Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-02-2012, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Google review and Angie's List?

Hey guys I gotta Quick question about Online reviews, Mainly It's Angie's list and the Google review pages. Does Google cost anything? I know Angie's list is free but my question is has it helped you at all with business or new customers? I"m honestly a little nervous about putting my company on the line but i also want to grow and become more of a professional as well.
Thanks Guys,
James
Old 06-02-2012, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Google Places is free, and I have one. Look at this article on 13 ways to promote your business for free.

http://www.wolf-howl.com/local-searc...ness-for-free/

www.finneylawns.com
Old 06-02-2012, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The internet is a double edged sword. If you have a legit business name odds are that there is already something about you on the internet. It is foolish to not be on top of this. Having a bad or incomplete page that looks like it was done as a kindergarten project can be just as harmful as nothing. You say you are nervous. If you do your job properly you have nothing to worry about. I have hundreds of happy and return clients. Getting them to leave a public review though is like pulling teeth. On the other hand I look at a new rival company that has been doing a very bad job. In the 3 months they have been around they have compiled at least 5 very negative reviews that I found with more every week. This goes to the old saying that someone happy might tell 1 person, but someone unhappy will tell everyone they meet. Today the majority of potential customers use the internet, and of the percent that might call you something like 80% will look at reviews first. Personally I have not used a phone book in years and when the new issue arrives I do not even unwrap it. It goes right in the recycle bin.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Guys I've already got a Manta thing set up for small business advertising. How do you go about getting yourself reviewed on Google?
Old 06-02-2012, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgreendude View Post
How do you go about getting yourself reviewed on Google?
Ask your customers to review you. Start with those you have the closest relationship with and you think will be most "accommodating" to do it.