Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-17-2012, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Alright I think Ive settled on a power chute ocdc. Does anyone use the toggle switch on a z? It says it's for wb or standers but I think it may be easier than a foot pedal if mounted on the steering lever.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My foot
Posted via Mobile Device

Ahhh crap... Damn big thumbs on the iPhone struck again!
Old 06-17-2012, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My foot Pedal has always been fine. I'd be concerned with the switch and wire getting broken on the stick.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-18-2012, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Got mine and installed it last week. Had a good full day to mow with it. So far I'm impressed. Operates very quickly and can be stopped anywhere in the travel if your quick with the switch once you spend some time with one.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
Got mine and installed it last week. Had a good full day to mow with it. So far I'm impressed. Operates very quickly and can be stopped anywhere in the travel if your quick with the switch once you spend some time with one.
Is yours the foot pedal?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-18-2012, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNGrassCutter View Post
Well after the new rating system it was a 35 or 27 horse I believe were the new horsepowers on their brochure. I went with the bigger just in case. It wasn't much difference in price and I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Very meaningful statement, "when in doubt, always go stout."
Old 06-18-2012, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Is yours the foot pedal?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes. Only way I would consider the toggle on a ZTR is if you could actually mount is to the steering stick. I'm not sure if there's and app for that.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

They have a bracket for you to mount a toggle switch to the steering lever. I just wondered if anyone tried it. Oh and I calculated my gph on the first two tanks I ran thru, got 1.7 and 1.8, cutting mostly weekly, a few biweekly lawns.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-18-2012, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
They have a bracket for you to mount a toggle switch to the steering lever. I just wondered if anyone tried it. Oh and I calculated my gph on the first two tanks I ran thru, got 1.7 and 1.8, cutting mostly weekly, a few biweekly lawns.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kawasaki told me they were improving the fuel economy of their big block engines by adding an electronic choke, and evidently what they said is holding true. The consumption when they were originally introduced was above 2 gph, and I've heard of many in the 2.5 gph range. I have run the older model Kawi 37 and the choke operated constantly, whereas a big block Vanguard on the same mower and in the same grass never changed sounds. I told Kawasaki about the problem, and what people were saying about the excessive fuel usage on their big block engines over a year ago, and this is when they told me they were working on the problem and planned to have it solved by 2012.

I am glad to hear a positive story on fuel usage of a Kawasaki big block engine, I new they could do better, it was only a matter of them making it happen.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
Kawasaki told me they were improving the fuel economy of their big block engines by adding an electronic choke, and evidently what they said is holding true. The consumption when they were originally introduced was above 2 gph, and I've heard of many in the 2.5 gph range. I have run the older model Kawi 37 and the choke operated constantly, whereas a big block Vanguard on the same mower and in the same grass never changed sounds. I told Kawasaki about the problem, and what people were saying about the excessive fuel usage on their big block engines over a year ago, and this is when they told me they were working on the problem and planned to have it solved by 2012.

I am glad to hear a positive story on fuel usage of a Kawasaki big block engine, I new they could do better, it was only a matter of them making it happen.
I've noticed whenever you talk about the BB Kawi's you use the term electronic choke. Don't you mean the governor, especially when talking about times when there's a load? Why would the choke to keep coming on when you have a load put on the engine?