Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-28-2002, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

mdb landscaping- " and ticks brickman off.... "

yeah i was just thinking the same thing.LOL I think it's great he hasn't loused up a good thread with his Ford is #1 BS. That stuff gets kind of old, especially all the sarcasm. I just don't go for that.
Old 12-28-2002, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, especially since everyone knows Dodge is #1!!
J/K - but couldn't resist.

Randy
Old 12-28-2002, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

LOL@ Randy....i don't have any problem with your post, you're cool. I just get tired of seeing a certain person dissing other people's trucks that are not Fords. Some people just think everything they own is better than the next guy's stuff. To each his own, but some comments are better kept to yourself.
Old 12-28-2002, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually I can think of 3 guys that have pretty stong opinions on Fords. 2 of them are actually pretty cool, they just have a strong bias, which is ok. The 3rd, which doesn't post quite as often, is just plain foolish. He thinks any truck other than Ford isn't really a truck. And Brickman actually helped me out recently with a little advice. Which I guess means I now have to come clean now. I actually just bought a Ford Powerstroke ! Now if I can just find a nice clean Chevy, I'll be playing all sides

Randy
Old 12-29-2002, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Member

If I couldn't buy a Ford it would be a Chebby I used to work for the local highways dept contractor and all their p/u's are Chevs and they get the crap beat right out of them and still come back for more.

A friend of mine used todo P+D work with a older 3500 and he put some extreme loads (8000-9000lbs) on that old truck sure he didn't have enough braking power but otherwise the truck handled it fine. The only drawback about the Chevy 4x4s is the IFS isn't all that good it works good for highway use truck that need extra snow traction or used on mild off road conditions.

Chevs gotta be good you see lots of them on the road as work trucks (Tow truck Ambulance Cube van Flatdeck Fire rescue) they used tobe used quite a bit in the bush but when Chevy took away monobeam axles in the 4x4s it hurt them. Highways depts use Chevys just as much as Fords its almost 50/50 from 1/4 tons to 1.5 tons like 450s and 3500HDs.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

havent decided whether i like the new design better than the old

but then again i never disliked the avalanche, so the resemblence is less offensive to me.

and as darryl says, give me anything that beefs up the truck over power accesories.

they call these "landscaper specials" around here. we bought one recently that had everything EXCEPT a hitch...go try figure that out.

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 12-31-2002, 01:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well I firmed up the feel of the truck a bit. The dealer had 44 pounds in the front tires and 34 in the rear. I took them up to 60 front and 70 rear and like the handling better.

Sure does burn some fuel though. Filled it for the first time today. It took 16 gallons after about 150 miles of around town driving with no load. That's almost as bad as my 85.
Old 12-31-2002, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Member

What about this?
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2002, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Daryl,

Congratulations on your beautiful new truck. It's awesome!

I am in the market for one myself but can't decide between a 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton. The 3/4 ton is definitely way more powerful but I don't use the truck that much for work and the fuel consumption on that big 6.0L V8 is pushing me away from the 3/4 and down to a 1/2 ton. What's your fuel economy on that engine?

From my research, the 3/4 ton will consume approx. $300 to $400 (U.S. dollars) more fuel than a 1/2 ton with a small V8. That's for regular driving with no loads/trailers. The Isuzu diesel would be even with a 1/2 ton, in terms of fuel economy.
Old 12-31-2002, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Darryl, from the looks of it, I can only see one thing wrong with your new truck.

It's too clean!!!