Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-01-2010, 01:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Toro 52" Grandstand

I recently bought (3) 52" Grandstands. Love the machines!! We are having a problem with one of the units. After about 1.5 hours of use the control levers become very difficult to push. We are using Mobil 1 oil. The machine has 150 hours of use on it. The temperature coming off of the pumps are right side 162 and left side 184. Please advise.

Todd
Old 06-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Sponsor

Kingstowne Lawn -

Glad to hear you love the performance of your GrandStands. Per the instructions in your owners manual, we would suggest that you immediately try spraying the motion control linkage on the sides of the pumps with a dry lubricant product (NOT WD40, oil, grease or anything that will attract retain dust/dirt). Dry lubricants can be purchased at an automotive supply store. If this does not resolve the issue it should go into a dealer to be diagnosed. Hope this helps.

-The Toro Company
Old 09-11-2010, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Hydrotex makes several spray lube products that are specifically formulated NOT to attract dust. Their primary use is for agricultural harvesting equipment.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Is Toro working on a fix to replace the lift assists that have been going out on the Grandstands?? I just bought 2 new Toro G3's and love them, but a good friend is in a pickle having to replace the lifts all the time on both of his Grandstand mowers.
Thanks and see you at the GIE.

If you don't like my opinion...go around back for another view.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by br549oicu8 View Post
Is Toro working on a fix to replace the lift assists that have been going out on the Grandstands?? I just bought 2 new Toro G3's and love them, but a good friend is in a pickle having to replace the lifts all the time on both of his Grandstand mowers.
Thanks and see you at the GIE.
I hope to hear from you guys soon, going on 24hrs, otherwise I guess I'll look you up at the GIE. Geez talk about customer service. Thats more than a month away!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Sponsor

br549oicu8-
New, heavier duty gas shocks were released for MY'09 models a few months ago. To the eye they are slightly larger in diameter than the original design. Have your friend check with the dealer to insure that he is getting the most current gas shock (dealer can check service bulletin for part #).

-The Toro Company
Old 09-16-2010, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My friend posted right under mine, Robertsturf.
Please convey what is needed to him. The dealer we both use is excellent. The rep that came around and sold us 2 new Toro's was awesome. I just hope these issues are resolved. Seems like he has already had the new shocks and they were not any better. Maybe a design flaw? Maybe a factory provided upgrade? I had a problem with a Kubota many years ago and they took care of it after 10 years and 2000 hours. That's excellent service. They realized it was a flaw and took care of business. Toro has a great reputation and I would expect similar results. I'll look forward to the responses and resolve and see you guys personally in Louisville at the GIE!!!!
Thanks

Old 09-16-2010, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toro Company View Post
br549oicu8-
New, heavier duty gas shocks were released for MY'09 models a few months ago. To the eye they are slightly larger in diameter than the original design. Have your friend check with the dealer to insure that he is getting the most current gas shock (dealer can check service bulletin for part #).

-The Toro Company
That has been one of my points all along. It seems like they keep putting inferior parts right back on the machines. I assumed they were getting the updated parts from Toro, I have enough issues to take care of with running a business than to baby sit a dealer who really does know more than I do about repairing equipment.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I truly think they will resolve this for you, my friend. I'd bet there are engineers searching now for a super replacement or modification. Toro has been around a long time, and has an excellent reputation. I believe they want happy and totally satisfied customers from my experience.
Keep the faith!!!!

Old 09-21-2010, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I figured this was a good time to see if Toro had contacted Robertsturf???
Having just purchased 2 new Toro's, I am watching and listening closely.