Nice ride, Darryl. Good Luck with her!
Old 12-27-2002, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good looking ride. I have a 1994 Chev Wt1500. Glad to see the

wt trim package is back. Ed
Old 12-27-2002, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

darryl,
Great looking truck! I love the Arrival Blue. It's really nice to see a base model truck for a change. A lot of the dealers around here like to stock loaded out pickups with every option. Not everyone can afford that, and not everyone wants it. Luckily last year when i was looking i found a base model 2002 K1500 4x4 5 spd with the manual transfer case in the Victory Red color. I love my truck, and i hope you get great service out of your new one as well. Best of luck.

Tim
Old 12-28-2002, 01:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for all the compliments guys.

Pottstim - I know what you mean about all the trucks on the lots being loaded, and I prefer the manual transfer case too. Good luck trying to find a stick shift though. The only one I saw was a Ford SD with a 6sp stick, and I probably looked at a couple hundred trucks.

Luckily the Chevy dealers around me have figured out that there is a work truck market and stock base model trucks with all the mechanical upgrades. However, they tend to NOT add the plow prep package, the locking rear diff. and cab lights to the loaded models. Given a choice, I'd rather have the plow prep package and locking rear than power windows and door locks.

Chevy equips the base model pretty well, just no electrical convience features like heated mirrors, rear window defogger, elect. door locks and windows, cruise control, climate control. For a work truck, I can deal with it as long as it's got AC and an FM radio. The rubber tub floor is a must for me, especially when plowing.
Old 12-28-2002, 08:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats on the new truck Darryl. That is a very sharp looking truck.

Randy
Old 12-28-2002, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Absolutely awesome truck Darryl!
There are no stupid questions... they're just the easiest to answer.

Old 12-28-2002, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Darryl,
Yeah i know exactly what you mean about it being hard to find a manual. I had been to the 3 big Chevy dealers in knoxville and neither of them had a 5 spd truck like i wanted....all were automatic. They said no one wants them, so we rarely if ever stock them. I tried to deal with my hometown dealer on an automatic K-1500 Base, but he wouldn't give me what i wanted on trade..nor would he budge on sticker price. So, i went up to the chevy lot in morristown, and they had my truck there. They made me a deal, and it was pretty close to what i wanted. The sales mgr told me to take the truck home that night and drive it as much as i wanted and think the deal over. He said if you don't like it or don't like the deal there will be no questions asked...you can be on your way. Needless to say, i took the evening to think about it, and drove in there the next morning and signed the papers. They wouldn't come down anymore on price, but i did get them to throw in a set of the molded chevy splash guards installed for nothing. My truck is equipped like this: 4.3 V6, NV3500 5spd trans., Air Cond., Manual transfer case, Base trim pkg., cruise control, pwr locks, carpet, chrome grille, bumpers and wheels. Sticker price on it was $21,870. I like the victory red, but i wish they had the arrival blue in 2002. You got yourself one nice truck!

Tim
Old 12-28-2002, 04:59 PM

Location: PRETTY SOON BETWEEN PALERMO AND AYRSHIRE BUT RIGHT NOW SWEET HOME CHICAGO
Keep buying those chevy's and gmc's it pays my pension
Old 12-28-2002, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

and ticks brickman off....