Click for Weather

Old 09-06-2013, 02:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Who takes these pictures. They come out great

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 09-06-2013, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Different photographers at the track. Speed Photography by Samantha is one. Keith McKenna Motorsports Photography is the other. Both are great folks & they're using extremely expensive cameras & lenses. I'm hoping Keith can get some really sweet shots in the coming weeks because I want to have 1 or 2 in a 24"x36" print as a Christmas present from my parents or grandparents to me.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah I figured they were using really good cameras and lenses. Like I said they come out really good.

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 09-16-2013, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Returned home from my trip Friday evening after sitting in construction traffic on i35 north from Elko to 35w for 2 hours (that's a 12 mile stretch of road for those who don't know MN). Went through tons of fuel especially towing it home! I actually had my exhaust break right over where it goes above the rear axle in E Iowa when going over a very rough bridge transition, got it fixed the next day after we had made it to Chattanooga, found a Midas and they welded two sleeves in (both sides of the exhaust broke).
Needless to say I fell in love with the south while I was there. Extremely nice people and perfect weather! I returned home and highs are only in the 60s My only complaint of south Georgia was all the mating bugs flying around like gnats to annoy you.

Both my tires and rims were basically shot (tires especially) so I got new rims & tires Monday evening before the trip. I'm very happy with how they look!

Here's a pic when picking it up down in Douglas.

Interior shot

I did go and have some fun with it on Saturday after getting home. For those asking where is the rest of my stuff, it's in the cabinets! I love having them!!

Some shots of it loaded up yesterday when I was configuring things at home. For those wondering, I will be doing bedliner on the floor after I get my mowing done this week!! The wood will definitely not last as it is with driving mowers in and out.

The first fuel stop of many on the way north! This one was in Douglas. I haven't calculated all my numbers yet but the avg on the way down was around 12, the best I got towing it was in North Georgia to Chattanooga and up and down the Mounteagle grade (which I was shocked by) to Manchester. The worst was 6.8 mpg in W IL/IA fighting a NE breeze. We stopped in Chattanooga Tues, went down to pick up the trailer on Wed, went back to Chattanooga Wed night, then Thursday drove to Quincy, IL then home Friday)

I also found out last week that I ended up 4th in Berm Benders' MX series in my class, one guy ahead (who ended up 2nd) missed the required amt of races by 1, so the kid in 3rd & I got bumped up to 2nd & 3rd! I'm very happy with how this year has gone and I can't wait for their series banquet and their first 2014 series race on the weekend of Oct 4-6! This is the first series award I've received besides the supercross series that used to run spring & fall friday nights that was about 15 mi from home.
Exmark TTHP 36"
225 Gal MN Wanner Skid Sprayer
8' Boss RT3 Straight Blade

Licensed Applicator

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How much did that trailer run you with the cabinets? Would love to get one with cabinets built in but their pricey up here.
48" Great Dane Surfer
48" Walker GHS
Stihl Handhelds
Old 09-16-2013, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We used to go through Douglas on our way to Helena, Ga. That was back when we lived in Flordia. But the south is a great place to live I love SC.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Great thread!
How many miles on your truck?? I like the extra cab long bed combo, best of both worlds.

Also early on when you just had the WB you posted allot of great dethatching pics, did you use the WB for some of those with a catcher??? Or were you borrowing the Z mower for those. I have a Exmark WB and was considering a JRCO but figured the catcher would fill up too fast to be productive. I have a Packem catcher and wish I bought an Accelerator I still may.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-17-2013, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb195 View Post
We used to go through Douglas on our way to Helena, Ga. That was back when we lived in Flordia. But the south is a great place to live I love SC.
I LOVED it down there! If I could find a girl my age that's attractive & has her stuff together with heavy southern accent, I'd pack my bags and be moving down there asap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML View Post
Great thread!
How many miles on your truck?? I like the extra cab long bed combo, best of both worlds.

Also early on when you just had the WB you posted allot of great dethatching pics, did you use the WB for some of those with a catcher??? Or were you borrowing the Z mower for those. I have a Exmark WB and was considering a JRCO but figured the catcher would fill up too fast to be productive. I have a Packem catcher and wish I bought an Accelerator I still may.
Posted via Mobile Device
It hit 170,000 on the way down last week, it has 172,xxx on it now. I love the ECLB also, if I had a family with kids and stuff I'd probably have a crew cab but I don't so this works great for me! Plus I have almost nothing in my backseat anymore as all that stuff is stored in the cabinets of my trailer! I love having the longbed, fits plenty of leaves & grass for spring & fall clean ups as well as my dirtbike & zuma with plenty of room to shut the tailgate.

I borrowed my buddy's Z for fall clean ups last year and some spring clean ups this year. If you can afford it, sell the WB and buy a ZTR w/ bagger system, the best move I ever made. I have a Packem catcher (plastic one is that brand right?) for my scag and it works alright but nothing compared to the Ultravac. I would definitely get a dethatch rake and maybe pair it with an accelerator bagger if the ZTR and bagger system isn't an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmlandscape View Post
How much did that trailer run you with the cabinets? Would love to get one with cabinets built in but their pricey up here.
Around $6700 for it all. Extras are: 4 radials + spare that is a radial, extra roof vent, 2 aluminum side vents, wide vinyl walls & ceiling, a few extra dome lights, cabinets, a bunch of extra d-rings, and rear LEDs. Up here that'd be over $9,000 plus I'd have to deal with a salesman and all that nonsense. With Diamond, I picked out what I wanted from their website, paid, waited for it to be done (a custom one like mine took a month to build as they're pretty stacked up with builds) and then got to drive down there and make a small vacation out of it. Awesome deal for sure even though I used a ton of fuel and the hotels & food were a little expensive but I prefer to stay in nice hotels as well as eat good food.
Exmark TTHP 36"

Licensed Applicator

23 Years Old

Last edited by JContracting; 09-17-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow !!! that truck is in amazing condition for the age and mileage. I imagine MN is similar to ME in that the salt and rust has usually set in by then, especially in a work truck. My bottom rockers are just starting to blister on my 2000, which is in better shape that most trucks it's age around here.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-18-2013, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML View Post
Wow !!! that truck is in amazing condition for the age and mileage. I imagine MN is similar to ME in that the salt and rust has usually set in by then, especially in a work truck. My bottom rockers are just starting to blister on my 2000, which is in better shape that most trucks it's age around here.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks! It's not exactly pretty on the rockers and underside of the truck but I will probably replace them if they wear out. But I'm very picky with keeping it washed & maintained, especially after plowing events.
Exmark TTHP 36"

Licensed Applicator

23 Years Old