Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-05-2012, 07:35 AM
LawnSite Member

I have a 110 with zero issues so far. I have only had it for 2 months though?
Old 06-05-2012, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Member

My km130 did the same thing just fixed by adjusting idle screw as others have said otherwise runs like a champ
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-05-2012, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_in_NC View Post
I called Stihl and they acted like this is needed on some new units and said that my dealer should have set up the unit prior to giving it to me but they didn't. Everything was new in box ... So, with the slight adjustment to the Idle Speed Screw everything seemed to work fine. So hopefully I wont need to take it in.
Ahhhh, makes perfect sense now, and BTW, your dealer sucks.

Stihl doesn't even want customers to see a box. They want all their dealers to unbox and setup all equipment before it is sold.

So, if you got something "new in box", your dealer already did a Stihl no-no.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlitman View Post
Ahhhh, makes perfect sense now, and BTW, your dealer sucks.

Stihl doesn't even want customers to see a box. They want all their dealers to unbox and setup all equipment before it is sold.

So, if you got something "new in box", your dealer already did a Stihl no-no.
Yeap ... didn't realize this until the Stihl rep on the phone informed me of such ... Getting back to the KM130 ... I fired it up yesterday with no issues and it purred like a Tiger for the remainder of the evening ... All seems good ... I'm really digging it !!!
Old 06-05-2012, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I find that on all my Stihl equipment once the engine has been warmed up, the restart procedure is just to fire it back up, pull a few times to try and fire it up only using the choke if they cool down to much or they flood out too easy. My Echo engines are just the opposite. But they both work well for me.

That is my only hang up with Stihl is they can be temper-mental machines, but while they are running the power-band in those engines are so smooth!
Old 06-05-2012, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Had the same issue with the new 130 i bought a few weeks ago. I just adjusted the idle screw (just a little bit higher) and now it works flawlessly. I think it has something to do with epa because my maruyama's have the same issue and the dealer told me the manufacturers have to do it that way to have the least possible exhaust gasses. By the way, congrats with the new unit, i'm sure you will love it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-07-2012, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

From my experience with my km-130 and my ms-280 chainsaw they take a day or week to idle right
Old 09-08-2012, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgium View Post
Had the same issue with the new 130 i bought a few weeks ago. I just adjusted the idle screw (just a little bit higher) and now it works flawlessly. I think it has something to do with epa because my maruyama's have the same issue and the dealer told me the manufacturers have to do it that way to have the least possible exhaust gasses. By the way, congrats with the new unit, i'm sure you will love it.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm just re-reading this resurrected thread, and I had to comment on this.
You don't want the idle screw turned up too much because then the clutch won't release in idle.
It takes a fine touch, and a light tweaking to get this one right.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Driving me nuts!

My new Kombi KM 130 R and almost all the attachments is driving me nuts.

First problem, it won't idle, and I thought it might be an idle screw adjustment, so I am glad I checked this site. I live in Colorado, and the elevation sometimes messes with things, not to mention the manufacturers don't always adjust everything perfectly like Stihl manual states. I will adjust this problem tomorrow, and thank you for the help on that one...

Second problem, when I start to throttle up, the thing sounds like it is going to die (sounds like it is flooding, bogging, dying), and then all of a sudden, it might recover (if it doens't fall flat on its face like it has several times), and then take off like a jet, and I have to screw with the throttle just to calm it down, but yet not let it die (throttle up down up down up down up down while in use...lame as hell). Is this flooding, dying issue under throttle something that one of you might have seen or fixed? I mean, the idle screw on an old 2 stroke motorcycle never caused the RPM curve to bog in areas...just caused it not to idle. So I don't see how it would do anything in this case either, but I am all ears. Normally, I would say this is an air/fuel mixture issue, but Stihl's manual swears there is nothing to adjust, soo...

The unit is brand new, with no dirt, dust, etc in any filters...only used it 2x now (1 half tank, and another 10 minutes of time a week later on a new tank of fuel, both acting identical).

Thank you, I appreciate any ideas or experience you can offer,

CalGuY (This is what I feel like doing to my 130 currently LOL!)
Old 07-02-2014, 02:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalGuY View Post
My new Kombi KM 130 R and almost all the attachments is driving me nuts.

First problem, it won't idle, and I thought it might be an idle screw adjustment, so I am glad I checked this site. I live in Colorado, and the elevation sometimes messes with things, not to mention the manufacturers don't always adjust everything perfectly like Stihl manual states. I will adjust this problem tomorrow, and thank you for the help on that one...

Second problem, when I start to throttle up, the thing sounds like it is going to die (sounds like it is flooding, bogging, dying), and then all of a sudden, it might recover (if it doens't fall flat on its face like it has several times), and then take off like a jet, and I have to screw with the throttle just to calm it down, but yet not let it die (throttle up down up down up down up down while in use...lame as hell). Is this flooding, dying issue under throttle something that one of you might have seen or fixed? I mean, the idle screw on an old 2 stroke motorcycle never caused the RPM curve to bog in areas...just caused it not to idle. So I don't see how it would do anything in this case either, but I am all ears. Normally, I would say this is an air/fuel mixture issue, but Stihl's manual swears there is nothing to adjust, soo...

The unit is brand new, with no dirt, dust, etc in any filters...only used it 2x now (1 half tank, and another 10 minutes of time a week later on a new tank of fuel, both acting identical).

Thank you, I appreciate any ideas or experience you can offer,

CalGuY (This is what I feel like doing to my 130 currently LOL!)
I bought a 130 this year myself. At first it was finicky, and would stall out just by letting it come down to idle, or it would stall if I moved the power head a certain way. I tried running a few tanks of fuel through it, and then made the idle adjustment which solved the problem for me. I think it may take a little patience at first to run a few tanks of gas through them before making too many adjustments. Like others have said, make the adjustments in very small increments and give the machine a little time to break in. Because your at higher altitude, it may need a little H and L mixture adjustments too, but for that, you might want to take it to the dealer if its still brand new. Ill have to take a closer look at mine tomorrow, because there should be some type of H and L adjustment on them somewhere.
2012 21" Honda HRC-216 mower
2013 Exmark Commercial 30#1
2013 Exmark Commercial 30#2
2014 Exmark Lazer Z S Series EFI 52
Mclane 25" Reel Mower
2010 Husqvarna 21" mower
2008 Stihl FS250R Trimmer
2010 Stihl FS90R Trimmer
200? Stihl FC75 Edger
2013 Stihl BR 600 Blower
2013 Stihl HS81 t Hedge Trimmer
2014 Stihl SH 86 C E Blower Vac