Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-13-2008, 10:17 AM
LawnSite Member

biogreen

Has anyone heard of biogreen or have any experience with their product? They are new to our area and we want to make sure the product works before we jump into it feet first.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Are you talking about this company?

http://www.biogreenorganics.com/

I'm in Minneapolis and I have not head of them, but that does not say much, since I'm sure many people have not heard of my company.

A quick 20 second look at that website looks OK. They know about and apply compost tea and mycorrhizal fungi (even though they spell it wrong in a few places ) which is a good thing
However they mention they use organic corn gluten which is questionable, (there is currently only one company in the world that sells OMRI certified corn gluten and sometimes they do not have it in stock) All this means is that they may be using the same thing that 99.99999....% of everyone else is using, corn gluten from GMO corn plants. In their defense they do not say certified organic, just organic so that's a plus in the trust dept.

At first glance it looks like they know what they are doing. Which is saying ALOT, most natural/organic companies statements are glaring with untruths easy to find in 2 secs.

Give them a try and ask a lot of questions.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Member

re:biogreen

http://www.biogreen.com/

They are new to MN this year. They have been in NE, NV, AZ, and FL. I've met with the local guys. They are brand new distributors and I can tell they are just repeating what someone else told them. Being brand new to the organic game I don't know much about it. I'd like to find someone who has used their product to see if their claims are true.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I think its great these service companies are sprouting up all over the place.
It not only has a feel good message but fertilizer inputs are reduced by a huge amount. Excellent

I wonder how much the franchise fee is though $75,000? $200,000?

I do agree with the OMRI CGM statement though. There is no way to separate out the genetically modified corn from the non GMO corn. They are all put together. It has penetrated to all levels of corn distribution

www.purelyorganiclawncare.com
www.safelawns.net
Old 03-19-2008, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Since people have brought up the whole GMO thing recently, I want to throw out something to think about.

When using CGM as an organic amendment for landscapes, does it really matter if it is GMO or not?
Old 03-19-2008, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Obviously not

UNLESS you are certifying your farm or produce as "Organic" then you are not allowed too. Also NOFA, and I am sure others, follow the same guidelines for lawn and landscape.

I do not think that it will harm the soil, just some organization choose to not support the industry. NOFA also recommends not using mined products like peat moss. will it hurt the soil? NO they choose to not support the industry because of the belief that it is not sustainable

sustainable, I have heard those words somewhere else (Kiril???)

Last edited by ICT Bill; 03-19-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICT Bill View Post
I do not think that it will harm the soil, just some organization choose to not support the industry. NOFA also recommends not using mined products like peat moss. will it hurt the soil? NO they choose to not support the industry because of the belief that it is not sustainable
So it is really an issue of sustainability rather than an issue of "organics".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICT Bill View Post
sustainable, I have heard those words somewhere else (Kiril???)
Funny you mention this because when I posted that, I originally had added that using CGM is not a sustainable practice, then deleted as I deemed it not relevant to the question put forth.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Member

BioGreen Update

Any new info/experience about the BioGreen company. I'm thinking about becoming a local applicator but want to know if its a good product... especially for southern turf.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Member

BIOGREEN update

WimLawn-
Your best bet is to use the distributor locator on the BIOGREEN website and contact some of the companies down south that are listed. Because the products are sold through the licensee network, you'll get firsthand product experience from any of those guys. Where are you located?
Old 09-12-2012, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioGreenUSA View Post
WimLawn-
Your best bet is to use the distributor locator on the BIOGREEN website and contact some of the companies down south that are listed. Because the products are sold through the licensee network, you'll get firsthand product experience from any of those guys. Where are you located?
Ok thanks! I'm in Wimberley. I need a go-to solution for lawn fertilization and weed control. I have lots of existing customers who I think would be interested. Many of them are high-end homes. I don't like using synthetic products that are bad for lawns and people in the long run, especially since many of these properties are on rivers or over aquifers.
Posted via Mobile Device