Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-22-2012, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think the last roll I purchased with 5# and $55 so it sounds like I paid a premium.

I think that these kind of things can get pricey as they are extras' stuff you grab when you are buying something else.

I should look at making some bulk / planned purchases
Old 06-27-2012, 07:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Well, I just called my local FIS store here in Clearwater and they are $26.95 for a 3# spool (which was pretty much what I was expecting, no offense). I don't know if their pricing may be different in different areas, or if that was an old price or what.

I wish the people who posted those better deals would post their sources, because I can't seem to find any deals like that online.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:04 AM
LawnSite Member

55 bucks for a 5# roll of Stihl X-Line best line out there! I would pay double for it, its thats good!

M
Old 06-27-2012, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROCUTS LAWNCARE View Post
55 bucks for a 5# roll of Stihl X-Line best line out there! I would pay double for it, its thats good!

M
I feel better cause that is what I paid too. I was beginning to think I was going to need to start shopping. I still might but if it works and last better than no problem paying the price.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Sponsor

trimmer line deal!

Trimmer line sale $32 5lb roll. FREIGHT FREE with coupon.(limited supply): http://www.mowpart.com/Trimmer-Line-...312/index.html

15% coupon for mowpart.com extended to June 30th!

Coupon code: juneDD12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Lawnsite members!

15% off parts coupon code: juneDD12
Daily Deal slashed prices on popular items: http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160
Trimmer line sale $32 5lb roll. FREIGHT FREE with coupon.(limited supply): http://www.mowpart.com/Trimmer-Line-...312/index.html
Thank you Lawnsite members for supporting Mowpart.com for the last 8 years. We want to give you one of our biggest discounts ever! 15% off all parts! We are promoting this code on Lawnsite only! This coupon is for you, but please tell your friends about this great discount. We are so thankful for your word of mouth that has spread nationwide to over 63,000 people who now have accounts with us!

*Ends June 30th. This coupon is for parts only. Discount may vary depending on product.
Coupon code: juneDD12

We also want to announce our "DAILY DEAL". Several times a week we are going to put a super discount on the items you want most. Check our forum on lawnsite each day to see what item we are slashing prices on. The first item is 345-429 Stens 21" Toro Blade for commercial 21" mowers $6.99! (Only 150 available at this price)
http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160

If there is a particular item you want to see discounted please post it on our forum and we will try to discount it!
http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160

We are also introducing a new Heavy Duty trimmer line $37.75 for 5lb rolls shipped anywhere in the US FREIGHT FREE! Don't forget to use your coupon and buy 5lb of .095,.105,.130 for only $32.09! We have a limited supply at this price so order today!
http://www.mowpart.com/Trimmer-Line-...312/index.html

Thank You!!

Russell Kelly

www.mowpart.com
"We are here to help"
Old 06-27-2012, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Here is a link to where I buy a 13# roll of Echo .095 line. I'm purchasing it off of ebay, I use the "make offer" button and I offer $70 for the roll.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/13-POUND-BUL...#ht_500wt_1156
Old 06-27-2012, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i use .095 magnum gator line. at my local dealer i pay $60 or 5#and the stuff lasts forever. a 5# spool of it will last almost 5 seasons.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:27 PM
LawnSite Member

I purchase LOCALLY from my dealer at the price I posted, but I have to buy 10 at a time and wait until he has enough to order from them, usually 2weeks from the time I pay to the time he calls and says its in
Old 07-10-2012, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClwFLGator View Post
Well, I just called my local FIS store here in Clearwater and they are $26.95 for a 3# spool (which was pretty much what I was expecting, no offense). I don't know if their pricing may be different in different areas, or if that was an old price or what.

I wish the people who posted those better deals would post their sources, because I can't seem to find any deals like that online.
Call Darin at the Oviedo Branch and see if that was a special or what. I always buy it from them as they are generally the cheapest around here and I do not have shipping. I buy some of my chemicals that for my shrubs from them too. I am not sure if it is being a regular customer for them or what but they are generally good about matching or beating a price for me if I say something. Generally I have asked enough times about lowering the cost to meet someone that I end up getting good prices and just doing business with them as it is simply convenient for me as it is litterally just minutes from my house.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 07-14-2012, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Call Darin at the Oviedo Branch and see if that was a special or what. I always buy it from them as they are generally the cheapest around here and I do not have shipping. I buy some of my chemicals that for my shrubs from them too. I am not sure if it is being a regular customer for them or what but they are generally good about matching or beating a price for me if I say something. Generally I have asked enough times about lowering the cost to meet someone that I end up getting good prices and just doing business with them as it is simply convenient for me as it is litterally just minutes from my house.
I was in there again today to pick up edger blades, needed more line and picked up a .095 braided line from rotary for 22.25. I asked why your location might be higher, paul who was behind the counter said to make sure you have a account with them, inform them of this, as the price will be discounted significantly with the account as they do not sell to the commercial folks the same price they would joe blow off the street.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!