Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-28-2014, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by landscaper5 View Post
Nice man, looks like you're killing it as usual. I very much enjoy you're thread. Keep it up man!
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks man! This has been a great winter and I hope it keeps up until about March 10th, then I want it to be 95 degrees & humid every day! With what money has been received so far for Nov (not much with only some salting and shoveling on comm props) and then Dec, we're at 60% of what last year's snow season was! That includes nothing from January yet which will be even more than December for some clients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
Il love stacking $$$
What do you use to watermark your pics? Had someone steal some and ive been meaning to get on that
Same! Especially because I didn't have to do anything except show up and show him which piles to push and where there were some signs to avoid and take pics and that was it. It'll be a while before I have a wheeled skid for winter, my first skid will definitely be a Kubota SVL 75 track machine and it will not see winter except my own driveway/parking area at my own house & shop when I buy one.

I use picmonkey.com. Upload a pic then on the left side of the page there's a butterfly, I believe it's called Overlay. Then upload your logo and change the opacity to around 60%-80% and change it "multiply" on the dropdown menu of that same area.
Exmark TTHP 36"
225 Gal MN Wanner Skid Sprayer
8' Boss RT3 Straight Blade

Licensed Applicator

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:29 PM
LawnSite Member

I really like how you focus on systems and stuff related to business. It seems a lot of landscapers aren't focused on being a business owner. I can't wait to see where this company goes in a few years man!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-03-2014, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I really like how you focus on systems and stuff related to business. It seems a lot of landscapers aren't focused on being a business owner. I can't wait to see where this company goes in a few years man!
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks! I can't wait for the journey as well, spring is somewhat getting closer even though we have a 3'+ snow pack and temps around zero every day.

That is definitely true, and I'd say it's almost an advantage for those of us that are focused on systems and it's almost "easier" to grow our companies.
Exmark TTHP 36"

Licensed Applicator

23 Years Old

Old 02-04-2014, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
Thanks! I can't wait for the journey as well, spring is somewhat getting closer even though we have a 3'+ snow pack and temps around zero every day.

That is definitely true, and I'd say it's almost an advantage for those of us that are focused on systems and it's almost "easier" to grow our companies.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-04-2014, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
^ Well said
Exmark TTHP 36"

Licensed Applicator

23 Years Old

Old 02-05-2014, 12:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am glade you have had such a good winter so far. We have done ok. I like yard work much better than snow clearing. But it is nice to have all this free time in between snows to do things that never get done around the house when your busting it six days a week most of the mowing season.

I have a goal this season to take a three day week-end off on every holiday and at lest twice a month as well. I am supposed to be semi-retired so we want to take some short vacations here and there. And a few buddies are itch in to go four wheeling a lot this summer. Colorado is a great place to live if you like the mountains.

You have a good thing going keep it up!
Old 02-05-2014, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

It is around the corner.

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
That reminds me that I have to start working on my renewal letters I send out March 1rst. I am changing up the schedule and have to raise a few to keep pace with the over inflated economic state we are in.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks a lot!

Btw, did landscaper5 post anything besides "posted from mobile device" ? Thats all I'm seeing?

For spring I really want to just press hard 7 days a week so I can earn as much as possible and meet my budget goals and pay down some debt in order to get a loan for another truck as well as get crews established. Maybe my first weekend off will be memorial weekend :laughs: I know ill get the itch to go racing but well see what happens with that.

I also am raising prices for some clients this year, especially because I'm implementing credit card payments for almost all maintenance clients and I definitely need to increase prices by at least 3% to cover that cost, not to mention all other costs that keep going up!

Im looking into buying a skid sprayer from another company in my area, 300' of hose, 225 gal tank & electric pump, does anyone have any pros & cons about them? Im thinking I'd install it in my 6x10 open trailer and make that the designated "lawn care" trailer with using that for aerating, & fert as well as spot spraying also instead of using my enclosed for that portion. I did see another guy on here that had an enclosed trailer for his fert & weed control division and I really liked that set up but thats not in this year's budget.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-05-2014, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Next season

I won't be increasing across the board, only about 75% of my clients have room for an increase as some pay very well and increasing them just makes no sense at all. I only will be increasing by 2-5 dollars on the rest of the accounts. Which will off-set some of my expense increases. I don't expect anyone to cancel, but I have lost about 4 clients due to a couple passing away and one lost his job and is retiring so his budget can't handle luxury things. I won't be accepting new clients unless they work well into my schedule.
We got are taxes done. Went real good. I am considering buying a Exmark 30" mower for this season. It should help me knock out my lawns maybe in 3 day instead of 4. I really what to make this season one that is less taxing on me. So that my days off can be enjoyed doing things with my family and friends.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
^ Well said
I wrote something but as I went to post I think I accidentally deleted it. I had some where to be and then we had another snow storm yesterday so I haven't got the chance to re-write it.
Posted via Mobile Device