Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-19-2012, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Micro stump grinder?

I own and lawn and landscape business, and have who know how many yard with little 3-8 inch stumps in them that I'm always having to mow around (or forget about and whack mower blades on). I have a buddy with a stump grinding business or I would already be doing it, but I was wondering about a small/cheap way to get rid of little stumps like this that I could make an extra 20-30 bucks on every now and then. What do you think about this little machine? Seems like it would be worth a shot..

Industrial Woodcarver

I might just be able to order the blade and put it on a 4 inch grinder? I figured I would order the blade and try in on my grinder first, and if it doesn't work out just go ahead and order their machine/grinder and have an extra blade already

anyone else have any ideas or alternatives? I had actually looked a little into just buying a Stihl cut-off saw and was wondering if you could get blades that would serve as stump grinding blades for small aps, but didn't find anything (havent looked too hard yet) I could aldo use the Stihl cut-off for landscaping so that would be a double whammy..
Old 05-19-2012, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My Dewalt 18v sawzall with long pointed coarse tooth blades works perfect for that job.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a chainsaw to cut it off, just need to grind it down into the ground... Also what ticks me off is how when most guys grind a stump they leave me a mound of shaving to deal with. You would think somebody would offer a little mor complete service addind topsoil and a little grass seed..