won't just use my 21" when I can use my 60". Move your car out of the way.
9. Yes I just charged you for 5 minutes of weed eating. I've got to show you that you can't ask for "little things" every week.
10. Your wife is really nice when you're away for work.
2-60" lazer exmarks, 8-60"exmark wb's 3-36" exmark wb's, 6-21" push mowers, 3 stihl chainsaws, 4 hedge trimmers, 12 stihl trimmers, 7 stihl back pack blowers, 3 hand held stihl blowers, 3500 gas Chevy flatbed dump, 3500 diesel Chevy flatbed, 3500 gas gmc flatbed, 2500 gas dodge flatbed, 1500 gas Cheyenne Chevy. 20' trailer, 2-12' trailers, 6' trailer, 16' trailer.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I swear I didn't intentionally run over those dog toys, I just didn't see them.
What? No I didn't intentionally run my mower tire through that giant pile of dog crap and go across your patio!
No, I do not run like hell and always keep my earplugs in just to avoid you
Old 06-30-2013, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I do not understand the dog thing. iv not once had this issue
Posted via Mobile Device