Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-06-2012, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebletlawns View Post
Trimmers don't *spin*
Posted via Mobile Device
The TrimmerTrap will end up twisting up the hand grips on your string trimmers. Buy extra springs now because they will wear our about once a year. In the time it takes to get one trimmer out of the TrimmerTrap you can get several out of the Extreme Series.

The TrimmerTrap is OK but the Extreme series is light years ahead of it. Once you've owned both like I have you'll know what I'm talking about.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 06-06-2012, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't know about the trimmer handles twisting because the top pinches it in place so it can't/won't spin and it literally takes less than 3 seconds to unload a trimmer. Walk up, lift, remove. If you can really get out several in less than 3 seconds I would like to know what you are eating for breakfast because I need some. from the videos it looks like it is a 3 or 4 step process top remove a trimmer from the extreme racks. Do you have to latch the extreme rack or do the automatically latch like the trimmer trap does.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-06-2012, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebletlawns View Post
I don't know about the trimmer handles twisting because the top pinches it in place so it can't/won't spin and it literally takes less than 3 seconds to unload a trimmer. Walk up, lift, remove. If you can really get out several in less than 3 seconds I would like to know what you are eating for breakfast because I need some. from the videos it looks like it is a 3 or 4 step process top remove a trimmer from the extreme racks. Do you have to latch the extreme rack or do the automatically latch like the trimmer trap does.
Posted via Mobile Device
Like I said I've owned both and speak from experience. I'm not speculating about anything. Unless you've locked the rack all you have to do is push one lever/button and out it comes. You can actually remove or replace a trimmer with one hand if you wanted to.

Pulling the knob out, sliding up the guillotine, pulling out the power head, then lowering it down at an angle to get the other end free gets old fast. With the Extreme Series the trimmers go straight in and straight out with pretty much a quick touch of a button/lever.

I wish I had know how much better the Extreme Series was years ago so I wouldn't have wasted years messing with the archaic Trimmer Trap to begin with. I challenge you to find even a single person like myself who has owned both who likes the clunky TrimmerTrap better.

Green Touch also makes a nice spool holder with built in line cutter that is better then the TrimmerTrap version. The other Green Touch products I'm not a fan of at all.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old 06-06-2012, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Member

That's fine, I love my trimmer trap and look forward to many years of use from them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-08-2012, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Does anyone know the lawn site discount code for the xtreme trimmer rack? Going to order mine tonight if I can.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-11-2012, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Member

I use Buyers racks and have no complaints! Just my opinion though
Old 06-11-2012, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwlawns View Post
I use Buyers racks and have no complaints! Just my opinion though
Try the Extreme and you'll be amazed at how much easier and faster it is to use. Time is money and if your using another rack your wasting money. The Extreme is the only rack that does not clamp of the hand grip and twist it. Green Touch goes to many of the trade shows and you can see their rack for your self.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just ordered a Trinity Iron Images 3 position trimmer rack. I looked at the Green Touch ones, and after weighing the pro's and con's, I decided on the Trinity one. $137 shipped compared to $2xx for the Xtreme was a big part of it. As for the ease and speed of use, I have no doubt that the Xtreme is a little bit quicker. However, I have 14 accounts and only do 4-5 a day max. Sometimes only a couple because it's a part-time side business (I'm a firefighter/paramedic). If I did this full-time as my sole income, then I probably would have gone with the Xtreme. But I feel that the Trinity will suit me well for what I do.

Thanks for all the input! I hope this info will be helpful to others, as well.
18x8 flat bed w/custom removable gates and racks
2006 Great Dane Surfer 19/52
2002 eXmark Viking 36 hydro
2008 Hustler FasTrak Mini 17/36
eXmark Metro 26
2011 Honda HRC216HXA
Shindaiwa T242
Echo SRM-230
RedMax BCZ2450T
Shindaiwa Multi-tool
Shindaiwa EB802RT
Echo PB-755ST
Echo PB-210LE
Stihl HS45 Hedge Trimmer
Echo CS-400
Ryan LA28 Aerator FOR SALE

AMSoil Dealer
Old 06-12-2012, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
Try the Extreme and you'll be amazed at how much easier and faster it is to use. Time is money and if your using another rack your wasting money. The Extreme is the only rack that does not clamp of the hand grip and twist it. Green Touch goes to many of the trade shows and you can see their rack for your self.
I dont see how that is possible since my trimmers dont spin! So as for twisting the grips, I dont see how the extreme is the ONLY rack that does not do this
Old 06-12-2012, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwlawns View Post
I dont see how that is possible since my trimmers dont spin! So as for twisting the grips, I dont see how the extreme is the ONLY rack that does not do this
Most all rack hold onto the shaft and they pinch on the grip as the other contact point. TrimmerTrap claimed the grips would not spin but they still did. Most all racks use a grip clamp to secure the trimmers. If you have you trimmer mounted on the front of the trailer the problem is even worse because as the trailer speed up and slows down the inertia causes the trimmers to rotate back and forth a little.

The Extreme rack uses the blocks on the shaft to fully secure the trimmers with out even touching the grips. I didn't buy the Extreme rack the first go round because I thought my guys would complain about the blocks on the shafts. The second go round I bought the Extreme and realized it is light years better then all the other archaic rack designs.

If your like me and have a three man crew with two guys doing the string trimming the time savings can add up. Lets say at each stop I save even 30 second. I take that that 30 seconds X about 65 clients X 35 mows per year. That's about 19 hours a year less my guys are getting paid OT to work. Once I factor in taxes and all my overhead expenses the Extreme easily saved me $380 a year. That time really adds up over the course of a year.

A lot of people do not analyze all the small amounts of time they are wasting. If your business minded wasted time should be an obvious problem but I think many guys on here are not and run wasteful inefficient business's. Many guys just want to cut grass and the high point of their day is taking pictures of a striped lawn.

Blower racks, securing mowers, hedge trimmers, gas cans and so on are all things I have stream lined to save hundreds of man hours a year. Way too many people think things are good enough because they do not realize the money they are flushing down the toilet every day.

Those cheap racks many guys think are a bargain are actually cost you more money in the long run. If your solo wasted time is less of an issue but it is still time that could be spent being more productive.

I think the Extreme rack is kind of like the Magnamatic. Guys who have never used it think their way is just as good or good enough. But once you have actually owned one you speak from experience instead of speculation and realize how much that ignorance has cost you over the years. I wasted several years using my TrimmerTrap before I came to me senses.