The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend cut easymoney View Post
WTF?

Not Work on weekends?

If your guys are hourly, then they ought to want to work on the weekends-overtime rules!

I worked weekends for about 8-10 years and then stopped for a couple of years and have been back at it for the last 2 years-

I've not had anyone tell me they did not want to work on most all weekends-
Some people have families and personal plans...I enjoy working the occasional Saturday, but I've really been appreciating my time off recently.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 06-01-2012, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I am on the lake Saturday with a cooler full of beer. My wife and daughter are on my Mastercraft with me and my Parents are on the tooner. I want to kill myself if I am working on sat. Sunday is just off limits. To the fella calling bs on my last comment. I could care leas if u believe me. All 135 are in 7 square miles. My 3 yr old truck has 19000 miles. I refuse to drive all over timbucktwo to cut. Work to live, not live to work.. some lawn companies have business plans that should of been burned before it was wrote. Most are out doing foolish things from a business stand point all week. Tom is Saturday, guess who will hanging with family and friends........
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-01-2012, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

this post has gotten pretty off track. The guys deffinately make me enough profit off the lawns each week, doesn't make me rich or anything but pays the bills and puts alittle money in the bank. I'm basically saying when there is a holliday or a rain day during the week and they don't have enough time to finish mon- thru friday so saturdays come around they could finish the mowing list, they still want off to go have fun i guess. But that would allways put me in a jam because i work 6-7 days a week landscaping and i just don't have the time right now to mow on saturdays because of my mowing guys wanting off. So i basically made a rule to my 2 guys that they have to work weekend's to make up for days that where missed during the week etc. They do a pretty good job quality wise also, and normally mow 60-70 lawns in 4 days. I wrote this post to see how other LCO's handled the same situation.Thanks for all the coments
Old 06-01-2012, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
I have 5 guys on my crew and can only get 8-10 done in a week
You have very unproductive guys then! Obviously I don't know what you cut, but 5 guys should be able to do more than that IMO!!
Toro
STHIL
Shindawia
Western Salt Spreader
Billy Goat
Tomahawk

Minnesota certified pesticide applicator
NOT MY PRESIDENT!

Brotherhood 2000 plus fourteen
"The real lawn care Jesus"
Old 06-01-2012, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS.inc View Post
I am on the lake Saturday with a cooler full of beer. My wife and daughter are on my Mastercraft with me and my Parents are on the tooner. I want to kill myself if I am working on sat. Sunday is just off limits. To the fella calling bs on my last comment. I could care leas if u believe me. All 135 are in 7 square miles. My 3 yr old truck has 19000 miles. I refuse to drive all over timbucktwo to cut. Work to live, not live to work.. some lawn companies have business plans that should of been burned before it was wrote. Most are out doing foolish things from a business stand point all week. Tom is Saturday, guess who will hanging with family and friends........
Posted via Mobile Device
If you're on a lake on a Saturday with a cooler full of beer during the busiest time of year for a landscaper, where are you in January and Febuary?
Old 06-01-2012, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Lawn Care View Post
You have very unproductive guys then! Obviously I don't know what you cut, but 5 guys should be able to do more than that IMO!!
lolololololol

No, you don't know what I cut. You don't know what anybody else cuts...so there's no reason for anybody to say "you should be cutting x number of lawns a day or you suck." That's an ignorant statement, unless you're intimately familiar with somebody else's operation, which I doubt is the case.

Tomorrow, in fact...we're a day behind because of the holiday. We have 9 guys going out on one property and should be done about noon. I guess we're unproductive though...nine guys should be able to bang out 100 properties in 5 hours.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 06-02-2012, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

thank you, this has really been some entertaining reading, but some of you aint got a clue or your psychic.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Lawn Care View Post
Then don't comment on what they should or shouldn't be able to cut.

What if each property is 100 acres?

It's absolutely amazing the people who get into this business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
lolololololol

No, you don't know what I cut. You don't know what anybody else cuts...so there's no reason for anybody to say "you should be cutting x number of lawns a day or you suck." That's an ignorant statement, unless you're intimately familiar with somebody else's operation, which I doubt is the case.

Tomorrow, in fact...we're a day behind because of the holiday. We have 9 guys going out on one property and should be done about noon. I guess we're unproductive though...nine guys should be able to bang out 100 properties in 5 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
thank you, this has really been some entertaining reading, but some of you aint got a clue or your psychic.
Ain't that the truth.

Some of these posts\comments bring me back to the days of PS before a certain thing happened. So, in the interest of keeping my account open, I won't say what really needs to be said to some of you who have all the answers on how many properties a crew should get done in a day or week.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBT View Post
If you're on a lake on a Saturday with a cooler full of beer during the busiest time of year for a landscaper, where are you in January and Febuary?

So you're saying the man shouldn't enjoy family time?

Like the man said, work to live not live to work!
If that aint working out for you........... work smarter.

I've worked the last 4 saturdays in a row and the last two sundays.
I'm working today to get two sprinkler systems back in operation, but have projects around the house to take care of tomorrow (sunday).
Old 06-02-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPS## View Post
So you're saying the man shouldn't enjoy family time?

Like the man said, work to live not live to work!
If that aint working out for you........... work smarter.

I've worked the last 4 saturdays in a row and the last two sundays.
I'm working today to get two sprinkler systems back in operation, but have projects around the house to take care of tomorrow (sunday).
That is true! Your body and mind needs a good balance of work and relaxation. Stress leads to all kinds of health problems
Closed Thread