Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-23-2012, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

When folks need to cancel service I see them finding thousands of different creative ways in which to do that,
anything will do, I have seen them all but then I find myself getting angry because someone isn't telling the truth...
I always ask myself, why does it have to be this way?

If you need to stop or cancel service for ANY reason, a simple phone call telling me just that will suffice.
You do not need to give, nor do I recommend that you give a reason, usually that only makes it worse.
Just tell me my services are no longer required and be pleasant and polite, but short and to the point.
You can leave it at that, I don't have to know why.

Thank you and have a nice day
Old 05-23-2012, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

when you were gone, i peed behind your shed, and used your deck to eat my lunch.

and even tho every time i mow you take off your top and walk around the big windows showing it all, it aint happenin (true story on all 3 accounts)
Old 05-23-2012, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazor-cut View Post
Love cleanups! Gotta have the right setup/ system! Majority of my Cleanups are COD- That means i dont see a check or If it wasnt a prepaid, i keep goin'!
Got to love the new cell phone card readers. No check no problem, got a check card and we can get started.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
~ On a beautiful Spring day, I'll come give you your estimate and listen to you gush about all your glowing intentions of making your lawn/yard look like it belongs in a magazine. And while your enthusiasm dwindles, so will mine. You see, I find it very challenging to care MORE about your lawn than you actually do. And by the time the leaves are falling in November, you have grown tired of paying me...and want some kind of deal to wind up the year...WHEN IT'S THE TIME OF THE YEAR THAT I WORK HARDEST IN THE POOREST CONDITIONS.

Ahhhh, I feel so much better.......but I'm still not looking forward to leaves in November.

Not to mention you won't be working soon until it snows. PAY UP

Gravely
Scag
Ferris
Echo
Stihl
Old 05-24-2012, 08:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just thought of one. True story that happened to me once when I got sick while working.

"I puked in your backyard when I was spreading pine straw. If you're wondering what your dog is eating, it's probably my puke. Don't worry I covered it with the new pine straw"
Old 05-24-2012, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
When folks need to cancel service I see them finding thousands of different creative ways in which to do that,
anything will do, I have seen them all but then I find myself getting angry because someone isn't telling the truth...
I always ask myself, why does it have to be this way?

If you need to stop or cancel service for ANY reason, a simple phone call telling me just that will suffice.
You do not need to give, nor do I recommend that you give a reason, usually that only makes it worse.
Just tell me my services are no longer required and be pleasant and polite, but short and to the point.
You can leave it at that, I don't have to know why.

Thank you and have a nice day
I like to know why. in case it's a mistake I made or something I didn't do or did do so I can make sure it's not something I'm doing with others.

I don't require people tell me why but if they don't I ask.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

It's typically not the truth anyway. I had one lady stop service because I wasn't mowing in her planting beds because she had no plants there. I said I never told her I would do it, partly because I'd look like a hack. She had a crappy lawn anyway

Gravely
Scag
Ferris
Echo
Stihl
Old 05-25-2012, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitelawnteam1 View Post
It's typically not the truth anyway. I had one lady stop service because I wasn't mowing in her planting beds because she had no plants there. I said I never told her I would do it, partly because I'd look like a hack. She had a crappy lawn anyway
had a customer try on multiple occasions to get me to do inside his beds for free. even lied to an employee saying i told him it was ok to do inside the beds.

he wasnt a customer much longer. cheap bastard had a 1 million dollar stone house and wanted me to do a 60 dollar lawn for 25 bucks. and still kept asking for freebies.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
had a customer try on multiple occasions to get me to do inside his beds for free. even lied to an employee saying i told him it was ok to do inside the beds.

he wasnt a customer much longer. cheap bastard had a 1 million dollar stone house and wanted me to do a 60 dollar lawn for 25 bucks. and still kept asking for freebies.
I have one of those types on service currently. In fact, my day ended with that ****** yesterday.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-25-2012, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

When your landscaper asks if you would like to have your beds mulched, he doesn't mean using a mulching mower on them............