Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-24-2012, 06:58 PM
RAlmaroad RAlmaroad is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SC
Posts: 1,977
Amsoil 030 vs Mobile 1

Was talking with the Scag Dealer about the synthetic oils. He recommended Mobile 1 over Amsoil because of the availability. Seems that Amsoil in this area is scarce or has to be ordered. Any pro choices of one over the other.
Thanks.
__________________
We all are merely gleaners from the masters who were here before us.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-24-2012, 07:17 PM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,363
Both are considered top sythetics. I run mobil 1 because its everywhere. Even wally world which I try to avoid like the plauge!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-24-2012, 07:25 PM
dieselss dieselss is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: highland in
Posts: 478
Look on amsoils website for compareison tests I just order all mine not a big deal get it in 2 days
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Landscape Poet's Avatar
Landscape Poet Landscape Poet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo/Orlando
Posts: 3,453
If you have a independent NAPA auto parts around you they might carry as they do down here, the corporate owned stores do not carry it but the independents do and their products actually offer a significant savings. I just switched my truck over to Amsoil OEM 5W-30 from mobil one as I never waited for the extended miles to change as I still believe in every 3K but wanted a quality oil. Amsoil in this instance cost me roughly $5.50 a quart vs $8 something for Mobil.
__________________
"the art of survival is a story that never ends"

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,422
Go to Amsoil's site and do a dealer search for your area. You may be suprised at how many private individuals very close to you are Amsoil dealers. I know I was. I have also found a nearby auto parts store that carries it for a very good price.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-24-2012, 08:31 PM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
If you have a independent NAPA auto parts around you they might carry as they do down here, the corporate owned stores do not carry it but the independents do and their products actually offer a significant savings. I just switched my truck over to Amsoil OEM 5W-30 from mobil one as I never waited for the extended miles to change as I still believe in every 3K but wanted a quality oil. Amsoil in this instance cost me roughly $5.50 a quart vs $8 something for Mobil.
mike

not sure if you have a costco card, but they carry M1 and run a coupon sometimes for $9 off a 6-pack. IT comes out to 4.5 or so per quart....

I run Amsoil in my Tundra and M1 in the mowers.....I get the Amsoil from an independent dealer on here....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-24-2012, 08:33 PM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,043
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...15%2C000+miles
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-24-2012, 08:48 PM
Landscape Poet's Avatar
Landscape Poet Landscape Poet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo/Orlando
Posts: 3,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
Good to see Chris, I currently am a Sam's member but hearing more and more good things about Costco making me want to switch but it is not nearly as close.

Where did you you get the test done? I am interested in the possibility of this.
__________________
"the art of survival is a story that never ends"

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Good to see Chris, I currently am a Sam's member but hearing more and more good things about Costco making me want to switch but it is not nearly as close.

Where did you you get the test done? I am interested in the possibility of this.
Blackstone Labs. It's $25 per sample or $35 if you want them to show the TBN. TBN shows how much additive is left in the oil you are currently getting sampled which tells if you can run longer intervals or not. I basically will be doing 1 change per year in the Tundra which is nice.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Landscape Poet's Avatar
Landscape Poet Landscape Poet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo/Orlando
Posts: 3,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
Blackstone Labs. It's $25 per sample or $35 if you want them to show the TBN. TBN shows how much additive is left in the oil you are currently getting sampled which tells if you can run longer intervals or not. I basically will be doing 1 change per year in the Tundra which is nice.
Thanks for the info - just sent off for two kits. One for the vehicle and one for the main mower. I have a feeling on each, especially the vehicle I CAN go longer as I change every 3k, but would like to KNOW for sure.
__________________
"the art of survival is a story that never ends"

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:03 AM.

Page generated in 0.08213 seconds with 7 queries