Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-16-2013, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneysLawnCare View Post
Sorry guys about the single picture at a time, its all my slow internet will allow.... I guess its the price I pay living out in the country.
Why are there rocks on the edge of the driveway?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-29-2015, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSLM&LS View Post
Why are there rocks on the edge of the driveway?
Posted via Mobile Device
Sorry for the terribly long response! Semi Trucks like to destroy the lawn on the property otherwise!
Old 03-29-2015, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Well I am making it a goal to get on here much more often to kick off the 2015 season! Since I originally posted back in 2012 we have grown a lot. We are no longer Shaney's Lawn Care & Landscaping LLC, we have become Shaney's Group, Inc. with this change many new things are coming. There are Shaney's Snow & Ice Management, Shaney's Maintenance , Shaney's Hardscapes, Shaney's Landscape, and Shaney's Pond & Excavating these are all divisions under neither the group. So far the Maintenance, Landscape, and Hardscape all have full crews with room for two more in the Landscape division they do all the new lawns installations and mulch/stone bed/planting new/renovation jobs. We have been adding trucks and currently have 6 for summer use.
I will be getting pictures up and be keeping everyone posted on projects and maintenance for the 2015 season!
Thanks
Brian
Old 03-29-2015, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Just a few pictures of our 2014 season with the large half circle outcropping wall the first of 2015 expect a lot more to come!
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2015, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Member

The walls are done, now its time for the patio and fire pit if it would ever dry up. Then we will clean up regrade and get the heck out!!
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2015, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Member

We have had a very busy spring/summer start and very wet! More to come.
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2015, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Member

We are not done with this project, we are waiting for a second transformer and more custom FX Luminaire ZDC lights and then we have to finish a few more spots the home owners keep adding!
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2015, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The amount of growth you have had is insane! Awesome work! Did you start out all the crews or did you have guys specialized in a single field start the crew?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-08-2015, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Member

When I decided to expand, and start crews I decided to find one person that specialized in that specific field and then had them tell me what they wanted for crew members under them. From there the search started, it was very hectic, not accomplishing much at first and not trusting my crew members was a huge issue. We have now settled in found all amazing guys some have come from other companies because I am willing to pay higher wages I start everyone out at 11.50 with a 60 probation that jumps up to 13.00 after 60 days. We are slowly and surly becoming an elite company in my test market region for my real goals and market area. We will most likely stay in our test market for about another year before we expand farther. But this also depends on another division of Shaney's Group, Inc. if and how well it expands for itself before we base our true pride and joy on it.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneysLawnCare View Post
When I decided to expand, and start crews I decided to find one person that specialized in that specific field and then had them tell me what they wanted for crew members under them. From there the search started, it was very hectic, not accomplishing much at first and not trusting my crew members was a huge issue. We have now settled in found all amazing guys some have come from other companies because I am willing to pay higher wages I start everyone out at 11.50 with a 60 probation that jumps up to 13.00 after 60 days. We are slowly and surly becoming an elite company in my test market region for my real goals and market area. We will most likely stay in our test market for about another year before we expand farther. But this also depends on another division of Shaney's Group, Inc. if and how well it expands for itself before we base our true pride and joy on it.
That is just amazing, good for you! A lot of respect I know for a fact being a business owner isn't easy let alone being a SUCCESSFUL one. Then you plan on expanding into another market! You just make me smile and give me hope. I'll make sure to pm you if I have any questions hahah.
Posted via Mobile Device