Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Doug Rucker Doug Rucker is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kingwood, Texas
Posts: 89
Pressure Washing Houston Texas

Here is job we did yesterday in Kingwood Texas just north of Houston Texas. Our pressure washing and roof cleaning services take us all over the Houston Texas area.
Attached Images
               
__________________



Doug Rucker 281.883.8470
Clean and Green Solutions

I own an Awesome Pressure Washing Company and Fantastic Roof Cleaning Service Company located in Houston Texas

http://houston.pressurewashing.net/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-19-2012, 10:02 PM
Hansen's Lawn Care Hansen's Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Rucker View Post
Here is job we did yesterday in Kingwood Texas just north of Houston Texas. Our pressure washing and roof cleaning services take us all over the Houston Texas area.
Wow great work! I've thought about adding on pressure washing to my lawn care business services. It sounds like there's a great market for it...any thoughts or advice for me? How do you charge/estimate a house, driveway, deck?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-20-2012, 02:17 PM
Doug Rucker Doug Rucker is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kingwood, Texas
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen's Lawn Care View Post
Wow great work! I've thought about adding on pressure washing to my lawn care business services. It sounds like there's a great market for it...any thoughts or advice for me? How do you charge/estimate a house, driveway, deck?

Thanks
Been doing so long that I can just look at a house or dway or deck and know how long it will take, chems needed, etc and just quote a price. I had a lawn service before too, I found it very difficult to do both PW'ing and Lawn Care. Scheduling was the biggest problem. I am sure others have done it but I jsut found it easier to concentrate on one thing. Just do a lot of rsearch here and other pw'ing forums and let me know if I can help.
__________________



Doug Rucker 281.883.8470
Clean and Green Solutions

I own an Awesome Pressure Washing Company and Fantastic Roof Cleaning Service Company located in Houston Texas

http://houston.pressurewashing.net/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Hansen's Lawn Care Hansen's Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Rucker View Post
Been doing so long that I can just look at a house or dway or deck and know how long it will take, chems needed, etc and just quote a price. I had a lawn service before too, I found it very difficult to do both PW'ing and Lawn Care. Scheduling was the biggest problem. I am sure others have done it but I jsut found it easier to concentrate on one thing. Just do a lot of rsearch here and other pw'ing forums and let me know if I can help.
How long were you in lawn care before you started PW'ing? Do you find it more profitable and easier business to run? What have been the benefits of PW'ing compared to a lawn service?

Thanks for the help and the answers, I appreciate it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Doug Rucker Doug Rucker is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kingwood, Texas
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen's Lawn Care View Post
How long were you in lawn care before you started PW'ing? Do you find it more profitable and easier business to run? What have been the benefits of PW'ing compared to a lawn service?

Thanks for the help and the answers, I appreciate it.
Did it for 4 or 5 years and of course some in high school. Also power washed in high school. I eventually just got to a point that I had to decide which I was gonna do cause trying to do both, just seemed like one was hurting the other. Along would come a big pressure washing job for 500-600 bucks and I'd rearrange the lawn accounts to do it, then end up getting a little behind and frustrate my lawn account customers. Always seemed a Catch 22 type thing.

I eventually decided I could make the same amount Pressure Washing, maybe more, AND not have to work all day. The problem w PW'ing though is you constantly are having to market to get that next customer, (it does slow a little in the winter months here but not to bad,) as opposed to my lawn accounts were paid monthly year round.

I wouldn't say it is any Easier, but I do like not having to have so much equipment and maintenance on so many different items.

I also like the fact that everyday is something different as opposed to going to the same house over and over doing the same thing. In PW'ing it seems every house has it's on little challenges.
__________________



Doug Rucker 281.883.8470
Clean and Green Solutions

I own an Awesome Pressure Washing Company and Fantastic Roof Cleaning Service Company located in Houston Texas

http://houston.pressurewashing.net/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Hansen's Lawn Care Hansen's Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 93
Yeah great thoughts, you made some really good points there too. Well, my situation is I only have 40 accounts, which I can buzz through in 4 days max...so I usually have a day-day in a half to work. I've considered marketing to my current customers for PW'ing, I have one that said he would have me PW his house, which that job alone will pay for most of the washer. To start off I plan on buying one from Northern Tool, a power horse...what are your thoughts on this approach?

Thanks for the help and the info...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Doug Rucker Doug Rucker is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kingwood, Texas
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen's Lawn Care View Post
Yeah great thoughts, you made some really good points there too. Well, my situation is I only have 40 accounts, which I can buzz through in 4 days max...so I usually have a day-day in a half to work. I've considered marketing to my current customers for PW'ing, I have one that said he would have me PW his house, which that job alone will pay for most of the washer. To start off I plan on buying one from Northern Tool, a power horse...what are your thoughts on this approach?

Thanks for the help and the info...
I wouldn't buy that one from Northern Tool, or probably any one from them, HD or Lowes. Sounds like you got a great customer list to get started from, and with an extra day to day and half, you can easily fit some into your schedule. The problem with buying the ones from the Big Box stores is, they are built for home owner use. They are not going to stand up to the regular use you will put it through. You need to look at getting something that is belt drive and a 4 gpm minimum.

If you do go the route of the power horse brand, just know going in it will probably not last longer than a year. By then though, you may have made enough off PW'ing that you can invest in a commercial professional grade unit.
__________________



Doug Rucker 281.883.8470
Clean and Green Solutions

I own an Awesome Pressure Washing Company and Fantastic Roof Cleaning Service Company located in Houston Texas

http://houston.pressurewashing.net/
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Hansen's Lawn Care Hansen's Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Rucker View Post
I wouldn't buy that one from Northern Tool, or probably any one from them, HD or Lowes. Sounds like you got a great customer list to get started from, and with an extra day to day and half, you can easily fit some into your schedule. The problem with buying the ones from the Big Box stores is, they are built for home owner use. They are not going to stand up to the regular use you will put it through. You need to look at getting something that is belt drive and a 4 gpm minimum.

If you do go the route of the power horse brand, just know going in it will probably not last longer than a year. By then though, you may have made enough off PW'ing that you can invest in a commercial professional grade unit.
Yeah that was my concern, big box store usually don't last long in the commercial setting. If I only have 5-10 PW'ing jobs per month could be expecting a lot of those little machines...but like you said, maybe it would justify it if I could save the money and buy a decent commercial line PWer...

I must admit, I'm kind of excited about adding this service. It seems like a no-brainer when I already have a customer list and use direct mailing. What has your success rate been with mailers?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Duekster Duekster is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,971
Just be careful about run off. There is an over zealious PW company down there reporting people for storm water pollution. The story goes, he had a water recovery system but lost the bid on a commerical accoint. He turned in the PM and company. There were criminal charges against them for storm water pollution.

If you are doing houses you are likely ok but you might consider where the storm drains are located too.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Hansen's Lawn Care Hansen's Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
Just be careful about run off. There is an over zealious PW company down there reporting people for storm water pollution. The story goes, he had a water recovery system but lost the bid on a commerical accoint. He turned in the PM and company. There were criminal charges against them for storm water pollution.

If you are doing houses you are likely ok but you might consider where the storm drains are located too.
Okay I'll take that into consideration...thanks for the heads up.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
houston , kingwood , pressure , texas , washing

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:21 PM.

Page generated in 0.08304 seconds with 8 queries