Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-23-2012, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So I finally think I found them.

Been looking for a set of tracks for my S600TX. The biggest thing I hate about the OEM tracks is that they aren't very turf friendly, but most importantly I want to try to minimize the pavement vibration you get on hard surfaces.

Found these on E-bay, and they look like exactly what I need.

But, I wanted to see if anyone has either:

A.) Have you gotten Reduced Track Vibration with this track, or something comparable.

B.) How long did they last.

Thanks.

Nick

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Those look good Nick!

Landscape Renovations ~ Lawn Maintenance ~ Snow and Ice Management
Old 02-23-2012, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSPM, LLC View Post
Those look good Nick!
Thanks Brandt! What I'm really hoping for is it will minimize the vibration from running on the pavement. The machine will rattle your insides something fierce.

That and I trashed one of my tracks last season, and it's time for a new set.

Nice Logo By-the-way.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Member

I a ran one last year and I honestly thought something was wrong but it was normal vibration. Hopefully your next set will minimize that!

Thanks

Landscape Renovations ~ Lawn Maintenance ~ Snow and Ice Management
Old 02-24-2012, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I was looking at those same tracks. We too get terrible pavement vibration, and want a more turf friendly track. We are running narrow aggressive tracks on our sk650. We were thinking about getting wider turf friendly tracks through DW, but then we saw these.

If you decide to give them a try, or find someone who has used them, please let us know how they work out.

Lawn & Landscape Maintenance -- Landscape Installation -- Snow Management

Work / Equipment Thread
Old 02-24-2012, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
I was looking at those same tracks. We too get terrible pavement vibration, and want a more turf friendly track. We are running narrow aggressive tracks on our sk650. We were thinking about getting wider turf friendly tracks through DW, but then we saw these.

If you decide to give them a try, or find someone who has used them, please let us know how they work out.
I definitively will. They look about as close to a turf type track as I can find. RUBBERTRAX sells their turf style track and it seems similar.

It's going to be a few weeks before I can get to it, but I will update this thread when I do.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I posted this in another thread also, but I was following this thread incase someone bought these tracks that i'm talking about

Anybody interested in the prowler diamondback tracks, I posted a review in my thread:

Go to like page 60, post #597: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...=1#post4444923

or

Actual post

My very brief review: excellent on turf, does not correct pavement chatter. Read my post for more details

Lawn & Landscape Maintenance -- Landscape Installation -- Snow Management

Work / Equipment Thread
Old 06-16-2012, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
I posted this in another thread also, but I was following this thread incase someone bought these tracks that i'm talking about

Anybody interested in the prowler diamondback tracks, I posted a review in my thread:

Go to like page 60, post #597: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...=1#post4444923

or

Actual post

My very brief review: excellent on turf, does not correct pavement chatter. Read my post for more details
Thanks and good to know about the pavement chatter. Too bad it didn't solve the problem. I will take the time to read your posts this evening.

I actually will be ordering a set of tracks tomorrow as one has almost bit the dust. The steel track bars are coming out of it. It started last summer, and am surprised it lasted this long.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Put my set of Prowler tracks on the other day!

So far, I'm really digging them. Just from the little I've used the machine, I can tell that they won't do much if any turf damage. I tried it out on some extremely smoked turf from the lack of rain, and there was little to no damage.

I also kept with the narrow track that the machine is set up for (have to change sprockets for the wider track) and I still got good to great performance.

Now, they are about 20-30lbs lighter than OEM tracks, so I will also be interested in how they hold up. You can tell by looking at them that they aren't quit as thick as OEM, but a set cost $300.00 less than OEM, so you get what you pay for.

I will say the pavement chatter is definitively better, but is still there. It is more bearable though.

I also had a chance to try out an S800TX at the dealer the other day, and with the sprocket being out of the dirt and up high, there was little to no pavement chatter.

Vermeer has also come out with an s450TX with the high sprocket, and hopefully they will re-design the S600-650TX with the high sprocket placement at some point, but the rep said it might be a while seeing how they've really put a lot of resources into the S800TX.

As for the 800, I was impressed, but over-all it's way too big of machine for what I do. If I need a skid that size, I'd at least go with an RC-30 or some sort of cabbed skid for snow removal in the winter.