Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-08-2012, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Roof Cleaning 33981,33947,33946,33953,33987,33993,33948,34224, 941-698-1959

33981,33947,33946,33953,33987,33993,33948,34224,34223,33952,33954,34293,34287,34288,34286,34291,3427 5,34292,33985 Zips covers our work area.
Licensed and insured in Charlotte and Sarasota County since 1989.

I am a "CERTIFIED" Roof Cleaner and Instructor at the Roof Cleaning Institute Of America.
http://roof-cleaning-institute.activ...-englewood-fl/

See some of our Before / During / & / After work here-
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o126/5282jt/

We are a father and son business and my son has been with me for 19 years straight. So when you hire us, you do not get a work crew, or the new guy in training on your roof.

Most homeowners are unaware, that the roofing manufacturers specify exact cleaning methods and chemicals, that may be used on their products, without voiding their warranties. You can read directly from their websites, from links in my website that they all say "DO NOT PRESSURE WASH ROOFING" http://www.bergmanpressurewashing.co...Specifics.html

Seeing as how the roofing manufacturers not only make the product, but also stand behind it with a warranty, common sense dictates we listen to them.

"We" being you the homeowner and myself and others, who are in the business of cleaning roofs as contractors.

For most of us, our roofing is worth more than our vehicle.

We follow the auto manufacturers instructions with changing the oil etc, to be sure we do not void our warranty and to get all the trouble free years out of our vehicle that is reasonably possible.

If a local mechanic were to try to convince you, not to pay attention to the clear instructions provided by your vehicle's manufacturer, would you listen to him or the manufacturer?

If he told you automotive oil was not the best thing to use in your vehicle, but that a product he made himself or sold, was superior, would you chance causing your warranty to become invalid, by listening to him, instead of the auto manufacturer?

Perhaps he tells you that his product is "GREEN" "ECO-FRIENDLY" "BIO-DEGRADABLE" and that "OIL" can add to polluting the Earth. Will you be swayed from the facts by his sales presentation?

That scenario, is exactly what you would be doing, if you ignore the specific instructions from your roofing manufacturer and allow a pressure washing machine to be used on it or to test out one of the new "Go Green" chemicals being pushed in the last few years. I tested 2 of them on my own roof and they did not work as advertised. Plus, they do not list the chemicals in them, so you don't know what you are spraying around your home?

Here in Florida,the stains that appear on a roof are the living organism ( Gloeocapsa Magma algae ) that will gradually reduce the lifespan of the investment you made in your home, by deteriorating your roofing.

As this algae spreads and blackens [keeping your roof surface moist and dark] you may notice your homes utility bills go up.
The black coating of algae will also absorb and hold heat within your roofs surface.

A blackened, infected roof not only reduces your homes curb-appeal but also it's property value.
The greatest damage is caused on shingled roofs, as the algae eats away at the limestone filler in the shingle and the protective granules, which you see as "the color" of your roof dislodge and the rain washes them off the roof [ IMAGINE WHAT LOSS IS CAUSED IF YOU ALLOW A CLEANING BY SOMEONE WITH A PRESSURE WASHING MACHINE UP THERE! ]

Barrel and Flat tiles are also affected by this algae. In the case of tile, the greatest problems are cosmetic and higher electric bills, unless it is painted tile, then the algae will eat the paint and get under it's surface. Of course, if you have a glazed tile roof, the agae, left to grow, will eat the shine away too!

A roofs life expectancy can be reduced by as much as 50% leading the homeowner to believe roof replacement is their only option.

All these factors contribute to a premature roof replacement, a costly outcome for any homeowner.

WE ARE FLORIDA CERTIFIED ROOF CLEANERS! http://roof-cleaning-institute.activ...1055740&page=1

Chuck Bergman Pressure Washing and Soft-Wash Roof Cleaning services all above Zip Codes.

941-698-1959 -Cape Haze, Boca Grande, Rotonda
941-474-8883 -Englewood
941-483-3673 -Venice
941-255-8600 -Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2013, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Member

I own a 44z Gravely Mower and it won't start. Got a question

I bought this in 2007 and it's been a great mower, Garvely 44z
Recently, it will start one time and not the next. It happened today and I noticed that when it started, the digital hour meter lit up with the key on. When it won't start-like now-it does not light up.
Any ideas?

Tags
englewood roof cleaning , pressure washing sw fl. , venice roof cleaning