Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-02-2012, 12:41 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamjamrockinman View Post
Hey man, love all the pics! have u graduated yet? You were in the hort program at anoka tech if i remember right? I just switched majors this year and started the hort program at DCTC, loving it. Love the Millville pics, I was at the nationals this summer as well, i was also just down at meadow valley yesterday catching one last outdoor ride of the season! Looks like business is going well! Your on your way man, keep on keeping on, you'll go far. Im sure ill run into you at the tracks next year, ill keep my eye out for that sweet 8.1.

Thanks man! Your company is Pro-Lawn right? I think I may have saw you in a white reg cab 6.0 chevy on 169 south bound in Hopkins on my way down to the Jordan Fair race back at the tail end of July.
I have a couple more classes to do next semester and then I'm done!! I havent decided to whether or not I'm gonna do more school or not. It'd be really nice to be able to just focus on business and grow it so i can buy a house within 1-2 yrs but then again I'd like to pursue accounting but I think that when my business is almost perpetual Ill focus more on day trading.
Hows dctc?
Were you at millville the whole wknd?
That's awesome you were able to take a day to go ride there. Really fun track. I havent ridden since the race wknd at Mora on oct 6-7.
Business is good, extremely busy with clean ups! I have about 8 medium-semi large ones to do between tmrw and Sunday!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-02-2012, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yup that was my truck, it may have been the guy who was working for me at the time, or maybe me, I'm not sure. Thats awesome your almost done. I know its a tough decision, I will be trying to decide the same thing when Im done at dctc next year. Im gonna be so tempted to jump right into full time lco, as I'm sure your dealing with the same thing. Ive got similar plans, I'd like to get a really full schedule solo and hopefully by some property as well, a little bit out from the cities, big pole shed, 10-15 acres to build a little track, lol thats the dream.
But ya I'm loving the dctc program, actually motivated to go to school and do well unlike ust, the university thing just wasn't for me. Ya Ive been swamped with clean-ups. When we get out of school at noon were already halfway down to meadow pretty much so i decided to take the day and have some fun, track wasn't too bad either and we pretty much had it to ourselves! I went to Millville on saturday only, we didn't camp or anything. I did 10 clean-ups solo last weekend saturday, sunday, and monday! You should be able to squeeze those out. You been working solo lately?
Old 11-04-2012, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamjamrockinman View Post
Yup that was my truck, it may have been the guy who was working for me at the time, or maybe me, I'm not sure. Thats awesome your almost done. I know its a tough decision, I will be trying to decide the same thing when Im done at dctc next year. Im gonna be so tempted to jump right into full time lco, as I'm sure your dealing with the same thing. Ive got similar plans, I'd like to get a really full schedule solo and hopefully by some property as well, a little bit out from the cities, big pole shed, 10-15 acres to build a little track, lol thats the dream.
But ya I'm loving the dctc program, actually motivated to go to school and do well unlike ust, the university thing just wasn't for me. Ya Ive been swamped with clean-ups. When we get out of school at noon were already halfway down to meadow pretty much so i decided to take the day and have some fun, track wasn't too bad either and we pretty much had it to ourselves! I went to Millville on saturday only, we didn't camp or anything. I did 10 clean-ups solo last weekend saturday, sunday, and monday! You should be able to squeeze those out. You been working solo lately?
Whoever was driving had waved at me but by the time I noticed It was too late lol.
Yeah its gonna be hard to decide. I really don't want to do another 3 years of school. My weekly maint schedule isnt as big as I'd like, after the 4th of july & Millville weekends I had 2 days a week (in the field) of work for about 3 weeks and then mid early aug I landed a decent sized install and we started it around the 12th and it went til the 17th. since then, I've been busy since.
My goal is to land enough service accts next yr to pay the bills and then some and full days of maint work mon through tues or wed and fill the remainder of every week with installs and eventually establish a maint crew and then an install crew. It's a long shot, but one year from now I'd like to be buying a house on some land. I'd use the crap I haul out from jobs as fill for jumps lol.
And 5 yrs out I want 1 resi maint crew, 1 comm maint crew and then I work with 2-3 guys on a full time design/install crew and eventually I break off from that and am in the office all day and handling sales and managing my investment portfolio.

I too look forward to class every day. Being at a university was not my style either. It seems like living on campus and that whole experience is for people that like to go to class, chill, study a bit, and party starting Thursday. That is the exact opposite of guys like us that are go getters and want to grow a business as opposed to "chilling in the frat house" hahaha. No one at UND worked, yet they all had money for stuff, didn't make sense. But Don't get me wrong, I like to tip a few back but I think about business and growing it 24/7. I dont stop thinking business unless I'm at the track.

And that's sweet that your that close to those tracks, I'm hoping to hit Meadow Valley this coming weekend. I have a decent amount of clean ups yet. I have some pics from this weekends clean ups. Do you go to Eden Prairie at all? I may have a property for ya. Its too far for me. Most of the time I'm solo except for the installs. I usually have one of my younger brothers or their friends help. Today I had a friend a couple years younger that's in college help me today. The clean ups I did were pretty damn big, average price was about $250.00, imo that's a pretty big job solo, 4-5 hrs on each one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-05-2012, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Things look good.

The moto pics make me miss those days. I quit riding prob 4 years ago. Would like to start again.

Is Lee still putting on the Jordan fair races?
Old 11-05-2012, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes he is. Their fair series goes around the state & into IA & WI. After I buy a house I'm going to do the whole series. Those all out sprint fair races are really fun. And he did a few Saturday late afternoon into evening races at Jordan which were sweet, no sprint to get across the metro by 530 on a Friday. And I'd still be able to make it to the district race on Sundays if I wasnt there the whole wknd.
Get back into it!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-05-2012, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yea I used to ride most of the fair races. Also after stopped riding big bikes raced pitbikes alot as well. Unfortanatly that kind of disappeared.

I also used to go down to texas in the winter and ride. A few friends lived there in the winters and I would visit. I was the slow guy friends with most of the top riders at the time.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah I've noticed the pitbike scene has almost ended. Not many have the money for race bikes plus pitbikes.
And I've been wanting to go down south and ride, never rly had the money though. Who were your friends down south? I too am the slowest of my friends, by far pretty much. They're all A racers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-05-2012, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Awesome pictures! I have seen your truck around champlin quite a few times it looks great!
Old 11-05-2012, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol thanks man. Where have you seen it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-10-2012, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A few buddies of mine & I are heading to Meadow tmrw to get one last ride in for outdoors this year, in MN that is. Ill get some pics & vid. Its gonna be 65 down there. I'm stoked! Feels like March but it's quite the opposite, I wish we were heading into the next landscape season already.
Posted via Mobile Device