Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-30-2012, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelawnman View Post
I m same age as you. Go with scag but my 36 dont fit in gates so maybe look for a 32 scag.
I would DEF back that! Scag is an excellent brand (just my opinion) Thing is I have a Snapper Pro Express 36" (used) and it fits thru your standard gate without a problem...wonder if the Scag 36" is wider on the outter edges and I live north of you in Central NJ.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Member

+1 for a 32. I have a 33inch Billy goat. It is between residential and full on commercial. It works perfect for my 16 lawns + few randoms and plus family houses. I do 400+ a year. There is a new company called world lawn cheaper then scag but built in america and look fantastic. My lawn shop has them and I got to try them out and they are cheaper but still look and feel tough
Old 05-31-2012, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Go with the scag that's the first mower I started out with commercially and all we use now, their built the toughest and won't let you down.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank's_Landscaping View Post
Go with the scag that's the first mower I started out with commercially and all we use now, their built the toughest and won't let you down.
What's your take on Husqvarna? I hear they are pretty badass and a major player for one of the best.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Member

my 33" Troybilt was $500 with foam filled tires. It doesn't stripe that dark but they last. Its easy to work on, easy to get parts for, big enough to be efficient and small enough to load easily in my truck.

Theres several brands that make the same mower, cub cadet, troy bilt, MTD etc.
cub cadet 21" WB
cub cadet 4 stroke trimmer
roto-tiller attachment
brush cutter attachment
stihl hand held blower
mccullah chain saw
various handtools
Old 06-04-2012, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would recommend to start watchin craigslist now, cuz a deal may pop up that u can't pass up. Only buy right now if u find an awesome deal. If u start watchin now it will also give u an idea of what the different mowers r going for, so when u r ready to purchase u know abt what ur gonna pay.

Old Toro ProLine is a good walkbehind that I use. 2 seasons ago when i started i got 36" Toro ProLine for $625 with bagger. This is my 3rd season & just upgraded to 44" Toro ProLine for $700 without bagger. Bagger I have fits both. Also picked up a 44" for parts $100 (deck was rusted out & motor was shot). I have 25 clients & only 1 has fenced backyard & my 44" fits with 6 inches to spare. But still have the 36" for backup or if i get a gate that 44" won't fit through.

Good luck!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-14-2012, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Do you guys think that it would be better investment if I bought a new Honda 21" instead of a used 36" or 32". The deck on my 21" Toro is rusting and I don't think it is going to last much longer. I also got a contract in the wealthy part of town with large lots. So that might change the decision... Anyways, Thanks!
Old 06-14-2012, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Again get a timemaster. $995.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozyHollow View Post
What's your take on Husqvarna? I hear they are pretty badass and a major player for one of the best.
That's one brand I've honestly never used and talking with others certain husqvarna products seem to be good but my personal experience with most other brands around me leads me to prefer scag and stihl products
Old 06-14-2012, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by willretire@40 View Post
Get a timemaster for now. I have cut 40 lawns with mine in the last two weeks with no problems.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have heard lots of complaints about the cut quality of the Timemasters and someone put up some pictures and it was clear what they were talking about...the cut quality was horrible with their machine. Are you having trouble with your cut quality? What kind of grass are you cutting with it and at what height?

Tags
17 years old , lawncare , scag , starting buisness