Old 10-12-2012, 01:48 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Stripes look awesome!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-18-2012, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
I have this machine for the next 2 to 3 yrs so I have to get this sorted.
Took some photos of the grass cutting done today. Dont know if it will be any benefit to you Mickhippy. Sorry pictures arent great, took with mobile phone. Next time Ill use a digital camera.
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2012, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Member

lazer z man myself just got a new 29 60 efi love it
Old 11-19-2012, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNGrassCutter View Post
Got my Powerchute installed last week, finally took some pics. Works really well, fits good, its a lot easier to use than the 2 homemade ones I have made with a handle. I got the foot pedal on mine.
What did this cost? Is it an aftermarket product or can it be purchased through hustler.

I cut lawns near main roads & at car dealers, looks like I have no choice I need to buy this or make one up.

Sorry if im bringing up an old post here
Old 11-19-2012, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenology View Post
What did this cost? Is it an aftermarket product or can it be purchased through hustler.

I cut lawns near main roads & at car dealers, looks like I have no choice I need to buy this or make one up.

Sorry if im bringing up an old post here
It is aftermarket. Search them online, they are the top of the line chute blocker. I don't remember exactly what it costs but I will look when I get home later.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-19-2012, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

One of the neater set ups out there IMO. A good company to work with. BE CAREFUL! You will damage it. Especially if run in any position but full open and full closed. Motors have plastic gears in them and take very little abuse. I now keep a bungy cord on my machine to hold the flap open when it brakes out in the field and I always have another motor on hand. Easy and fast to swap out and about $40. If you buy them at the local parts store you can get a life time guarantee but that basically equals about one free replacement. But this does brings the cost down to about $20 a motor. I've gone through three in this past season of around 150 hrs. Also make sure your wires are secure and can not be damaged and if you remove the chute temporarily again secure the wires. Damage wires equal approx $150 as they're part of the foot pedal. I was able to repair mine but is not as pretty. Would I buy another one? For sure. I get what I consider a lot of blow out from the front of my deck when the PC is closed but I think this has to due more with the deck design and how high the front skirt is.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNGrassCutter View Post
It is aftermarket. Search them online, they are the top of the line chute blocker. I don't remember exactly what it costs but I will look when I get home later.
Posted via Mobile Device
http://powerchutedesign.com/

Did a search & found this, looks like the one. Cheers
Old 11-19-2012, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks Green. Looks to be some clumping and a windrow in that third pic. The grass looks pretty dry too! Cant wait to see how you go with grass that long but it being damp!

I mowed a property last week and I still have the clumping. Have to do some more messing with the turbo baffle I think. Mowing a prop today that will show more.

Id use caution with that chute blocker (OCDC) being that its an import. I guess we could buy the motors here but our conditions may be hard on it.
They are easy to make up if you can live with using chain or rope to hold open. You only need a piece of checker plate and some angle iron and a few bolts. You already have the hinge on your existing chute.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My PowerChute has been on since new (2006) and hasn't had an issue. It gets rained on, banged up, etc. And continues to work. If it's sticking out and you smack a post, any OCDC will get damaged. The foot operation is easy and intuitive, not to mention FAST acting.

I had manually operated OCDC's in the past and like this better. Just wish he'd make a solid plate version...No need for vent holes.
2006 Hustler SuperZ 28EFI 60" Power Chute Design OCDC SOLD!
Perma-green Magnum
1996 48" SCAG Belt WB 14hp Kawasaki Classic Deck
Echo 2 strokes PB-755 & SRM 280
Eastman WM20H 20" Commercial Push mower (NEW for 2013)
Commercial Lawnboy trim mower 3-FOR SALE!http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424203
Solo since 1980
Old 11-19-2012, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS View Post
My PowerChute has been on since new (2006) and hasn't had an issue. It gets rained on, banged up, etc. And continues to work. If it's sticking out and you smack a post, any OCDC will get damaged. The foot operation is easy and intuitive, not to mention FAST acting.

I had manually operated OCDC's in the past and like this better. Just wish he'd make a solid plate version...No need for vent holes.
Im sure I read a lot of you guys had problems with them and support wasnt very good. Something like that anyway?????

Believe me, I'd seriously like one but with freight costs, could add up pretty quickly if it got damaged or whatever. With it sticking up so far on the SZ version, I know I would damage it for sure.

By the time it got here it would be over $400! Thats a lot of money compared to $10-$20 for a manual one. Convenient, for sure but still????