Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-13-2012, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Member

What kinda vac system is on that trash can on the first page?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-13-2012, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That would be a trac vac....
They're alright if its dry. Its my buddy's and it's not maintained well so it's a pain in the a$$ to use sometimes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-13-2012, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Oh ok jus lookin at different vac systems something simple
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-14-2012, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Some work & play pics. Work first.

I don't have any before pics on this one, it was a ton of leaves.

Woke up on Saturday, right shoulder was in a good amt of pain.(some history, in 2004 I crashed and dislocated it into my back, cracked the humorous, & was knocked out for a few seconds, had problems with it since).
I called my buddies that I was meeting down there (Meadow) and they were on their way and I was questioning it because I was in pain, I could barely lift my phone to my ear but I put my arms into the position where they'd be if I were on the bike and there wasn't too much pain. So off I went.
Definitely worth it! It was 75 & sunny and there had to be 50+ bikes (non organized practice) there so things were pretty crazy on the track in the afternoon. But I even was feeling really weak towards the end of the last few laps I put in because I was dehydrated and only had a gallon of water to drink. I was in some pain Sunday and Monday though, Monday morning I went to an Orthopedic Dr. and I ended up tearing the rotator ligament and upper portion of my bicep. So I've been taking it easy this week and pushing back the final clean ups.

Meadow is for sure one of my top favorite tracks. I can't wait until the Millville Pro Nat'l weekend. My buddy (on the Honda below) & I are going to convoy our Toy Haulers and go down on Tueday afternoon and hang out and ride our bikes down the road on Tues & Wed (waiting for the gates to open at 6pm Wed) to Meadow. Should be a blast, too bad it's not until July!!
Some riding pictures. Unfortunately Samantha (Speed Photography) didn't get any pics from other jumps besides the tunnel step up and first table.

A few of my buddies, both ride A class and make me look slow.
Connor, on his month old 2013 Honda 450.

Laying it flat

Troy

Exmark TTHP 36"
225 Gal MN Wanner Skid Sprayer
8' Boss RT3 Straight Blade

Licensed Applicator

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.

Last edited by JContracting; 11-14-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

One of the pictures of me from Saturday isn't showing up. Probably because the internet sucks here at school and photobucket won't load correctly.
Exmark TTHP 36"

Licensed Applicator

23 Years Old

Old 11-14-2012, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
Whoever was driving had waved at me but by the time I noticed It was too late lol.
Yeah its gonna be hard to decide. I really don't want to do another 3 years of school. My weekly maint schedule isnt as big as I'd like, after the 4th of july & Millville weekends I had 2 days a week (in the field) of work for about 3 weeks and then mid early aug I landed a decent sized install and we started it around the 12th and it went til the 17th. since then, I've been busy since.
My goal is to land enough service accts next yr to pay the bills and then some and full days of maint work mon through tues or wed and fill the remainder of every week with installs and eventually establish a maint crew and then an install crew. It's a long shot, but one year from now I'd like to be buying a house on some land. I'd use the crap I haul out from jobs as fill for jumps lol.
And 5 yrs out I want 1 resi maint crew, 1 comm maint crew and then I work with 2-3 guys on a full time design/install crew and eventually I break off from that and am in the office all day and handling sales and managing my investment portfolio.

I too look forward to class every day. Being at a university was not my style either. It seems like living on campus and that whole experience is for people that like to go to class, chill, study a bit, and party starting Thursday. That is the exact opposite of guys like us that are go getters and want to grow a business as opposed to "chilling in the frat house" hahaha. No one at UND worked, yet they all had money for stuff, didn't make sense. But Don't get me wrong, I like to tip a few back but I think about business and growing it 24/7. I dont stop thinking business unless I'm at the track.

And that's sweet that your that close to those tracks, I'm hoping to hit Meadow Valley this coming weekend. I have a decent amount of clean ups yet. I have some pics from this weekends clean ups. Do you go to Eden Prairie at all? I may have a property for ya. Its too far for me. Most of the time I'm solo except for the installs. I usually have one of my younger brothers or their friends help. Today I had a friend a couple years younger that's in college help me today. The clean ups I did were pretty damn big, average price was about $250.00, imo that's a pretty big job solo, 4-5 hrs on each one.
Posted via Mobile Device
I like your plans man, very similar to mine. SWEET meadow pics man, wish I could have made it down there! Looks like it was a great day!! I like that tunnel jump, but the table right after that is my favorite jump there. Clean-ups look awesome too, keep the pics coming. Btw, ill update my thread soon, I've got a bunch of pics and have a new purchase on its way in the next week. Ill see if I can sneak a couple moto pics into mine too! I do cover eden praire and would be happy to take another job if the ppl are still interested, let me know.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds good. I haven't heard back from them but we'll see what happens.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-15-2012, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Jordan's gonna have practice Saturday if youre interested. My parents aren't exactly keen on going with the injury and all though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-26-2012, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Season is now pretty much done, finished the last clean up on Tuesday and had one of my full service maint clients that has had their trampoline in the same spot since Sept and the grass was 5" tall and there were some leaves under it but it'll have to get done next spring. I would have done it Wed but I (my parents and youngest bro) went to Laramie, WY to visit my younger bro that is out at Wyotech. Definitely a cool place to go and beautiful terrain. It was warmer there than home though! Very windy on a couple of the days though. We went to a shooting range just north of town and that was my first time at a shooting range since I was 12 yrs old when getting my gun safety permit. Shot my dad's glock pistol, my bros' .243s, a couple different 22's. I don't hunt (too cold and don't really have the patience) so it was completely new.

Picked up another snow account today, one of my resis for maint just signed on for per push. Thankfully we haven't had anything significant, I haven't bought a plow yet!

Here are some pictures from clean ups, school, and Wyoming.

A couple of the stripes look bad but it's insanely steep and it's not worth tearing up their lawn or rolling the mower.

There used to be a pond with a bunch of cattails in it and weeds all around it, completely removed that and started from scratch with the exception of the pond liner that was existing, we patched a few holes and began to continue construction.
What we built in my Sustainable Landscapes class. 2 waterfalls splashing onto a 100% permeable paver patio that has the water run through it and pumped back to the top of the waterfall. There is no tank underneath! My teacher's company is one of the best in the area for installs of waterfalls & hardscapes. There were a couple paver scraps sitting on that freestanding wall on the right side.

Short vid of water running through.

The city of Laramie is about 7500 ft up, it was hard to breathe the first day I was there. Even harder to breathe up here!

Me with Mirror Lake & Medicine Bow Peak in the background. Where I'm standing is about 11,000 ft up. 20 degrees & 50+ mph winds blowing, freezing!!!

Motocross track just north of Laramie

Exmark TTHP 36"

Licensed Applicator

23 Years Old

Last edited by JContracting; 11-26-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Clean-Ups look real good man.