Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-17-2012, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Member

starting a roof cleaning company

i feel like their is not much competition in my area for a ''legit'' roof cleaning company. i would like to add it to my lawn care business. My question is, What type of equipment do i need? should i buy a cargo van? how does one clean the roof? what type of soft wash system should i use? do i clean from the roof or from the ground? I know these questions seem stupid. I plan on being a legit company and not a ''weekend warrior''. Is their a market out their? it seems like not very many people know the best way to clean their roof and would rather replace it. Any answers would help. thanks
  • 60inch scag turf tiger
  • 52inch scag walkbehind
  • 48inch scag walkbehind
  • echo trimmers
  • echo backpack blowers
63 residential accounts
12 commercial accounts
im only 15 years old
Old 05-17-2012, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProChoice View Post
i feel like their is not much competition in my area for a ''legit'' roof cleaning company. i would like to add it to my lawn care business. My question is, What type of equipment do i need? should i buy a cargo van? how does one clean the roof? what type of soft wash system should i use? do i clean from the roof or from the ground? I know these questions seem stupid. I plan on being a legit company and not a ''weekend warrior''. Is their a market out their? it seems like not very many people know the best way to clean their roof and would rather replace it. Any answers would help. thanks
Equipment needed-A good electric pump system will be perfect for starting, contact Paul or Bill at powerwashstore.com about the Dual Roof Pumps System. For under a thousand bucks you can be up and running.

I would not suggest a van, A pick up truck, long bed, is perfect.

Soft wash system??...see above

Roof or Ground, actually you will find yourself cleaning from both and on two story houses from the ladder at the gutter line.

Yes their is a market out there, and when educated properly, the customer will always choose cleaning over replacement. Many area the customer just doesnt know they can have it cleaned.

Doug Rucker 281.883.8470
Clean and Green Solutions

I own an Awesome Pressure Washing Company and Fantastic Roof Cleaning Service Company located in Houston Texas

http://houston.pressurewashing.net/
Old 05-17-2012, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Better make sure your insurance is updated with necessary riders. Big difference in risk factors to the insurerer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-28-2012, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProChoice View Post
We work in Fredericksburg quite a bit. In fact, we'll be in Stafford for a job tomorrow afternoon. Give me a call if you'd like and you can come by the job site and see what is needed.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Cleaning Virginia View Post
We work in Fredericksburg quite a bit. In fact, we'll be in Stafford for a job tomorrow afternoon. Give me a call if you'd like and you can come by the job site and see what is needed.
PROCHOICE, IF I WERE YOU, I WOULD ACCEPT THAT INVITATION!!!

Ted helped me get started with a ton of info! Now, I haven't looked back. When I started my company, I mowed, landscaped, trimmed trees, spring and fall cleanups, gutter clean-outs, debris removal, plowing and just about anything else that a customer needed done around the outside of their home.

Today, we are finishing up our spring cleanups, and dropping most of our services. We are keeping mowing (to pay the bills), plowing, and of course, gutter cleanouts (goes with the roof and house washing). Other than that, we are doing soft and pwer washing and roof cleaning and thats it!. There is a huge market, the pay is outstanding and it beats the heck out of digging holes in 90 degree temps.

Thanks Ted, for all of your help. Give me a call sometime when you aren't busy!

RIP SFC Hall, SGT Forest, CPL Pautsch.I will never forget you guys!

I am the Infantry! Follow me!
Old 06-10-2012, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlee View Post
PROCHOICE, IF I WERE YOU, I WOULD ACCEPT THAT INVITATION!!!

Ted helped me get started with a ton of info! Now, I haven't looked back. When I started my company, I mowed, landscaped, trimmed trees, spring and fall cleanups, gutter clean-outs, debris removal, plowing and just about anything else that a customer needed done around the outside of their home.

Today, we are finishing up our spring cleanups, and dropping most of our services. We are keeping mowing (to pay the bills), plowing, and of course, gutter cleanouts (goes with the roof and house washing). Other than that, we are doing soft and pwer washing and roof cleaning and thats it!. There is a huge market, the pay is outstanding and it beats the heck out of digging holes in 90 degree temps.

Thanks Ted, for all of your help. Give me a call sometime when you aren't busy!
Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you. We've been in Fredericksburg, Stafford and even Orange Va several times since I made that post. I guess the young man has other things going on. There's no money in this crazy business anyway ;-)