Register free!

Old 05-14-2012, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Question for Indiana (Northern) applicators

Tru green is a PITA as we all know, so with that said said. If there are any Northern Indiana guys on here I have some spraying I need to do and Im wanting to get my license for next season so im interested to hear how the process was for anyone who has recently got certified.

I used to have a good sub-contractor applicator but now days its either tru-green or other companies who also cut grass. So now id just assume do it myself.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Go to http://www.isco.purdue.edu/pesticide/index_pest1.html This is Purdue University website. They have a two day workshop which will count for hours needed to get certified. The Indiana State Chemist works hand and hand with Purdue. This web site gives all info needed. If you have not worked under another certified applicator you will have to take workshop to obtain your license.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-16-2012, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the heads up! How long have you had your app lic ?
Old 05-16-2012, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Member

This is my 3rd season with an applicators cert. Indiana is very serious on operating leagally. My regional inpector has come to the shop to check license and proper storage. He also checked for a spill kit. There is a lot to know to be legal. I have heard stories of companies for getting to flag a property and getting a fine.

812-236-4806

360 Lawn Service Terre Haute, IN
Old 06-04-2012, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like I will most likely be doing the 2 day deal this fall. I'm excited about being able to offer applications myself. After one season of using trugreen on my lawns I have no choice to get certified. It wasn't so bad when my sub was a phone call away but the time has come. Seems to be a decent ROI as well and I will have total control on what kind of fert I put down. Since most of my work requires bagging or mulching if I could keep the weekly growth more manageable it would most definitely help the overall bottom line.