Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Magna-Matic
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Magna-Matic Lawn Mower Blade Balancers, Sharpeners, and more

Old 06-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Sponsor

Hi All,

Nice to see people helping each other, great posts all.

Remember the reason the nail-in-the-wall does not fuction is because the nail is not in the center of the blade's mounting hole. The blade spins upon the center point of the mounting hole and this is where the balance needs to be measured from.

Magna-Matic Corporation
Waldo WI USA
800-328-1110 (toll free USA & Canda)
920-564-2366 (PHONE)
gbauer2@magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic-direct.com
www.youtube.com/magnamaticcorp
Old 08-30-2012, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgreenspro View Post
I would like to thank all of you for your great responses. The new set I purchased needed sharpening the other day and I think I finally set the dam thing up the right way was about 6- 7 passes and the whole blade was sharpened perfectly. I then took remaining blades and sharpened them at the same angle. Took a while because they were a little out of whack but I now have three sets to use this whole week. Thank you again
Thought I'd check back (plus it's been crazy around here!). Glad you are having better results!
BTW - ALWAYS check the gap between the wheel and the table and keep it consistent - that's what that crank is for!! Don't be afraid to keep lowering the wheel such that the gap remains a constant. If you don't, that's when you'll see the grinding vary. The bevel won't remain consistent ... at one point the grinding will be closer to the top and elsewhere closer to the edge.

Keeping the gap THE SAME DIMENSION while processing a blade (as well as others you do) is KEY.

You will notice this much more if using the half inch wide wheel.

Let us know how it's working out for you this season!!!