Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #241  
Old 12-01-2013, 02:04 PM
JContracting's Avatar
JContracting JContracting is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Champlin, MN
Posts: 1,719
I paid them for a tranny flush and talked to another shop, my teacher who owns a hardscape company had this shop put a built tranny in one of his 7.3's for $3800. I gave them a call and will be bringing my truck in for them to scan when I can get the chance. They did say that there were some updates on the early Allison's and that's all it may be.
I haven't had the time to get it in to the shop.
Last week I had a client's friend (client is getting pretty old and has memory issues) call me (11/20) that they wanted us to do this total landscape removal & install at her property. So we started it this past Monday and the ground was partially frozen in the south facing side and totally frozen on the north side of the house. Talk about a hassle. We got everything removed and hauled out and could get edging in on the south side of the house but not without practically destroying the blades on two different bed edgers from a local rental shop. Hacked through a cable line as it was buried directly below the old landscape, nowhere near deep enough. Her front yard was destroyed when the city had to do a new sewer/water connection and there were some irrigation things messed up from it so I'll definitely be able to have my irrigation guys busy right away in the spring with fixing that.

We'll do the remaining edging in the spring along with regrading the front yard and sod, fixing other turf damage w/ black dirt & seed and the new shrub & perennial plantings.

I'll get some pics up later tonight, the transformation is awesome even with the front lawn being non existent and no shrubs, the place looks 1000x better!

I had totally "written off" this job as I met with them in mid October (when this job should have been done. Nothing more frustrating than dealing with frozen ground AND frozen material to be installed, fill dirt, frozen mulch, etc. what a pain!) and didn't hear back even after sending a confirmation email asking if they rec'd the quote about a week after the initial meeting then all the sudden that day they called while we were doing clean ups and I couldn't believe they wanted to go with it especially with how late in the year it was. The client is moving to a retirement home next spring and she wanted to see her property look nice before that and I'm definitely glad we were able to do the work as we finished clean ups just in time to fit this one in. We finished yesterday at about 1:30 and it was warm enough to get my trailer and mowers and everything washed and winterized to park it until spring.

The profit (a very nice margin on this one, priced sky high because we had to haul out about 17 yards of existing rock) should cover all trans repairs if needed. I'm hoping it's just some code issues, I'd be extremely happy if that's the case!!
__________________
'01 Chevy 2500 HD ECLB w/ 8.1 - 06 Tow Mirrors, 285s, 17" MB Chaos Wheels, Torsions Cranked, Airlift Airbags
2014 Diamond Cargo 8.5' x 20' Enclosed Trailer - Fully Loaded Interior
Exmark Lazer Z X-Series 52" w/ Ultravac
Exmark TTHP 36"
225 Gal MN Wanner Skid Sprayer
8' Boss RT3 Straight Blade

Licensed Applicator

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 12-01-2013, 02:19 PM
JContracting's Avatar
JContracting JContracting is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Champlin, MN
Posts: 1,719
I forgot to mention, I spoke with my grandpa on Thanksgiving who had owned a trucking company before retiring and knows more about trucks than anyone I know, he had said seeing brass particles in trans fluid, especially a heavy duty trans is normal. He recommended trying out Lucas Oil's trans conditioner, it takes about 150 mi to run through and I haven't driven that far since putting it in but we'll see what happens.


Also forgot. Talk about a PITA!! Had a girl that's a couple years younger than me back into my truck the first day of this project! Backed into the driver's side door and I couldn't open it all week, so the 10-15 times I'd be in and out of the truck while working this week, I climbed over the center console and passenger seat! Sucked! Met with her insurance company's adjuster on Friday, they did an estimate, new door, new graphics on the door, fix the dent in the rocker panel and repaint my fender and wrote me a check for damages and then I brought it to the body shop which is the same one I went to last winter when I had a girl slide into my bumper and bent it. It goes into the shop for about 3 days on Dec 10, now the battle of a rental vehicle with her insurance company will be underway tomorrow. If I can't get a heavy duty truck that has Boss mounts & wiring, which we all know is impossible, they'll have to compensate for wages lost which may be a surprise to them



When I went to my body shop, they were able to pry the fender a little bit enough to just get the door open so I don't have to climb through the passenger side.
__________________
'01 Chevy 2500 HD ECLB w/ 8.1 - 06 Tow Mirrors, 285s, 17" MB Chaos Wheels, Torsions Cranked, Airlift Airbags
2014 Diamond Cargo 8.5' x 20' Enclosed Trailer - Fully Loaded Interior
Exmark Lazer Z X-Series 52" w/ Ultravac
Exmark TTHP 36"
225 Gal MN Wanner Skid Sprayer
8' Boss RT3 Straight Blade

Licensed Applicator

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 12-01-2013, 05:44 PM
noahb195's Avatar
noahb195 noahb195 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Posts: 965
Was she hot?
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 12-01-2013, 06:15 PM
S-205's Avatar
S-205 S-205 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,186
LOL, the most irrelevant question to be asked.

I feel like because he mentioned that she was "a couple years younger" than him, that she is probably hot.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 12-01-2013, 06:21 PM
JContracting's Avatar
JContracting JContracting is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Champlin, MN
Posts: 1,719
Haha ATT you're right. But I did have to distinguish that it wasn't an old lady though. She was pretty good looking but like Indian I believe.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 12-01-2013, 06:42 PM
RSK Property Maintenance's Avatar
RSK Property Maintenance RSK Property Maintenance is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Manchester,CT
Posts: 1,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
I forgot to mention, I spoke with my grandpa on Thanksgiving who had owned a trucking company before retiring and knows more about trucks than anyone I know, he had said seeing brass particles in trans fluid, especially a heavy duty trans is normal. He recommended trying out Lucas Oil's trans conditioner, it takes about 150 mi to run through and I haven't driven that far since putting it in but we'll see what happens.


Also forgot. Talk about a PITA!! Had a girl that's a couple years younger than me back into my truck the first day of this project! Backed into the driver's side door and I couldn't open it all week, so the 10-15 times I'd be in and out of the truck while working this week, I climbed over the center console and passenger seat! Sucked! Met with her insurance company's adjuster on Friday, they did an estimate, new door, new graphics on the door, fix the dent in the rocker panel and repaint my fender and wrote me a check for damages and then I brought it to the body shop which is the same one I went to last winter when I had a girl slide into my bumper and bent it. It goes into the shop for about 3 days on Dec 10, now the battle of a rental vehicle with her insurance company will be underway tomorrow. If I can't get a heavy duty truck that has Boss mounts & wiring, which we all know is impossible, they'll have to compensate for wages lost which may be a surprise to them



When I went to my body shop, they were able to pry the fender a little bit enough to just get the door open so I don't have to climb through the passenger side.
that sucks that someone backed into your truck, at least you got her insurance info, and they settled it so quick.
__________________
fully lic. and ins. 10yrs exp.
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 12-01-2013, 07:46 PM
noahb195's Avatar
noahb195 noahb195 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Posts: 965
Gotta spice it up sometimes. I'm glad it was all settled and taken care of tho.
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 12-01-2013, 07:52 PM
LawnMan19's Avatar
LawnMan19 LawnMan19 is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Where I need to be
Posts: 3,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb195 View Post
Gotta spice it up sometimes. I'm glad it was all settled and taken care of tho.
And if anyone knows about spicing it up I'm sure she would....
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 12-01-2013, 07:58 PM
JContracting's Avatar
JContracting JContracting is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Champlin, MN
Posts: 1,719
Fwiw, last winter when a person slid into my bumper, it was a hot girl, she was my age. She works at a bank I plow. I was there salting the sidewalks and hadn't hit the lot yet and she hit a patch of ice & just bent my bumper, messed up her hood pretty good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 12-01-2013, 08:06 PM
noahb195's Avatar
noahb195 noahb195 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Posts: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
Fwiw, last winter when a person slid into my bumper, it was a hot girl, she was my age. She works at a bank I plow. I was there salting the sidewalks and hadn't hit the lot yet and she hit a patch of ice & just bent my bumper, messed up her hood pretty good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Dude, get her number. If she's hot why not?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 PM.

Page generated in 0.08481 seconds with 8 queries