Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-22-2014, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
Ya know, when you stop paying your mortgage it can take a year before they can actually kick you out, and then they will give you 2 grand to leave and take your stuff with you.
Posted via Mobile Device
I would be better off selling the house. Thankfully, I am not upside down on the mortgage.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair View Post
I would like to paint my front door and shutters a nice forest green. (No not John Deere Green ) It isn't allowed on my street. But the street right behind me is allowed to use that same green. My neighbor was forced to trim back a shading bush from his window. The bush was already well maintained. He purposefully trained the bush to grow in front of the window to provide that shade. The bush was entirely on his property with no overhang onto any neighboring properties.

My boss received a nasty letter threatening action from the HOA board if he didn't remove weeds that were too tall from his property. He was awfully confused since he takes great pride in his property. After a lot of back and forth, the HOA representative came out and pointed to his bean plants in his garden. My boss had to point that the bylaws specifically allowed for garden plants on a homeowners property.

Now maybe your HOA is not full of Nazis, but where I am from they are. And the sad thing is that where I am at, you can't throw a stick in the county without hitting a property that has an HOA. And currently I need my full time job to pay the bills and to move out of an HOA area, I would have a very long commute of over an hour. I wouldn't have an issue with HOAs if they stuck to what they were originally designed to handle. The communal areas of the association. But I am very frustrated with their encroachment on property rights of the individual.

/rant
Here you go this guy just got his second warning to fix the lawn. What do you think? He had it sodded 2 years ago. We might get some work from this. I was asked by HOA to look into it since the guy says that isn't his property.
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2014, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

would they actually foreclose on a guy for having a spot of bad grass? thats bull. is the bank really going to hold on to that much property over a few blades of grass?

ya know. privileged men telling other men what to do is the reason they got their guns out and started a war.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like a lot of shade to overcome. Maybe a bed instead? If it ain't his who is paying for the irrigation?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-22-2014, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's the kind of hoa that pisses me off. If you want it fixed you pay for it. Not force the homeowner to pay for something he probably doesn't give a damn about.

Especially when he's just pissing money into the wind with the shade.

Next they'll tell him he needs to take trees out. I had that happen to a fence client of mine. She had 4 trees behind her apartment. Just barely in her property line. They required her to remove them all. They were "ugly"
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-22-2014, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
That's the kind of hoa that pisses me off. If you want it fixed you pay for it. Not force the homeowner to pay for something he probably doesn't give a damn about.

Especially when he's just pissing money into the wind with the shade.

Next they'll tell him he needs to take trees out. I had that happen to a fence client of mine. She had 4 trees behind her apartment. Just barely in her property line. They required her to remove them all. They were "ugly"
Posted via Mobile Device
thats what the F word is for.

i honestly don't think they would actually foreclose on his house over a bit of dirt. i dunno, iv herd of some crazy stuff in FL. tho, wifes dad is nutz himself
Old 08-05-2014, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
you can get approved for a cheap house. save a couple grand for down payment. houses are safe investments, they can always take it from you.

do not, DO NOT. get a house in a home owners association. its worse than Communism. i'm serious. especially in Florida.

my mortgage is 395 a month.

hey. yall might have to give me another day or two on them pictures. took all weekend to chop and stack the wood. still have a bunch of crap out.
Looking forward to the updated pics Bird. Where are they?
Old 08-05-2014, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Can do it when i get.home
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-06-2014, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bird, did you really clean up your lawn, or are you just telling us you did?
Old 08-06-2014, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hrass is planted but havnt had rain. Need to pick grass from the swing set, weeds from garden. And the wood im using to make a box
Posted via Mobile Device