Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-04-2012, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Stihl Kombi Owners Inside : 1st time using my new KM130R ...

Hi guys,

Added a new toy to my setup, the Stihl KM130R with the curved edger, adjustable hedge trimmer, and the pole saw with extension ...

I was able to use all 3 attachments with weekend with great success.

The only thing that I had a slight issue with (and wanted to ask and see if anyone else has experienced this) was that after getting the KM130 to originally fire up, I had a hard time keeping it idling.

After letting the unit warm up and using it some, the KM130 would die if sitting idle for a minute or so. After this happened several times, I slightly adjusted the idle screw and didn't really notice any further issues. It may have sounded like it was starting to idle low a couple times but it never died again.

Anyone else notice this about their new Kombi head unit?

By the way, I had way too much fun with the pole saw and see a couple more attachments in my future!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I haven't had that issue with my Kombi, but I have an FS110 (same engine as my KM110), and it used to die in idle. Just the slightest adjustment of the idle screw, and it's all good now. Just the slightest adjustment beyond that, and the clutch wouldn't disengage in idle.

Congrats, and enjoy.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I would let the dealer adjusted it, that's a simple fix for someone that knows what they are doing. You could cause more problems trying to do it yourself.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Same problem

When I got my km90 it did the samething and just turned the idle up just a hair 1 year later no problems. I also just picked up the km 130 I havnt had any problems yet just a little werid restarting one after they had set for about a hour.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLS-Tx View Post
I would let the dealer adjusted it, that's a simple fix for someone that knows what they are doing. You could cause more problems trying to do it yourself.
I called Stihl and they acted like this is needed on some new units and said that my dealer should have set up the unit prior to giving it to me but they didn't. Everything was new in box ... So, with the slight adjustment to the Idle Speed Screw everything seemed to work fine. So hopefully I wont need to take it in.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseysmowing View Post
When I got my km90 it did the samething and just turned the idle up just a hair 1 year later no problems. I also just picked up the km 130 I havnt had any problems yet just a little werid restarting one after they had set for about a hour.
Great to know, hopefully I'll have the same luck ... thanks again for the reply
Old 06-04-2012, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Just yesterday I was adjusting my KM110 motor. It was hard to start after use if still warm. I adjusted the low end screw and the idle screw. It would not stop during idle, but required 9-10 pulls to get restarted if warm. The adjustment seems to have fixed it.
6.5 x 12 Single Open Trailer
2011 24/52" Toro Grandstand
2007 Toro 23/52" Z Master Z453 w/E-Z Vac
21" Craftsman Push
Echo SRM-260 Line Trimmer
Stihl KM 110R Kombi w/multiple attachments
Stihl BR-600 Backpack Blower
Echo HC-165 24" Hedge Trimmer
Echo HC-1500 20" Hedge Trimmer
Old 06-04-2012, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have an older KM 85, ( think that's the right model , it has an 85 in it) today with the pole pruner using a composite extension, Worked fine cutting limbs up to about 3 inches. I did not need to cut anything any larger.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Member

My KM130 just started having the same idle issue the other day. I have not had time to get it to the dealer to make the adjustment. I thought about doing it myself but I dont know that much about it and it is still under warranty. I have had the unit for right at a year now with no problems! I love the verstility of it! I have the trimmer, adjustable hedge trimmer & pole saw attachments. I use the thing all the time. The only down side is that all my friends are always wanting to borrow it!!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Promise land mine does that extact samething. I've got to the point where i'll pull it off the truck for the first time and never hit the primer bulb unless it doesn't start on the first couple of pulls.