Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-07-2012, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Handing Out Flyers

I am making a flyer this season with the services that i offer listed. i could use some catchy ideas on how to grab their attention. so far, i listed the services i offer, put free estimates, free advice, and put lawn cuts starting at $25 to grab their attention. most yards around here are very small so it is reasonable to put that price. What exactly are soil amendments? i figured that was considered as pest control, fertilization, weed control, and anything you add to your grass? any help on catchy things to put on my flower or if you could explain soil amendments i would appreciate it!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Licensed and insured always looks good on a flyer. But I wouldn't put that on there if you're not!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-07-2012, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't put any services on there that you are not well versed in !!

I would not offer free advice...your knowledge cost something!
Could you go to a attorney and ask for his free advice? think not.

I would offer as few services as you could afford to. Specialize in a set of core services that you can do better then anyone else...then you will get refferals.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunton Guy View Post
Don't put any services on there that you are not well versed in !!

I would not offer free advice...your knowledge cost something!
Could you go to a attorney and ask for his free advice? think not.

I would offer as few services as you could afford to. Specialize in a set of core services that you can do better then anyone else...then you will get refferals.
thanks. i will probably wait for the flyers because in a few days i will be licensed and insured so i can add to that also
Old 06-08-2012, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The post office has a thing where you pay .14 cents a flyer to be mailed to a certain zip code. I have roughly 2700 left over from the past 2 years and I'm gonna do this next spring. It will only cost $400 roughly but it beast driving around and walking everywhere. Plus I don't have the time for that. O do enjoy the walking tho.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-09-2012, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Lawn Care View Post
The post office has a thing where you pay .14 cents a flyer to be mailed to a certain zip code. I have roughly 2700 left over from the past 2 years and I'm gonna do this next spring. It will only cost $400 roughly but it beast driving around and walking everywhere. Plus I don't have the time for that. O do enjoy the walking tho.
Posted via Mobile Device
I checked into that a little bit. You can also go through vistaprint or a postcard company, they design postcards for you and send them to a certain area too. That should get some clients, for $330 postcard mania makes and sends 5000 postcards to a certain area
Old 06-09-2012, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris brauch View Post
I checked into that a little bit. You can also go through vistaprint or a postcard company, they design postcards for you and send them to a certain area too. That should get some clients, for $330 postcard mania makes and sends 5000 postcards to a certain area
That's not a bad deal! That is cheaper than the mail I did last year. I did a mailer coupon thing that sent out my add with a bunch of other adds to 50,000 house for $1900 x 5 mailing. It did not work at all. I got out of 3 mailing cause it didn't get my phone ringing. I may look into it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-11-2012, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Regarding flyers and mailing, like the leftover ones mentioned earlier, anyone know if those need to have some kind of return address pre-printed, and would they need to be folded?

Anyone know?

I've got several thousand laying around.

Was just thinking yesterday how I don't miss the days of walking flyers or the old compost heap of bulletin boards.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 06-11-2012, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden View Post
Regarding flyers and mailing, like the leftover ones mentioned earlier, anyone know if those need to have some kind of return address pre-printed, and would they need to be folded?

Anyone know?

I've got several thousand laying around.

Was just thinking yesterday how I don't miss the days of walking flyers or the old compost heap of bulletin boards.

I'd ask the post office. They will be able to give you the answer you are looking for.
Posted via Mobile Device