Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-29-2013, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I picked up another WB (Scag 36") from the New Germany auction a couple weeks ago, I'm holding off until later in the summer before fall clean ups to buy a a ZTR & I buy an enclosed (late spring) so I have somewhere for everything to go.

Met witg my graphics guy today and he has some plans in place for my truck, a couple tweaks and then theyll be installed this week, it'll be looking sweet!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-29-2013, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
I picked up another WB (Scag 36") from the New Germany auction a couple weeks ago, I'm holding off until later in the summer before fall clean ups to buy a a ZTR & I buy an enclosed (late spring) so I have somewhere for everything to go.

Met witg my graphics guy today and he has some plans in place for my truck, a couple tweaks and then theyll be installed this week, it'll be looking sweet!
Posted via Mobile Device
I was at that one and brought home a plow to make into a skid loader plow and some other misc stuff. Going to the one in the morning to see what I can get my hands on or anything that goes for a good deal.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What time does it start? If I could sell my Viking WB I'd buy a ztr.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-08-2013, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like there is a potential for snow starting tmrw night and through Thursday. My truck is at my dad's friend's house/shop getting oil cooler lines and some other things fixed, I figured this would be a good time to do it, the transition period! And my plow has been at my grandparent's house 30 miles away for a couple weeks now, this storm is an inconvenience for sure.

But I've decided to keep my Viking and install the ECS controls kit replacing the pistols, got it almost all the way installed yesterday, just had to pick up some spacers and I'll finish the rest of it this week and waiting on a new recoil for it which should arrive tmrw or Wed. Also mounted the dethatch rake and awaiting arrival of a dethatch rake mount for my Scag also. Ordered a bagger from grasspacker.com with an extra mount kit (1 for each mower) and replacement closing strap, installed the GoSlide too. Ordered Fastraps from trailerracks.com today too. Very excited to get everything on and ready and then once the snow we're supposed to get melts, sending out the rest of my advertising!

Shot of my Scag a few days after buying it.
2014 Diamond Cargo 8.5' x 20' Enclosed Trailer - Fully Loaded Interior
Exmark Lazer Z X-Series 52" w/ Ultravac
Exmark TTHP 36"

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.

If youíre born poor, itís not your mistake. But if you die poor, it is your mistake.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I finally had graphics installed last Friday.

We've had two snow storms in the last week. Last Thur we rec'd about 4-5" of very wet & heavy snow. That was nothing compared to the 11" we rec'd yesterday through this morning. While the big snowfalls are good and [mostly] easy money, I'd rather have it be warm out, I have landscape & irri installs plus all maintenance waiting to get started and I don't want to wear out my truck's front any more with plowing! Plus with all the installs lined up I'll be able to buy a brand new dirtbike and with 3 weeks now of outdoor racing canceled, our season is getting shorter and shorter!!

Some pics.

Last night. Comm property

Resi - since the ground isn't really frozen anymore a lot of turf was tore up these past two storms which sucks!!

After a long wait, Supercross was finally here last weekend, witnessed the best racing all year. Ryan Dungey (hometown racer from Belle Plaine, MN) battled with Ryan Villopoto to take the main event win with everyone in the crowd (just under 49,000 fans) screaming and on their feet, me included, almost lost my voice and spent about $50 on beer at the Dome but it was an awesome night.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V6UZ9b2VVQ A link to the tv broadcast of the battle, never have I heard a crowd that loud during a broadcast of a race, never. It was unreal how loud the crowd was for that entire race, louder than the bikes and certainly louder than the sh!tty a$$ Vikings sucking it up like they usually do.

We definitely should have had seats in the lower level but for w/e reason my buddy's dad (had a group of 7, a couple buddy's and their dads and my dad, brother, and I) bought in a low row, upper deck to be able to see everything.

During opening ceremonies, it still light out so the inside wasn't exactly dark.

As you can see the stadium is almost full.

Had lots of guys from MN racing that night as well as other races in the series also. #297 is Dalton Carlson (he's not in the picture, just his bike), I grew up riding and racing with him (lives about 5 mi from me), he's an incredible rider but has had some bad luck this year. He just missed the main event by 3 spots in the LCQ but that is still an incredible feat as 99.9% of people couldn't even make a lap on a supercross track.

Shot of James Stewart in practice.

Ryan Dungey off one of the triples in practice.

Vid of James Stewart in practice, crappy quality as it's from my phone.

Seeing races in person makes me want to ride more than ever and one of the tracks about 35 mi north of me (9 mi west of Cambridge) pushed the 11-12" of snow off their track and is having practice tmrw but I don't wanna spend any money on riding until I buy a new bike.
Exmark TTHP 36"

23 Years Old

If youíre born poor, itís not your mistake. But if you die poor, it is your mistake.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Finally temps have rose and it's somewhat warm out. Low 50s today with 70s starting tmrw through Tues and then another cooldown unfortunately. I got the dethatch rake mount on my scag, got it adjusted and set up on the Scag and tested it out on my own lawn, hoping to get pre-em apps, clean ups/dethatching, & aerations started at the middle of next week, then get at the list of irri & landscape installs before the grass starts growing, only about a month behind from last year!!
Exmark TTHP 36"

23 Years Old

Old 05-18-2013, 01:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Been a while since I've been on here. Spring is in full swing now, even had a day in the upper 90s which absolutely killed me. I love the heat but was not acclimated to it yet. Been crazy busy for the last two weeks, tomorrow will be the first day that I won't be doing any work in the field and not because I ran out of work to do! I need to catch up on getting quotes to clients!!! And I want a break! Lol, and heading to the Twins game tmrw night, going to enjoy several beers & cocktails! I also officially graduated from college last night, pretty excited! Time to celebrate a little bit.

I have tons of pics on the way, here are some recent ones. Started a decent size lawn & landscape removal w/ lawn & landscape installation w/ irrigation installation but we're stuck waiting until a large maple tree comes down and the stump is ground down then we can Harley rake the entire place except for some beds and start fresh. The client is an elderly lady that doesn't know what she wants for a landscape and as it does for most contractors, it drives me nuts!
I've been wanting a new dirt bike for the past few months however I think I'll be buying a new ZTR instead. It's going to kill me initially but this investment now will pay off big time later on. If things stay busy as they have with installs & maintenance, hopefully I'll be able to take a 2012/2013 Honda 250f off the showroom floor

Shortly after graduation

Borrowed a buddy's Lazer w/ Trac Vac for a few dethatchings (the largest properties) yesterday so I could get done early before graduation. I'll definitely be buying a ZTR after seeing how good of work this does! Either Exmark or Gravely, depending not the deal and potential financing.
After detaching & fertilizing.

I'm exhausted, off to bed before a long day in the office!!
Exmark TTHP 36"

23 Years Old

Last edited by JContracting; 05-18-2013 at 02:03 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:36 AM
LawnSite Member

How well were your results with EDDM? Door hangars are getting old...
Old 05-18-2013, 03:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Pr etty good actually. No full service maintenance like I wanted unfortunately, my company being on google places did alright for that, landed 1 full service msint acct w/ a 6 yd mulch install and its only a mile from another full service acct which is only 1 mile from home. just about 3 or 4 fert program leads & a variety of install leads, Landed the one retaining wall project w/ stairs rebuild. Of the install leads: 1. A massively long (almost 80' long by 2.5' tall) retaining wall on a 60 degree slope with absolutely zero equipment access, her budget was 5k,? good luck. Another was a guy that wanted about 9700 sq ft of his 2 acre prop Harley raked & sod installed, he had no idea what he was getting into. There were a few more. And I looked at a circular patio w/ freestanding wall and a curved walking path from their deck to the patio. I rly hope we can get that one also.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-19-2013, 02:38 AM
LawnSite Member

how does the google places work? is it a pay per click type deal how do you sign up and you it? I have been using thumbtack works well lots of leads but my closing rate on there isn't great think people mainly price shopping.