Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-29-2012, 02:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS View Post
Looks good! Take more pics...under seat, dashboard, under deck, height gauge wheel.

Gravely's site is horrendous for pictures.

Don't care much for the guillotine OCDC.

Not sure I like the square shouldered rear tires.

Is the ROPS unboltable?

Best of luck with it man!
Here some more pics.
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2012, 02:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like four bolts and the ROPs can be removed. Tried to take a couple pics showing the ROPs height in the folded down position in relationship to the seat back height and width wise with the fuel tanks.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like four bolts and the ROPs can be removed. Tried to take a couple pics showing the ROPs height in the folded down position in relationship to the seat back height and width wise with the fuel tanks.
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2012, 02:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

13.4 gallons of total fuel.

Not so sure about the choice of rubber flap for the stripe kit. Had to cut it down per instructions for my size deck and it is quite tough. Feels like it has wire or plastic type strands in it when cutting but it is quite thin. I would think a thicker conveyor belt type rubber would be more effective and possibly last longer.
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2012, 08:28 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

In the picture taken from underneath looking at the bottom of the clutch....what are the two springs for?

And is the ZT-5400 the two speed transmission used in the Cheetah?
2006 Hustler SuperZ 28EFI 60" Power Chute Design OCDC SOLD!
Perma-green Magnum
1996 48" SCAG Belt WB 14hp Kawasaki Classic Deck
Echo 2 strokes PB-755 & SRM 280
Eastman WM20H 20" Commercial Push mower (NEW for 2013)
Commercial Lawnboy trim mower 3-FOR SALE!http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424203
Solo since 1980
Old 05-29-2012, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed the 460 about a week ago. There were some things I liked and some things I hated about it. Keep in mind im comparing this to my scags with the velocity deck.

the ride was SICK!!!!! They knocked that out of the park with that air seat. By far and away the best seat Ive ever had the opportunity to try out. I honestly really thought the seats on my scags (suspension) were pretty good till I tried this.

It was pretty fast, and cut was pretty good for as fast as it was..........

That was about it for the "likes"

Im pretty short at 5ft6". to put the foot pedal up was not nearly as simple as the scag. I had to scoot my but down the seat to get the deck to transport. I was told that there was an adjustment that could be made to the pedal by the dealer when I took it back.

IMO opinion, I felt like I was sitting up on a telephone pole mowing. If you don't have to go around trees then no prob but I can tell you that with this mower there are several trees that I couldnt get under with this mower. Your sitting A LOT lower on the scag cat and I already am tearing my head off under some of the trees on the cat so lots more trimming. For some reason in this area I have lots of customers with crab apple trees and if you have caught you mellon on one of those trees you know what Im talking about. Like running into a barb wired tree! LOL So the lower I am sitting over all on a mower the better.

This is all info only based on the mowing that I do. Im not saying scag is better so don't think Im putting down this mower because I would own one under other circumstances.

Oh and another plus I liked was fuel capacity. Held a lot more than the cats. It may have burned more than my 27 koehlers though with being a ????? I think it was a kaw 31 or something. It was powerful.

I took this mower to the nastiest yard I mow (very thick) and the dispersal was good but still wasnt as good as the velocity. I wish I could have taken pictures but I just never thought about it. With that being said It was a lot better cut than the other brands of mowers Ive mowed with such as toro, exmark, and bobcat.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS View Post
In the picture taken from underneath looking at the bottom of the clutch....what are the two springs for?

And is the ZT-5400 the two speed transmission used in the Cheetah?
Sure enough! I can't believe I didn't catch that. Also same two speed used in the PZ6034FXZT Husqvarna. I have no idea if the two speed option is on these pumps and just not used. They claim 13 mph and it seemed close by seat of the pants when I demoed. Still haven't opened mine up all the way due to brake in.

I believe the springs are returns for linkage but I'll need to check closer to be sure.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowcrazy View Post
I demoed the 460 about a week ago. There were some things I liked and some things I hated about it. Keep in mind im comparing this to my scags with the velocity deck.

the ride was SICK!!!!! They knocked that out of the park with that air seat. By far and away the best seat Ive ever had the opportunity to try out. I honestly really thought the seats on my scags (suspension) were pretty good till I tried this.

It was pretty fast, and cut was pretty good for as fast as it was..........

That was about it for the "likes"

Im pretty short at 5ft6". to put the foot pedal up was not nearly as simple as the scag. I had to scoot my but down the seat to get the deck to transport. I was told that there was an adjustment that could be made to the pedal by the dealer when I took it back.

IMO opinion, I felt like I was sitting up on a telephone pole mowing. If you don't have to go around trees then no prob but I can tell you that with this mower there are several trees that I couldnt get under with this mower. Your sitting A LOT lower on the scag cat and I already am tearing my head off under some of the trees on the cat so lots more trimming. For some reason in this area I have lots of customers with crab apple trees and if you have caught you mellon on one of those trees you know what Im talking about. Like running into a barb wired tree! LOL So the lower I am sitting over all on a mower the better.

This is all info only based on the mowing that I do. Im not saying scag is better so don't think Im putting down this mower because I would own one under other circumstances.

Oh and another plus I liked was fuel capacity. Held a lot more than the cats. It may have burned more than my 27 koehlers though with being a ????? I think it was a kaw 31 or something. It was powerful.

I took this mower to the nastiest yard I mow (very thick) and the dispersal was good but still wasnt as good as the velocity. I wish I could have taken pictures but I just never thought about it. With that being said It was a lot better cut than the other brands of mowers Ive mowed with such as toro, exmark, and bobcat.
It's been a long time (13 plus yrs) since I have been on a TT so I can't honestly comment on the difference accurately. But I thought my SZs were one of the lowest COG on the market. The 460 is taller by a little than the SZ and after using SZs for so many years it does seem like the world and will take some getting use to but if you look at my pics farther back in the thread with the SZ and 460 on my trailer you can see it's not a hole lot taller. One of my biggest issues is going to be just getting use to a different mower than the SZs I've been running 12 years. No matter what brand it's going to be an adjustment. Some take less adjustment. Others...
Old 05-29-2012, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I hear ya. Our older SuperZ's were an almost perfect design.

The new SuperZ improves on all of the previous versions deficiencies, but then creates a whole bunch more (IMO).

I still can't believe they (Hustler) can't nail down a perfect deck that cuts northern grass at 3.5".
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-29-2012, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

TLS, Don't know if I already told you but I have family in New Holland and Telford PA. Erbs, Moyers, and Derstines. German/Swiss if you couldn't guess.