Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-12-2014, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Mine is a gas powered skid with electric hose reel so its not exactly what your looking at. Last year it was mounted on a single axle (3500lb) trailer which is why I needed the quick coupler. This year I am going to mount it in the bed of a pickup to be more DOT compliant lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-12-2014, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryde307 View Post
It isn't hard to do. Take a bit of time to run wires clean but otherwise pretty easy.

With your trailer make sure to not over load it alot. With the smaller axles they tend to bend or shift with alot of turning around.
I checked into it and a 225 gal sprayer fully loaded is a few hundred pounds below the weight limit.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-12-2014, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
I checked into it and a 225 gal sprayer fully loaded is a few hundred pounds below the weight limit.
Posted via Mobile Device
I was talking more about the enclosed. Because when turning around in culdesacs and such it is always dragging one axle. They tend to bend or shift from there location.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryde307 View Post
I was talking more about the enclosed. Because when turning around in culdesacs and such it is always dragging one axle. They tend to bend or shift from there location.
Oh. I'm thinking of mounting it to my 6x10 open trailer and dedicate that to fert/weed control. Keeping my enclosed out of the picture for that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2014, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Oh. I'm thinking of mounting it to my 6x10 open trailer and dedicate that to fert/weed control. Keeping my enclosed out of the picture for that.
Posted via Mobile Device
I know I was just talking about the trailer as a separate matter.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
Just be carefull, some pesticide mixes make the solution heavier than just plain water at 8.3 lbs. Sometime we add chelated iron to some of our spray mixes to minimize chlorosis and I believe it can way up to 11 lbs/gallon. Not all of that is iron, and I know thats an extreme example. But when you start mixing chemical in those tanks. The density of solution can increase significantly.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey man, do you have any good websites to get flyers/door hangers?
Old 02-20-2014, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Got print has been great, ill be using them again this year.

We're about to get rocked with 10-14" of snow starting the next few hrs, which is huge compared all the events we've had this year. Add 30-40 mph winds with temps dropping from 35 to below zero tmrw, this should be one wild ride.

I also picked up a brand new Toro 418 single stage snowblower for ny shoveler to run, this should make life MUCH easier for this storm!!! Especially on the commercial properties w/ lots of sidewalks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by JContracting; 02-20-2014 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Some pics from the snow storm last Thur/Fri. Most areas had around 7.5-9" of accumulation, every property was done twice with the exception of 1 comm prop that is cheap and only wants one service per storm (price increases with depth) and another commercial was done twice completely and then cleaned up. The drifts at one of the commercial properties were 2-3', we would've screwed without the blower!!!!!! We started at 4pm Thur and were done at 12:30a Fri night, 32.5 hrs with taking about a half hour break to eat breakfast on late Friday morning, I had been awake for 38 hrs straight. That's the longest I've ever plowed, it was not exactly fun the last 10 hours, my shoveler was falling asleep between stops.

The blower the day I took it home.

These were from the same property.

The amount of cars that we saw that were stuck was insane, I've never seen so many. The roads are still horrible today because the salt shortage and the cold temps.

While we were plowing this place for the last time on Friday night I started hearing squeaking from the front right wheel. Took it to my younger bro's work today (Firestone) and the ball joints are shot, so all of those are being replaced along with getting an alignment. I'd rather pay for them to be done now rather than have them break during the next snow storm!!
Landed another resi account that hasn't been done (for sale) in quite a while and we'll be snowblowing it via my buddy's skid w/ snow blower attachment as well as stacking/blowing piles at a commercial property tmrw night because after these past two storms there is almost no room to pile snow. There's word of another storm this weekend into next week and I hope that's it for snow afterward! I want it to be warm and start hustling lawn & landscape work.
2014 Diamond Cargo 8.5' x 20' Enclosed Trailer - Fully Loaded Interior
Exmark Lazer Z X-Series 52" w/ Ultravac
Exmark TTHP 36"

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.

"If youíre born poor, itís not your mistake. But if you die poor, it is your mistake."

Last edited by JContracting; 02-25-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow!!!

You guys defiantly earn every penny on this one. Now are you set for spring to come?