Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-18-2012, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Tomato's are up overtom of the cages now, LOL

10:30 PM
85 degree's and still growing and getting ripe now

Forget having the first ripe one for the 4th I'm now planning on canning for the 4th

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 06-27-2012, 06:32 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Here yu go, June photo's
Things here are burning up and I've done created a monster and can't keep up. Thinking about letting the lawn go dormant and focus on keeping the roses, landscaping, shrubs, tree's and garden alive.

Just to much to water with a hose and were on city water, this months bill will be at least $200

Ok, waited to reply till I got new photo's so here they are, as you can see the lawn is under a lot of stress from the heat and no rain. Only going to get worse with 100+ degree temps and no rain.

You might want to open two browser pages to see side by side shots at before and now.
Enjoy

Landscaping
Still looking good here

Got the honeysuckles almost filled in again, this time neighbor can't get to them and its burning her up

Garden
I got grape wine, LOL Peaches and early girls. Been a good year for tomoto's and going to have plenty of those.

First ripe tomato's coming in

Peaches are about the size of a baseball

Its a jungle in there LOL

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 07-07-2012, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Updated photo's:

Peaches anyone? I had to brace the brances with 2x4's they are so loaded.

And the garden, were freezing tomato's today, not enough to get a canner full yet but they are coming in and I'm so glad I went with 6 feet between rows and the vines are over my head

Last year
The dam vines grew together and couldn't get down the row

Then God created Women
Old 07-07-2012, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice garden, weed free and orderly, everything looks healthy. I gotta think a lawn fanatic like yourself would consider getting a used walkbehind, say a 36 or 48, and really stripe up that turf to its potential, not that it doesn't look good now. Ever consider that? My neighbor, after using my mowers, went out and bought a new exmark turf tracer just for his place! Anyway, place shows your hard work and good luck with this weather, we have the same pattern going on here, and it ain't pretty.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groomer View Post
Nice garden, weed free and orderly, everything looks healthy. I gotta think a lawn fanatic like yourself would consider getting a used walkbehind, say a 36 or 48, and really stripe up that turf to its potential, not that it doesn't look good now. Ever consider that? My neighbor, after using my mowers, went out and bought a new exmark turf tracer just for his place! Anyway, place shows your hard work and good luck with this weather, we have the same pattern going on here, and it ain't pretty.
Thanks Groomer,
I have a 48" rider but it don't show in the latest photo's to well due to the heat. Last cutting really wasn't a cutting and it was a month ago now since I cut last. I cut at 4" and really just zoomed through the whole thing as fast as the rider would go to knock the high places then, not really much to cut

Then God created Women
Old 07-14-2012, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks everyone, the hard work is starting to show and I got vines over the top of my head.

Will be doing a little canning tomorrow.
and the next day.

Then God created Women
Old 07-22-2012, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Uhh more work tomorrow, read to get busy canning first thing.

This makes the 35 and 45 gallon picked this year. Going to start giving away tomatoes soon

This has me thinking "State fair"????? Notice thats a full roll of paper towel

All ready to start canning in the morning. Going to have to buy 2 more cases of jars I guess.

Then God created Women
Old 07-23-2012, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Member

awesome property keep the pics coming!
Old 07-23-2012, 05:45 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I can't get over this crop coming in, plenty of everything.

Just wish now I would had planted corn
Normally, we just buy a dozen or 2 and put up as its cheaper then growing it. Not this year, hell can't find it

Then God created Women
Old 07-23-2012, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

OH ME!!!!

What a day

From this:

To This:
Make this 49 quarts of tomatoes put up.

And do it all over again Wednesday

Then God created Women