Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-20-2013, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
Thanks.
I'm not near that for profit this year either, some things haven't been factored into my net on my P&L yet such as the big equipment purchases as they're depreciating assets and aren't "expensed" 100% the first year. I'm also grossing a fair amount, however with buying an enclosed trailer and all the other stuff this year, (money seriously seems to disappear so quick!), I finally have a perfect setup for maintenance, however next year with wanting a second truck and then a dump trailer & leaf loader to be set up for installs, that's another almost 30k if I were to pay cash for it all which I won't, if I can swing it, I'd finance it. But that's only after paying off student loans, CC's, etc.

Did you try to apply for a house loan and learned that number of 30k?
no I didn't apply, I talked to my accountant, that's what he told me, makes sense I think he said i could get approved with only 20k profit one year but either way i'm at least 2 years away from that if not longer. my second year I did the full value of everything I bought so I had plenty of write off's but this year I think i might spread things out over 5 years so it looks like i made more.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Always love reading your posts J. I'm excited to see where your company goes in the next few years.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks buddy! I'm excited also!

Had a minor turn of events though, truck has been shifting very rough. Brought it to a local trans shop, they started with pulling the pan and found brass shavings in the fluid. Either a bushing or thrust plate. Or possibly something in the torque converter. However my main concern is getting it through the snow storm we have coming tomorrow night. Then ill bring it back in on next week. This definitely couldn't have happened at a worse time though, cash flow wise. Worst case scenario is a new torque converter which is about $3500 installed.
I'm just praying it stays good and in tact for the night of plowing. Only 2" forecast & I'll baby it, like I do anyway so hopefully things go well.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-20-2013, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

$3500 seems like a lot of money to replace a torque converter. I'd almost get a second opinion.

My picture thread:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=374000
Old 11-20-2013, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I might. But Allison transmissions are very expensive, I wouldn't be surprised if most were similar price
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-20-2013, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I might. But Allison transmissions are very expensive, I wouldn't be surprised if most were similar price
Posted via Mobile Device
I would do some research on that. I paid 1300 for my triple disk suncoast converter that is billet and can handle 1000whp or more even. usually its 500 to have someone pull the transmission, and a datco or "rv/towing converter" is about 4-500 usually. I would definetly get a second opinion. 3500 sounds a price for a full rebuild. I had my ford transmission rebuilt, and i needed a new flexplate along with all new parts and it was 2800 out the door.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would also say get a second opinion my brothers ford had a rebuild and it was only 2700 out the door
Old 11-20-2013, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ill definitely get a second opinion. Was the suncoast converter installed at that price? For those in MN, where do you recommend in the north/northwest metro? I was at TSI for this.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-20-2013, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Ill definitely get a second opinion. Was the suncoast converter installed at that price? For those in MN, where do you recommend in the north/northwest metro? I was at TSI for this.
Posted via Mobile Device
nope installation would have been another 500. but that was for my dodge with a cummins turbo diesel. I had the whole tranny built, all billet shafts except for the intermediate. every other piece was billet, it was about 4500 for my transmission all said and done, but it was about to withstand drag racing with 1000hp to the wheels, and 2000lb ft of torque. most I ever did with it was 461hp to the rear wheels and 1363 for torque at the rear wheels, also I could put my truck in 4wd build boost from the turbo and left off the brake and burn all 4 33" nitto terra grapplers for over 100'. and the transmission shifted very firm, there was very litte slipping going on anywhere in the transmission. it wasn't setup for plowing, i did do some towing with it, it was smokey, because my engine was set up to build power, not tow.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

How did you make out with your transmission issues, did you nail down the problem and get it fixed hopefully it was less than $3500 that seems high to me as well for a fix.
Posted via Mobile Device